Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
179 views
Hi,

  I have a search textbox and button on page. Grid is also on same page. I need to refresh it everytime user clicks on serach button. Thing is I am only retriving 20 rows at a time and using VirtualItemCount to page thru others. On dgUsers_ItemDataBound I have to use Class objects and get some values to assign to hypUserId. Ajax doesn't work when I create a new instance of class.  It doesn't refresh when I remove alert('hi') and when it works without alert and class, it doesn't always refreshes grid. What I am doing wrong?
Pls. help..

This is the code I am using on button click.

$find(

"<%=AjaxManager.ClientID%>").ajaxRequest("SEARCH");
alert(
'hi');

Ajax manager settings -

<

telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="AjaxManager" runat="server" OnAjaxRequest="AjaxManager_AjaxRequest">
<AjaxSettings>
<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="AjaxManager">
<UpdatedControls>
<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="panel"  />
</UpdatedControls>
</telerik:AjaxSetting>
<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="btnSearch">
<UpdatedControls>
<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="panel"  />
</UpdatedControls>
</telerik:AjaxSetting>
</AjaxSettings>
</telerik:RadAjaxManager>

And this is the grid.

<

asp:PlaceHolder id="panel" runat="server">
<telerik:RadGrid ID="dgUsers" runat="server" AllowCustomPaging="true" AllowMultiRowSelection="false"AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="false" AutoGenerateColumns="false" OnItemDataBound="dgUsers_ItemDataBound"
OnNeedDataSource="dgUsers_NeedDataSource" OnPageIndexChanged="dgUsers_PageIndexChanged" PageSize="20" Visible="false">
<PagerStyle mode="NumericPages" AlwaysVisible="true" />
<MasterTableView><Columns>
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="User ID" UniqueName="PersonId">
<ItemTemplate >
<asp:HyperLink ID="hypUserId" runat="server"></asp:HyperLink>
</ItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Email" UniqueName="email">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Label ID="lblEmail" runat="server"></asp:Label>
</ItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
</Columns>
</MasterTableView>
</telerik:radgrid>
</asp:PlaceHolder>

thanks.

shamley
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 May 2008
7 answers
237 views
I am using a custom skin for the RadEditor.
I have created the skin from the existing skin WebBlue.
Copied the css and image folders and renamed the files with myskin name.
EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" 
After setting property. and skin = customskinname
Now the Radeditor looks with the skin, but when i open the ImageMap dialog,
The buttons are displayed in "Black" color i.e default skin color.

Please let me know
what more changes do i need to make?
 
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 May 2008
3 answers
243 views
Hi all,

I am trying to run Prometheus live demos on my dev server for the first time.  

********
Problem
********

Whenever I run a DefaultCS.aspx file in one of the examples I get the following error:

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unknown server tag 'telerik:treenavigation'.

Source Error:

Line 2:  <%@ Control Language="c#" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="Telerik.QuickStart.ExamplesNavigation" TargetSchema="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" %>
Line 3:  <%@ register tagprefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
Line 4: <telerik:treenavigation id="treeNavigator" CssClass="navigationNodes" runat="server" Line 5:  		NewExampleImageUrl="~/Common/new.gif" EnableViewState="False"></telerik:treenavigation>

Source File: /WebTier/Common/ExamplesNavigation.ascx    Line: 4

********
Steps I've taken so far
********
1. I have used the manual installation and have created a project with selected live demos
2. I have added all the .dll files from the live demo bin directory
3. I have added the "Common", "Upload", "Menu", "Controls" and "RadControls" folders (and all their files) to my project
4. I have modified my web.config file 
5.  I added the QuickStart.dll file from the Rad Controls Q3 (i.e. non Prometheus) to my bin directory.  This is because my Prometheus download (RadControls_Prometheus_2007_3_1314_trial.zip, ~101Mb) did not have a QuickStart.dll included. 

Note: I did not run the TollBoxInstallerNet20 file



********
My Web.config
********
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!--

Note: As an alternative to hand editing this file you can use the

web admin tool to configure settings for your application. Use

the Website->Asp.Net Configuration option in Visual Studio.

