Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
19 answers
318 views
I have a RadEditor and it links to my toolfile.xml.  Inside the XML file, I do not include any tools.  My xml file looks exactly like this
<root></root> 
However, on page loads, the editor loads without any issue.  However, it leaves quite amount of space between the top border and the top of the TextArea.  Please let me know if there is any way I can fix this.  Also, please let me know if it happens on your end.  I am using XP Professional, IE 7.0

Chris
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 May 2008
3 answers
103 views
I have a RadGrid that has EnableViewState=False, and a pagerStype of Slider. However, when I try to page to subsequent pages, it always resets back to the first one. But, if I change the pagerStype to "nextPrevAndNumeric", it works correctly. Is Slider not supported in this configuration?

Thanks!
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
2 answers
170 views
Hi,

   I am trying to implement the RadGrid feature to edit rows when double-clicked. However, it seems that from the example, the method

eventArgs.get_itemIndexHierarchical();

does not seem to work for me. I noticed that the example uses Telerik.Web.UI but I don't have that. I have Telerik.WebControls and I am using the Telerik version Q2 2007. Do I need to upgrade, or I can already make this feature work for me with this version I have?

   I apologize if this does not make sense at all because I am still new at this control.

   Hoping to hear from you soon. I really appreciate it.

Regards,
Arthur

Hansik
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 May 2008
4 answers
408 views
Hi,
This is my third post since using new Prometheus controls (and that is only 2 weeks and only grid control). The first 2 problems are not yet solved and here is the new one.
I have a grid with check boxes and i do not want a user to be able to select a row if a check box is disabled, and i do not want a user to select a row by clicking on it and if the header check box is clicked i do not want the rows with disabled check boxes to be selected. It all worked in the previous rad grid like this:

 <script type="text/javascript">    
            var currentClickEvent = null;   
   
            function GridCreated()   
            {   
                var grid = this;   
                   
                //non-ie click event capture   
                //the event handler will get fired *before* the row click event    
                //and we use that to cache the current event object   
                if (grid.Control.addEventListener)   
                    grid.Control.addEventListener("click", GridTableClick, true);   
            }   
   
            function GridTableClick(e)   
            {   
                currentClickEvent = e;   
            }   
               
            //IE has a global event object. We get the previously cached event object for other browsers   
            function GetClickEvent()   
            {   
                return window.event || currentClickEvent;   
            }   
               
            //cancel all select/deselect operation triggered by non-checkbox row clicks   
            function CancelNonInputSelect(row)    
            {    
                var e = GetClickEvent();   
                //IE - srcElement, Others - target   
                var targetElement = e.srcElement || e.target;   
   
                //is the clicked element a checkbox? <input type="checkbox"...>   
                if(targetElement.tagName.toLowerCase() != "input" &&   
                    targetElement.type.toLowerCase() != "checkbox")   
                {   
                    //cancel the event   
                    return false;   
                }   
                   
                //clean up after all (de)selections are performed   
                window.setTimeout(function() {   
                    currentClickEvent = null;   
                   }, 0);   
            }    
          </script>   


and this is from the grid:

 
   <ClientSettings> 
   <Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" EnableDragToSelectRows="false" ></Selecting> 
<ClientEvents OnGridCreated="GridCreated" OnRowSelecting="CancelNonInputSelect" OnRowDeselecting="CancelNonInputSelect" /> 
</ClientSettings> 


Now nothing works. I think i will go back to previous version.
Kiara
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 May 2008
1 answer
81 views
Hi,

I'm just looking at editing a default skin for the Rad Window and have noticed an invalid link on the online help.

If you go to the Rad Window section and choose Appearance and Styling/Skins, there is a link at the bottom called "Controlling Visual Appearance". It goes to an invalid page however :-(
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
5 answers
304 views
I need to use the radEditor to allow only single line of input
Is there any way to achive this ?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
1 answer
228 views
Hi All,

            if i use the Rad grid with NeedDatasource event on normal .aspx page. 
it works fine i.e this event occurs after the page load. but if we use the rad grid with  NeedDatasource in usercontrol(.ascx). this event ocurs after the page load of aspx page & before the page load of UserControl. insted of after page load of .aspx page & .ascx.

Thanks in advance,
Ganesh K
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
8 answers
403 views

On asp:Textbox the RadTooltip is correct but not on RadTextbox and RadMaskTextbox

I use :
RadInput.Net2.dll version 2.0.2.0
Prometheus version 2007.1.521.0. 

<form...>

 

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />

 

<div>RadTextBox :<radI:RadTextBox ID="RadTextBox1" runat="server"/></div>

<div>TextBox :<asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox></div>

 

<div>RadNumericTextBox :<radI:RadNumericTextBox ID="RadNumericTextBox1" runat="server">

 

</radI:RadNumericTextBox> </div>

 

<asp:Button ID="ButtonNext" runat="server" Text="Suivant" />

 

<telerik:RadToolTip ID="RadToolTip2" runat="server"

 

TargetControlID="TextBox1"

 

Sticky="true"

RelativeTo="Element"

Position="BottomCenter">

 

<asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="My Tooltip Text"></asp:Label>

 

</telerik:RadToolTip>

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
2 answers
174 views

i need to bind the combo box to a linq datasouce and when clicked it show a 2 cols dropdown.

i keep getting error message on the e.Item.DataItem conversion what should the ????? be ?

Protected Sub RdProviders_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As RadComboBoxItemEventArgs)

Dim ds As New mobilesdcDataContext

e.Item.Text =

DirectCast(e.Item.DataItem, ?????)("ProviderExtension").ToString() + "; " + (DirectCast(e.Item.DataItem, ??????))("ProviderName").ToString()

e.Item.Value = (

DirectCast(e.Item.DataItem, ?????))("ProviderExtension").ToString()

End Sub

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

If Not Page.IsPostBack Then

Dim ds As New mobilesdcDataContext

Dim result = From p In ds.Providers_tbls Select p

rbProviders.DataSource = result.ToList

rbProviders.DataTextField =

"ProviderName"

rbProviders.DataValueField =

"ProviderExtension"

rbProviders.DataBind()

End If

End Sub

Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
3 answers
181 views
On my machine (Win XP, .NET 2.0, ASP.NET Ajax, Visual Studio 2005, RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax) I have created a new "ASP.NET Ajax" website project.

On several pages I tried to use RadControls such as the Grid or the RadPanel. Nothing special - just pulled the Widget into the designer view, set up a simple databinding (in the design view, the rad control then re-formats according to the data returned by the binding) and started the application. No other configurations.

Since I see the rad controls change their format / layout according to the data / data structure returned by the data binding, I assume that this portion sort of works.

But when I start the application, I am redirected to my error.aspx page. The trace doesn't provide any information what went wrong. 
When I comment the rad controls out in the aspx-page, the website works.

Are there any prerequisites that I need to fix before using Prometheus?

Thanks

s.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?