Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
143 views
Hello,

When I try to allow scroll, the header of grid displayed properly. But the grid1_GridData part hide itself on the left edge of grid with only 1 or 2px wide.

My code here:
<asp:Panel ID="pnlDoc" runat="server" GroupingText="attachments" CssClass="pnlGroup" style="width:auto; table-layout:fixed">  
            <div class="pnlWidthSet"></div> 
            <ucGt:g_GridTools ID="ucGridTool" runat="server" /> 
            <div class="pnlGroupInsidePanelGrid" id="divGridProduct" runat="server" style="width:auto;table-layout:fixed;">  
                <telerik:RadGrid ID="grdDocs" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" ShowHeader="true" GridLines="None" BackColor="#ebecee"  Skin="ObjectNext" ShowGroupPanel="false" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" 
                    onneeddatasource="grdDocs_NeedDataSource" onprerender="grdDocs_PreRender" onitemdatabound="grdDocs_ItemDataBound" ShowStatusBar="false" 
                    ImagesPath="~/_common/style/objectnext/grid" AllowPaging="false" AllowSorting="true">  
                    <ExportSettings> 
                        <Pdf FontType="Subset" PaperSize="Letter" /> 
                        <Excel Format="Html" /> 
                    </ExportSettings> 
                    <ClientSettings AllowColumnsReorder="true" ReorderColumnsOnClient="true" AllowGroupExpandCollapse="true" EnablePostBackOnRowClick="false">  
                        <Selecting AllowRowSelect="false" /> 
                        <Resizing AllowColumnResize="true" EnableRealTimeResize="true" /> 
                        <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True" ScrollHeight="350px" /> 
                        <ClientEvents OnGridCreated="GridCreated" /> 
 
                    </ClientSettings> 
                      
                    <MasterTableView CommandItemDisplay="None" GroupLoadMode="Client" CurrentResetPageIndexAction="SetPageIndexToFirst" Dir="LTR" Frame="Border" TableLayout="Fixed" 
                        ItemStyle-CssClass="GridLowestLevelAltRow_ObjectNext" AlternatingItemStyle-CssClass="GridLowestLevelRow_ObjectNext"  style="height:auto">  
                        <RowIndicatorColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter"   
                            FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" Visible="False">  
                            <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                        </RowIndicatorColumn> 
                        <ExpandCollapseColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter"   
                            FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" Resizable="False" Visible="False">  
                            <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                        </ExpandCollapseColumn> 
                        <EditFormSettings> 
                            <EditColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType">  
                            </EditColumn> 
                        </EditFormSettings> 
                        <Columns> 
                            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="clmUploaded" HeaderText="date uploaded" SortExpression="uploaded">  
                                <ItemTemplate> 
                                    <asp:LinkButton ID="lkBtnDownload" runat="server" OnClientClick="downloadlink_click()" OnClick="DownloadLink_Click"><%#Eval("uploaded") %></asp:LinkButton> 
                                </ItemTemplate> 
                            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="clmUserName" HeaderText="attached by" DataField="email"></telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="clmComment" HeaderText="comment" DataField="comments"></telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                            <%--invisible columns--%> 
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="clmName" HeaderText="name" DataField="name" Display="false"></telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="clmLocalFile" HeaderText="local file name" DataField="local_file" Display="false"></telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                        </Columns> 
                    </MasterTableView> 
                      
                </telerik:RadGrid> 
            </div> 
        </asp:Panel> 

Any idea of this issue?

Regards,
Elton
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 May 2008
3 answers
149 views
I am using the popup edit form for inserts and updates. The issue I am experiencing is that in the case of Insert, the popup does not close following the insertion but it does in the case of Edit. Same form. Different result. Is there an extra setting I need somewhere to make this happen?
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
1 answer
115 views

Dear All,

I am implementing a skinning option on my little application using telerik controls for asp.net and now I try to use the same approach with Prometheus after updating the content as described in help, here is it:
Folder Structure
App_themes:
    Outlook
        Dock
            Skins
                Outlook
                      Img (with all images for dock)
                      Dock.Outlook.css
    TelerikGray
        Dock
            Skins
                TelerikGray
                      Img (with all images for dock)
                      Dock.TelerikGray.css (I updated the .css with telerikgray)

Skin File:

<telerik:RadDockLayout Runat="server" 
    EnableEmbeddedSkins="False" 
    SkinID="DockLayout" 
    Skin="Outlook" 
/> 
 

ASPX file:

<telerik:RadDockLayout id="dockManagerToolbar" Runat="server" Skin="DockLayout"/> 

However, when I try to create skin for RadDockLayout, I got that error back from IE7;
"The control type 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadDockLayout' cannot be themed"

ComboBox, Panel Bar is themed using this approach
Can someone help me please, and also comment my skinning approach or structure ....