A full list of settings and comments can be found in

machine.config.comments usually located in

\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.x\Config

-->

<

configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">

<!--

Added for Neodynamic ImageDraw-->

<

configSections>

<

sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">

<

sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">

<

section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" />

<

sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">

<

section name="jsonSerialization" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingJsonSerializationSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="Everywhere" />

<

section name="profileService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" />

<

section name="authenticationService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" />

</

sectionGroup>

</

sectionGroup>

</

sectionGroup>

<

sectionGroup name="telerik.web.ui">

<

section name="radScheduler" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadSchedulerConfigurationSection, Telerik.Web.UI, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" requirePermission="false" />

</

sectionGroup>

</

configSections>

 

<

appSettings/>

<

connectionStrings/>

<

system.web>

<

webServices>

<

protocols>

<

add name="HttpPost" />

</

protocols>

</

webServices>

<

pages>

<

controls>

<

add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>

<!--

Added for Neodynamic ImageDraw-->

<

add assembly= "Neodynamic.WebControls.ImageDraw, Version=3.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=49ea6b0547247dc5" namespace="Neodynamic.WebControls.ImageDraw " tagPrefix="neoimg"/>

</

controls>

</

pages>

<!--

Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging

symbols into the compiled page. Because this

affects performance, set this value to true only

during development.

-->

<

machineKey validationKey="D25BC0E7698D0674BCC0E6146BFCB565DBBE9374DCCFAD79DFCCFBA588D6C4A1CEBA05DC460A17BCF8A31EE72CF4CC9496C1024898DB6388510D8C66C0909C45" decryptionKey="23E04A994E71FC9BB0AE587A30E8FC56F6F7DA2CA1F58ABE763075684BC5CD62" validation="SHA1" decryption="AES"/>

<

customErrors mode="Off"/>

<

authorization>

<

allow users="Rarbo\ASPNET"/>

</

authorization>

<

compilation debug="false">

<

assemblies>

<

add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>

<

add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

<

add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

<!--

Added for Rad Prometheus-->

<

add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />

<

add assembly="System.Drawing, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" />

<

add assembly="System.Drawing.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" />

<

add assembly="System.Configuration, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" />

<

add assembly="System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" />

<

add assembly="System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" />

<

add assembly="System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" />

<

add assembly="System.Web.Services, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" />

<

add assembly="Telerik.Charting, Version=1.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=D14F3DCC8E3E8763" />

</

assemblies>

</

compilation>

<

httpRuntime maxRequestLength="102400"/>

<!--

RadUpload and ASP.NET Ajax http module/http handler registration-->

<

httpHandlers>

<

remove verb="*" path="*.asmx" />

<

add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />

<

add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />

<

add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false" />

<

add verb="*" path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.Upload.RadUploadProgressHandler, Telerik.Web.UI" />

<

add verb="*" path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"></add>

<

add verb="*" path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"></add>

<

add verb="*" path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" validate="false" />

</

httpHandlers>

<

httpModules>

<

add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule, Telerik.Web.UI" />

<

add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />

</

httpModules>

</

system.web>

<!--

Added for Neodynamic ImageDraw-->

<

system.web.extensions>

<

scripting>

<

webServices>

<!--

Uncomment this line to customize maxJsonLength and add a custom converter -->

<!--

<jsonSerialization maxJsonLength="500">

<converters>

<add name="ConvertMe" type="Acme.SubAcme.ConvertMeTypeConverter"/>

</converters>

</jsonSerialization>

-->

<!--

Uncomment this line to enable the authentication service. Include requireSSL="true" if appropriate. -->

<!--

<authenticationService enabled="true" requireSSL = "true|false"/>

-->

<!--

Uncomment these lines to enable the profile service. To allow profile properties to be retrieved

and modified in ASP.NET AJAX applications, you need to add each property name to the readAccessProperties and

writeAccessProperties attributes.

