Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
159 views
How can I change the offsetY in the OnClientShow or the OnClientBeforeShow Javascript Event?

Ubong
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
127 views

Where can I get the source for:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" TagName="Header" Src="~/Common/Header.ascx" originalAttribute="Src" originalPath="~/Common/Header.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" TagName="HeadTag" Src="~/Common/HeadTag.ascx" originalAttribute="Src" originalPath="~/Common/HeadTag.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" TagName="Footer" Src="~/Common/Footer.ascx" originalAttribute="Src" originalPath="~/Common/Footer.ascx" %>


used in the demos?

Thanks
Steve

Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
2 answers
103 views
I've just been to the landing page for the Knowledgebase and can't help but notice that there are no links to KB pages for the new AJAX suite.

I guess that could because there aren't any articles, but then there's no place for us to submit any either.

Can someone at telerik towers have a look at this?

--
Stuart
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
129 views

Can someone please let me know how  to set only the vertical scrollbar for a RadGrid. What should I do not to render the horizontal scrollbar.  I have tried setting the width as given in the documentation but was unsuccessful in achieving it.

To restrict the horizontal bar from being rendered, verify that:

·         the width for the MasterTableView is set to 99% if auto-generated columns are used

·         the total width of the declaratively set columns is smaller than the width of the grid itself


Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
204 views
Hi

I need help :) I'm using Telerik Prometious Q3 and Peter Blum's Validation and more controls with great succes, but have run into one problem, that I cannot solve myself.

I have multiple buttons on a specific page, most of these buttons are ajaxenabled through the very useful Telerik controls (the RadAjaxManager). But I need to keep three buttons continuing to use the default postback behaviour. This is of course not a problem in itself, but when you click on the buttons the code behind takes approx. of 15 seconds to execute. Therefore I use Peter Blums' VAM:Button feature DisableOnSubmit, but this feature is also executed when I click on the ajax enabled buttons.

So my question is, how do I keep the ajaxenabled buttons working without interefering with the Peter Blum Control. The only solution I can think of is to somehow ajaxify the three VAM:buttons, so that when I click the other buttons it allows them to enabled the VAM:buttons again, but then I can't get the postback behaviour of the three buttons.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Dennis Cassøe

plamen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
97 views
Can the new "RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX" be used on the DotNetNuke framework?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
126 views
Scenario:
I have a grid that will specify a default GroupByExpression when it is first loaded. The default expression is a compound expression such as the following:
ReportGroup1 [Group 1], ReportGroup2 [Group 2] Group By ReportGroup1, ReportGroup2
A GroupByExpression is created with this string and added to the MasterTableView of the grid.

Then after the page loads, drag another column, such as LastName, to the group by panel.  Now I have two GroupByExpressions.

Problem:
I first noticed the problem when I went to remove the LastName column from the group by panel.  Everytime I would do this, it would always remove the first item in the group by panel, which was my original expression.

After taking a closer look, i noticed that the _createGroupPanelItems jscript function in the GridGroupPanel.js file is not creating the items with the correct HierarchicalIndex - which is then passed down in the postback as the index to remove from the group by panel.

As a temporary workaround, I have broken up the default expression to be two expressions, and it appears to be working as expected.
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
245 views
I can't seem to get the loading panel to show when a nested RadTabStrip tab is clicked.
Here is my page, child page of a master that contains the ScriptManager and RadAjaxManager.
<telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="RadAjaxPanel1MainPage" runat="server" EnableOutsideScripts="false"> 
 
    <telerik:RadTabStrip Visible="true" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderColor="black" BorderWidth="0px"  
        ID="RadTabStrip1" runat="server" Skin="Outlook" SelectedIndex="0" MultiPageID="multiPage" 
        AutoPostBack="True"> 
        <Tabs> 
            <telerik:RadTab Text="Tab1" ID="tab0" runat="server" PageViewID="pv0"></telerik:RadTab> 
            <telerik:RadTab Text="Tab2" ID="tab1" runat="server" PageViewID="pv1"></telerik:RadTab> 
        </Tabs> 
    </telerik:RadTabStrip> 
     
    <telerik:radmultipage ID="multiPage" selectedindex="0" runat="server" style="float:left" Height="520px" Width="98%"  
        RenderSelectedPageOnly="false" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1px" BorderColor="#999999" Visible="true"  
        ScrollBars="Vertical"> 
        <telerik:RadPageView ID="pv0" runat="server"> 
            <asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" style="padding:3px 1px 2px 3px;"> 
            </asp:Panel>    
        </telerik:RadPageView>          
        <telerik:RadPageView ID="pv1" runat="server"> 
            <asp:Panel ID="Panel2" runat="server" style="padding:3px 1px 2px 3px;"></asp:Panel> 
        </telerik:RadPageView>  
    </telerik:radmultipage>         
     
    </telerik:RadAjaxPanel> 
     
    <asp:ScriptManagerProxy ID="ScriptManagerProxy1" runat="server" /> 
    <telerik:radajaxmanagerproxy ID="RadAjaxManagerProxy1" runat="server"> 
        <AjaxSettings> 
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadTabStrip1"> 
                <UpdatedControls> 
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadTabStrip1" /> 
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="multiPage" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" /> 
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Panel1" /> 
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Panel2" /> 
                </UpdatedControls> 
            </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
        </AjaxSettings> 
    </telerik:radajaxmanagerproxy> 
     
    <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server" Transparency="30" BackColor="#E0E0E0"> 
        <asp:Image ID="Image1" ImageUrl="~/Images/Loading7.gif" BorderWidth="0px" AlternateText="Loading"  
        runat="server" Style="margin-top: 45px;" /> 
    </telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel> 
On server click of RadTabStrip1 I am dynamically loading the UserControl below into Panel2.
When I click the Tabs of RadTabStrip2 which is loaded dynamically, I don't see the loading panel.

