Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
161 views
Hello,

I am having the following client side error when i try to move my radwindow:

Sys.ArgumentTypeException: Object of type 'String' cannot be converted to type 'Number'.
Parameter name: x

It's getting a weird behavior, im not being able to move any of my radwindows, and when i do mouseDown on any radWindow it's moving to the right side of the page. I only get that exception on some of them.

Any ideia?

Thanks in advance
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
1 answer
119 views
When inserting or updating rows in a RadGrid in-place, is there a way to control the size the automatically generated text boxes?

For example, I can control the size of the filter text boxes in the RadGrid1_ItemCreated method, but I don't know how to do the same for the text boxes when the user edits or inserts data in-line.

Thank You,

David Nowak.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 May 2008
1 answer
212 views
I have a rad menu, that will open a radwindow.  the java script fires properly, the window opens properly, however, when the code behind fires for the click event, the window disappears.

is this by design?  that the client event must not exist with a corresponding server event?

or am i missing something?
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 May 2008
2 answers
101 views
Most DB tables will have more columns and column data than can fit across a single row in a web page.

I would like to be able to hide columns from the grid EXCEPT in the Edit FORM drop-down where I would like them to show up.

Can this be done from a single <Columns> collection or any way using the Column Editor controls in the Edit Form without having to use a EditFormTemplate which doesnt seem to allow the Editor controls... ?
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 May 2008
3 answers
142 views
We are looking into purchasing the Telerik controlset for ASP.NET.  However for this project I need to make sure I can do the following.  I have been able to make it work with a competitor product, but I like Telerik a lot more.

My Scenario:

1.  We have a table where the first row and first column are in essence "headers" and cannot be selected.
2.  When a User selects a cell I need to pull the row and column header to determine which cell they selected.

This entire scenario is based on sizing a product.  The customer wants a grid to have the user select the correct size.  I cannot think of a better way to do this.  If anyone has any ideas how this can be done with the Telerik Grid or some other way please let me know.

Thanks
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 May 2008
2 answers
184 views
Good evening:

We've been using the older version of RadEditor with mixed results.  Many client complain that it's very slow to load, while others report all sorts of cross-browser problems (things like ajax-spell checking crashing or simply bold actions not working).

Has there been a significant improvement in the latest version that warrants the upgrade/renewal price?  Has the load time been improved (the edit state on this page took quite a while to load by broadband standards, so my guess is no)?

Any opinions would be great.

Thanks,

Brad
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 May 2008
1 answer
215 views
I have created a project based on the new file browser shown here:

http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Controls/Examples/Integration/FileBrowser/DefaultVB.aspx


Is it possible using this project to browse through files from an FTP site?

If not, are there better controls I can use that would aid in this?
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 May 2008
1 answer
76 views
Hi
I 'm trying to use radgrid as treelist style grid  (something like MS Project's Task List Grid) and I set up the grid as self-referencing hierarchy model,.To dos so I just only show the mastertable's column header ,but I just can not align the mastertable columns and the sublevel table view columns.

Anyone can give me some hints?
cheng
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 May 2008
2 answers
70 views
I'm using the WebBlue skin on the menu control, but I'd like to have a right and left border that matches the skin.  It currently only has a top and bottom border.  Can this be done with CSS?  If so, can you provide a sample?

Thanks,
Matt
Matthew
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 May 2008
1 answer
228 views

I have a button which is serverside control. asp:Button. In my code in AJAX pannel. when user clicks on that I call a JavaScript method. some validation. If validation is passed i need to submit to server. Like a AJAX call. Not refresh the page.

Please let me know How i can call server side method using AJAX methods. Right now i am using __doPostBack. But this makes page refresh and does not give the AJAX experiance.

Using : ASP.NET 2.0
RAD - RadAjaxPanel

prasanna
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?