Thanks and best regards,
Waleed

Waleed Seada
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 May 2008
4 answers
163 views
Dear Telerik,

I am loading user controls from a panel bar using the ajax manager - all is good.

Default.aspx ** (uses masterpage)

<telerik:RadPanelbar runat="server" ID="RPBMenu" Skin="jb" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" CausesValidation="false" Width="217">
<expandanimation type="InOutCubic" Duration="300"></expandanimation> 
</telerik:RadPanelbar>

<asp:Label ID="lblContentTitles" runat="server"></asp:Label>

<asp:Panel id="PHmain" runat="server"></asp:Panel>

 <Telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
        <AjaxSettings>

            <Telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RPBMenu">
                <UpdatedControls>
                <Telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="PHMain"  />
                <Telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="lblContentTitles" LoadingPanelID="LoadingPanel2" />
                </UpdatedControls>  
            </Telerik:AjaxSetting>
                  
        </AjaxSettings>

    </Telerik:RadAjaxManager>

I now notice that this ajaxifies all of the controls within the loaded ascx page (has this changed from the asp.net version?) .

On one ascx page I have a link button that toggles the visibility of an editor. When this link button is clicked the editor shows but the dialogues do not show up properly and cannot be used.
If I just add the editor as visible and do not use the link button then everything works as it should.

I have read everything I can and tried everything to resolve this but am stuck!

Cheers,

Jon

Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
6 answers
237 views
Hi,
not set value in RadNumeric on javascript, please help ?


function SET_FRM_PRD0650_002_36(PARAMETRO)
  {
    window["edIdStatus"].SetValue(PARAMETRO);
    window["edIdStatus"].SetTextBoxValue(PARAMETRO);
  }

and

  function Atualizar()
  {
    window["RadNumericTextBox1"].SetValue("12.50");
  }

and

  function Atualizar()
  {
    window["RadNumericTextBox1"].SetValue("12,50");
  }

the examples above do not function.


Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
1 answer
156 views
I would like to create a Windows MDI-like interface.  When the user clicks an item on the main menu, a new window opens and is added to the collection of open windows below.  Tabs for each new window would be great.

The first problem I'm having is that the RadWindow maximizes behind my menu.  I don't see any way to have the window use the bottom of the menu as the top limit. 

Can a window be embedded in any other control?

I tried with a splitter and pane, but the window still maximized outside the pane.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
3 answers
170 views

Hi,

i've try to use Prometheus Dock Object in a simple aspx page.
I've put on Bin Folder Telerik.Web.Ui.dll and i've create a page like that

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
<html xmlns="
http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head id="Head1" runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<body class="BODY">
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager" runat="server" />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <telerik:RadDockLayout runat="server" ID="RadDockLayout1">
            <telerik:RadDock ID="PostNote" Title="&nbsp;" Width="190px" Top="100px" Left="550px"
                DefaultCommands="All" Pinned="true" DockMode="Floating" runat="server">
                <ContentTemplate>
                    <div class="wrap">
                        <div class="innerWrap">
                            You can use this r.a.d. dock skin to leave cool a l&aacute; 3M post-it draggable
                            and dockable notes for your website's visitors.</div>
                    </div>
                </ContentTemplate>
            </telerik:RadDock>
        </telerik:RadDockLayout>
       
    </form>
</body>
</html>


when i running this page on IE 7.0 or Firefox 2.0 the pin function work correctly but when i try to running this page on IE 6.0 when i click on the pin button after move the RadDock this return on original position.

As anybody help me?

Thanks

Ubong
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
4 answers
313 views
I have a Toolbar with about 7 buttons, half of which need postbacks and the others don't.  I attached an OnClientButtonClicking event with a switch statement to set up the appropriate actions and a ButtonClick event for the server actions.  One of the buttons launches a radprompt but it doesn't wait for the response before it does the postback.  I tried to manually trigger the postback by doing this:
...
case 4:
radprompt('Reasons for Reject:', promptCallBackFn, 330, 100, null,'Reject');
args.set_cancel(true);
Break;
...

function

promptCallBackFn(arg){

<%= Page.GetPostBackEventReference(RadToolBar1) %>}

but it gave me an error saying the input string was not in the correct format.


Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
1 answer
125 views
Hi.
when I set Aggregate="Sum"
properties of grid column it rased an error: Specified cast is not valid
my column type is "Int64". isn't it comptible with data type?
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 May 2008
1 answer
79 views
Scenario : RadWindow dsiplaying RadTabStrip and Multipage.
Latest build April 2008 ASP.net AJAX

Using IE 7 tab change takes under certain conditions depening on processor speed up to ten times longer than in FF2

I think it´s a bug in IE 7 with the style attribute "table-layout:fixed" but it would be nice if you could introduce a workaround...

Adrian



Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?