UserControlTab
<telerik:RadTabStrip Visible="true" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderColor="black" BorderWidth="0px"  
                ID="RadTabStrip2" runat="server" Skin="Outlook" SelectedIndex="0" MultiPageID="multiPageFinancials" 
                AutoPostBack="true"> 
                <Tabs> 
                    <telerik:RadTab ID="tab0" Text="Tab11" runat="server" PageViewID="pv0"></telerik:RadTab> 
                    <telerik:RadTab ID="Tab1" Text="Tab22 runat="server" PageViewID="pv1"></telerik:RadTab> 
                </Tabs> 
            </telerik:RadTabStrip> 
             
             
        <telerik:radmultipage ID="multiPage2" selectedindex="0" runat="server" style="float:left" ScrollBars="Vertical"  
            Height="98%" Width="99%" RenderSelectedPageOnly="false" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1px" BorderColor="#999999"> 
            <telerik:RadPageView ID="pv0" runat="server"> 
                <asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" style="padding:3px 1px 2px 3px;"> 
                    <%--Time 1: 
                    <telerik:radcodeblock ID="RadCodeBlock1" runat="server"> 
                    <%=System.DateTime.Now.ToString() %> 
                    </telerik:radcodeblock>--%> 
                </asp:Panel>  
                <uc1:WebUserControl ID="WebUserControl1" runat="server" /> 
            </telerik:RadPageView>     
              
            <telerik:RadPageView ID="pv1" runat="server"> 
                <asp:Panel ID="Panel2" runat="server" style="padding:3px 1px 2px 3px;"> 
                   <%-- Time 2: 
                    <telerik:radcodeblock ID="RadCodeBlock2" runat="server"> 
                    <%=System.DateTime.Now.ToString() %> 
                    </telerik:radcodeblock>--%> 
                    <uc2:WebUserControl ID="WebUserControl2" runat="server" /> 
                </asp:Panel>  
            </telerik:RadPageView>    
        </telerik:radmultipage>            
         
 
         
    <asp:ScriptManagerProxy ID="ScriptManagerProxy13" runat="server" /> 
    <telerik:radajaxmanagerproxy ID="RadAjaxManagerProxy33" runat="server"> 
    <AjaxSettings> 
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadAjaxManagerProxy33"> 
            <UpdatedControls> 
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadTabStrip2"></telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl> 
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="multiPage2" /> 
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Panel2" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel22" /> 
            </UpdatedControls> 
        </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadTabStrip2"> 
            <UpdatedControls> 
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="multiPage2" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel22" /> 
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Panel2" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel22" /> 
            </UpdatedControls> 
        </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
    </AjaxSettings> 
    </telerik:radajaxmanagerproxy> 
     
    <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel22" runat="server" Transparency="30" BackColor="#E0E0E0"> 
    <asp:Image ID="Image1" ImageUrl="~/Images/Loading7.gif" BorderWidth="0px" AlternateText="Loading"  
    runat="server" Style="margin-top: 45px;" /> 
</telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel> 
UserControlTab.ascx.cs
    #region Web Form Designer generated code 
    override protected void OnInit(EventArgs e) 
    { 
        // 
        // CODEGEN: This call is required by the ASP.NET Web Form Designer. 
        // 
        InitializeComponent(); 
        base.OnInit(e); 
    } 
 
    /// <summary> 
    /// Required method for Designer support - do not modify 
    /// the contents of this method with the code editor. 
    /// </summary> 
    private void InitializeComponent() 
    { 
        // Tabs 
        this.RadTabStrip2.TabClick += new Telerik.Web.UI.RadTabStripEventHandler(this.RadTabStrip2_Click); 
 
        RadAjaxManagerProxy33.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(RadTabStrip2, multiPage2, RadAjaxLoadingPanel22); 
    } 
    #endregion 
 
    private void RadTabStrip2_Click(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.RadTabStripEventArgs e) 
    { 
        System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(2000); 
    } 

Could some please tell me what is wrong and how I can display the loading panel of a nested Tab.
Thanks
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
1 answer
147 views
Hi all ,

I have radchart.RadControlsDir = "~/wpresources/Chart/RadControls";
and radchart.TempImagesFolder= "~/wpresources/Chart/RadControls/Chart";

and Now , i want to change two that property :

radchart.RadControlsDir = "C:/Windows/Temp/Chart/RadControls";
and radchart.TempImagesFolder = "C:./Windows/Temp/Chart/RadControls/Chart";

but it throw error "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Chart\RadControls\Chart\chart_4b3b13b3-fad6-45f4-be68-750ac4e4db08.Png" is not a valid virtual path..

How do we get virtual path from "C:/Windows/Temp/Chart/RadControl"

thanks
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
3 answers
238 views

Hello, 

I want to disable Add New Record and Refresh link which on the top of the RadGrid. Actually I have some limitations and so i can not implement ''CommandItemTemplate' to do this.

we are using RadGrid.Net2.dll having version '4.6.2.0'. and we are developng this application in Asp.Net 2.0.

If there is any way please guide me.

Thanks & Regards,
Hardik.

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 24 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?