Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
253 views
Hi,

When I edit an XML file (in this case web.sitemap) the text appears unstructured. That is, all compressed up line after line. When I view the same file in notepad or VS it appears nicely formatted like an XML file should be.

How can I get the XML file to appear structured in the editor?

Thanks, Paul.
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2008
2 answers
178 views
Hi,
I am using the rad toolbar to open a radwindow client-side..no problems..
However, what i am trying to do is open the radwindow with the parent window querystring parameter..
ie;
Parent window = CompanyInformation.aspx?ID=3
RadWindow = Buddy.aspx

I need the ?ID=3 to pass to the navigate Url of the radwindow.. ?

Is this possible, and if so how ?
Many Thanks
Mark
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 May 2008
4 answers
261 views
Hello, I'm trying to implement something similar to the Load-On-Demand example where you have a repeater and a RadToolTipManager and everytime you hover over a repeater-item, a user-control that contains a formview loads and displays as a tooltip over the repeater-item.

The formview is reading for a SQLDataSource, so sometimes there's a delay when executing queries, especially when the page has been idle for many minutes. The thing is, when the tooltip (containing the formview) shows it remains blank for a few seconds before it retrieves the proper data. I would like to place a loading animation similar to the one found in a standard AjaxLoadingPanel.

What can I modify/add to the Telerik's Load-On-Demand example to acheive this?

Thank you for your time...
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2008
2 answers
94 views
Hi,

I have a Page, which contains a Drop Down List control and a RadEditor control.  On SelectedIndexChanged from the Drop Down List, I have a RadAjaxManager to fire an Ajax request to load different values into the RadEditor content.  The first time I select change on the drop down list, everything works fine.  However, once I select another item from the drop down list and fire the ajax request again, I got a javascript error saying "Object doesn't support this property or method".  Then nothing works afterward.  I think there is an issue with RadEditor and RadAjax, please let me know if this is a known bug? 

If you need sample, I can provide you one to re-create the issue I am having now.

Chris 
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2008
1 answer
105 views
I am setting the ReorderTabRows to true with a multi-row tab set. However when clicking on a tab, the active tab does NOT move to the bottom. Am I missing something.
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2008
1 answer
178 views
Hi,

I'm using RADToolbar which has template button and with in the template button i have a linkbutton and a label. I have to access the label with in the template button in the tool bar on the client side (javascript). When i tried to access the toolbar on client side, it says that  'toolbar ins undefined'. But when i use toolbar button instead of template button, i was able to access the toolbar. So the question is how to access the controls with in the template button in toolbar on client side (javascript)?  
Note: i'm developing using Telerik of version 'RadControls for ASP.NET Q2 2007'.

Thanks.
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2008
1 answer
134 views
Hi,
 Is it feasible to implement client side sorting on a multi-column combobox implemented using the ITemplate interface for headers and list items?
My Multi-column combobox is created progammatically with a dynamically configurable number of columns.

I would like to control the sorting via the user clicking on the column headings, toggling between ascending and descending.   Is this possible with Javascript and the Terlik client side API?

Thanks, AL
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2008
1 answer
136 views
Im trying to put a radslider in a radtooltip.  When I try to do this the slider doesn't render correctly.  Is this even possible to do?
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2008
3 answers
210 views
I am using the 2008.1 version of radGrid, and am having a problem with one set of data that I am trying to display.  The grid is bound to a dataset obtained from a stored procedure.  The stored procedure contains a simple select statement, that, on occasion, will not return any data.

In this new version, instead of seeing the NoRecordsTemplate, the page crashes with stack dump below.  I have other pages with the same setup that seem to work fine.  This page also works as long as the SP doesn't return an empty recordset.  (For clarification, the SP does indeed return an empty recordset.  It doesn't try to return nothing.).

Thanks,
Joel


[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
Telerik.Web.UI.GridBoundColumn.PrepareFieldName(IEnumerable enumerable, IQueryable queryable, String fieldName, Type dataType) +35
Telerik.Web.UI.GridBoundColumn.GetAggregate(IEnumerable enumerable, IQueryable queryable, String fieldName, Type dataType, GridAggregateFunction func) +26
Telerik.Web.UI.GridBoundColumn.ApplyAggregates35(TableCell cell, String footerText) +323
Telerik.Web.UI.GridBoundColumn.cell_DataBinding(Object sender, EventArgs e) +491
System.Web.UI.Control.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +206
System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12
System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +204
System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +216
System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +12
Telerik.Web.UI.GridItem.SetupItem(Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem, GridColumn[] columns, ControlCollection rows) +539
Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +726
Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.CreateChildControls(IEnumerable dataSource, Boolean useDataSource) +471
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data) +59
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data) +111
System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +29
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +149
Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.PerformSelect() +4
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +70
Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.DataBind() +304
Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.DataBind() +77
Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.AutoDataBind(GridRebindReason rebindReason) +132
Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +120
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +131
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +131
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +131
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +131
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1436
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2008
1 answer
219 views
Is there an easy way to place excel and word export images (image buttons) into the CommandItemTemplate and handle these events - and be able to format the output to excel? If so can an example be provided because whatever I try doesn't work. Thanks in advance.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 08 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?