Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
165 views
Hi,

I'm using radEditor 7.3.2.0 in my ASP.Net 1.1x application. Last week i updated the latest service pack "RadControls_Q3_2007_SP2_dev_hotfix.zip" after that when i tried to upload image, it gives error like "The file could not be uploaded because the application did not have enough permissions. Contact Administrator.". But this is working localy. When the site is published cannot possible to upload image in the RadEditor.

Pls provide a solution to solve this issue.

Thanks
Vijay
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2008
3 answers
172 views
When the Grid goes into Edit mode with a GridDateTime column with picker, if the column is NULL (a valid value in the db in this case) I get an exception.

This is bound to a LINQ datasource, is there any way to handle this exception or cause a default value to appear?
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2008
0 answers
223 views

The compatibility layer which was used in the
transition beta period is now removed. All client-side methods strictly
follow the ASP.NET AJAX conventions and are lower case.

For example, the get_Value() method will no longer be supported.
Instead, one should use get_value().

Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 08 May 2008
0 answers
268 views

The compatibility layer which was used in the
transition beta period is now removed. All client-side methods strictly
follow the ASP.NET AJAX conventions and are lower case.

For example, the get_SelectedDates() method will no longer be supported.
Instead, one should use get_selectedDates().

Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 08 May 2008
3 answers
174 views
We are dynamically creating RadEditors from code. Currently, I have code like this:

            RadEditor edt = new RadEditor ();
            edt.ID = "someid";
            edt.ToolbarMode = EditorToolbarMode.ShowOnFocus;
            edt.BorderStyle = BorderStyle.None;
            edt.ToolsFile = "Tools.xml";

Rather than hardcode these properties, I'd rather create new instances from file. My first thought was to use the XmlSerializer to load an instance from a persisted xml file - however, creating a new instance of XmlSerializer on RadEditor throws numerous exceptions.

Essentially, I want to do what .NET does when it encounters something like this in an ASPX page:
<telerik:RadEditor ID="RadEditor1" runat="server" EditModes="Design" Skin="WebBlue" ToolsFile="Tools.xml"  BorderStyle="None" ToolbarMode="ShowOnFocus">

that is, instantiate the control and set the properties based on markup.

Is there an easy way to do this?
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2008
4 answers
235 views
I set tabIndex property of the Rad upload, it does not get rendered to the browser, tabIndex is not woking on Rad upload control, what should be done to make tabindex working .
jagroop
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 May 2008
6 answers
73 views
I have the edit mode buttons (design, html, and preview) on the left botton corner.

And, the button move when I move the vertical scrollbar on the browser.  

Is there a way to make them not moving?
George
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2008
1 answer
348 views
Hi,

I have searched to no avail, so heres the question:

Can you use rad upload to upload images (gif/Jpg) to a database?  If so does anyone have any sample code to help me out?

I already have a means of uploading but its messy and would like to use this control if possible.

Thanks.
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2008
2 answers
153 views
When dragging a specific occurrence of a recurring event to a new date on the scheduler the RecurrenceExceptionCreated event is fired. 

In the RecurrenceExceptionCreatedEventArgs I have access to 2 different appointment objects:

e.Appointment gives me access to the master appointment.  The start/end dates for this object are the original recurrence values.

e.ExceptionAppointment gives me access to the "new" exception appointment.  The start/end dates for this object are the new exception dates.



How do I gain access to the start/end date of the actual occurrence that is being dragged?  So if a recurrence started on Monday and went to Friday and recurred every day and I dragged Wednesday to the next week, how do I know which date Wednesday was?

I can see it in the updated RecurrenceRule for e.Appointment but parsing that out would be a really ugly solution.

Also you have the following enumerator value:

RecurrenceState.Occurence

Please refer to: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/occurence

Noun

occurence

  1. Common misspelling of occurrence
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2008
2 answers
105 views
Hi,

I'm looking for the possibilities for doing updates of cells (text) in a RadGrid column.
The calculation time of the replacement values takes long time to generate, and it's not needed by the user immediately.
I've tried to have a label inside the item-template for the given column, with a DynamicPopulatorExtender (from the AjaxControlToolkit), with a button to trigger the dynamic populators by having a script that invokes the button-click when the page has loaded.

Any good ideas?
Einar
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?