-->

<!--

<profileService enabled="true"

readAccessProperties="propertyname1,propertyname2"

writeAccessProperties="propertyname1,propertyname2" />

-->

</

webServices>

<!--

<scriptResourceHandler enableCompression="true" enableCaching="true" />

-->

</

scripting>

</

system.web.extensions>

<!--

Added for Neodynamic ImageDraw-->

<

system.webServer>

<

modules>

<

add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule, Telerik.Web.UI" preCondition="managedHandler" />

<

add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" preCondition="managedHandler" />

</

modules>

<

handlers>

<

add name="ChartImage.axd_*" path="ChartImage.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0" />

<

add name="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd_*" path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0" />

<

add name="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx_*" path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0" />

<

add name="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx_*" path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.Upload.RadUploadProgressHandler, Telerik.Web.UI" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0" />

<

add name="ScriptResource.axd_GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" verb="GET,HEAD" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0" />

<

add name="*_AppService.axd_*" path="*_AppService.axd" verb="*" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0" />

<

add name="*.asmx_*" path="*.asmx" verb="*" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0" />

</

handlers>

<

validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />

</

system.webServer>

</

configuration>

Mark Macaulay
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 May 2008
1 answer
108 views

I'm migrating to the newest Telerik Q1 2008 components.

I realized, thtat i should not use: Telerik.WebControls.

Ok, i renamed the namespace to: Telerik.Web.UI.

Now, i have some errors.

One of them is: 

Error 3 
The type or namespace name 'MenuGroup' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
 

MenuGroup AdministrationGroup =

new MenuGroup();

Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 May 2008
5 answers
534 views
Hi

I'm trying to skin a RadComboBox.

After trying to copy an example given in another Telerik forum I noticed that the only way to get the skinning to work (at all) was to add a reference to the dll supplied in the example: RadComboBox.Net2.dll

On further investigation I found that the namespaces Telerik.Web.UI (in assembly Telerik.web.ui.dll - downloaded in the trial version of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX), and, Telerik.Webcontrols (in assembly RadCombobox.Net2.dll) both contain RadComboBox. Which one should I use? Why are they different? And in which product is RadCombobox.Net2.dll contained? (I cannot find it in any of the available downloads)

Thanks
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 May 2008
1 answer
176 views
Say I have a 5 RadDocks and 2 zones. When a RadDock A is dragged from zone 1 to zone 2 I want to execute some server side code based on the information contained in the RadDock that was dragged.

For example, when RadDock A is dragged to Zone 2 I want to execute some C# code to query a database and display a list of products that are associated with RadDock A and have it all be asynchronous (no post back sent to the client).

Is this possible?
Dimcho
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
1 answer
196 views
Hi,
  I need some help as to "How can i get the server side event" on a click of a button of "radprompt". Please provide me some help as i need to execute some server side code on the click of a "Ok/Cancel" button of a "radprompt".


Thanks.
Raju.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
1 answer
140 views
Hi
        I want create RadWindow functionality like Confirm window, mean i want to get or return RadWindow true or false value.
       there is some Radiobutton list on RadWindow  i wan to get values from RadioButton also
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
4 answers
170 views
Using Fiddler I see a 404 on a WebResource.axd request when using a custom skin.  This does not happen with embedded skins or using a non-embedded version of the standard skins. 

To recreate the problem.
1) Create a project with a page containing an editor.
2) Change the editor to use a non-embedded version of a standard skin.  I used WebBlue.
3) Verify using Fiddler.
4) Copy the skin to a new name, renaming CSS file and CSS classes.
5) Recheck using Fiddler.

Mark
Mark Griebling
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 May 2008
3 answers
128 views
i have rad chart on a page where legend is displayed
Legend item is Year

i just want it to be displayed as

  • 2006
  • 2007
  • 2008

But it is now showing as

  • ColumnName :2007
  • ColumnName :2008
  • ColumnName :2009

I want to remove the ColumnName
How can i do it?

Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?