Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
143 views
The Editor control works fine if I run it from the debugger in VS2008 but when I run it from wwwroot via Network Service on IIS7 it doesn't work.  Content is blank, you can't edit anything, it is sized wrong, and the buttons don't do anything on the toolbar.

I have modified the GAC as posted elsewhere on the forums and I have also modified the webconfig system.webserver entries for Vista/IIS7 with the addition of the handler.

What else could be missing or causing this?  Outside users also cant use it, only I can when running VS inside my Windows acct.

Cheers in advance,
Rob
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 06 May 2008
3 answers
200 views
Can somebody please provide step-by-step setup or deployment instructions for Windows Server 2008 clean install with Web Server and Application Server Roles already installed?

All of the Telerick documentation is out of date referring to VS2005 and previous versions of IIS...

This would be really appreciated as this is what I bought RadControls ASP.NET AJAX for and it was released after Windows Server 2008 so I would think that this would have been the standard target.

Cheers and Thanks in advance...
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 May 2008
0 answers
133 views
I have a few combo boxes inside the grid with AutoPostback="true" as I need to do some handling on the selectedIndexChanged event.

I have around 5 datepickers with a shared calendar on the page.
The autopostback causes the datepickers to flicker. There is a page flash and the datepickers seem to load again.
How can i avoid that?
newbie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 06 May 2008
1 answer
238 views

Dear Telerik,

How can i change the font color of the rad date picker, when the date input is disabled to be Black not gray?

i have tried this way but it doesn't work

dtDate.DateInput.DisabledStyle.ForeColor = System.Drawing.Color.Aqua;

Thanks in advance

Regards
Basel

 

plamen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 May 2008
2 answers
177 views
I have a combobox inside the FormTemplate of a grid.
I am trying to bind the combobox to the database value as shown in :
http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/prometheus/ComboBox/Examples/Functionality/ComboInGrid/DefaultCS.aspx

I get an error Selection out of range
Parameter:value

I am able to bind the Text property but not the selectedvalue property.
I am using LoadOnDemand for the combo.

Please let me know what I am missing here.
newbie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 May 2008
3 answers
278 views
I have a basic test page, where I am teaching myself how to use the new controls.

I placed a standard button on the page and can active a "popup" RAD window on my page that displays content from another URL.

But now I want to do the same, but trigger this with a button on the RAD toolbar.

I am unclear how to specify one of the toolbar buttons as the OpenerElementID for the window.

Alternatively, perhaps this is not possible, and I need to activate the RAD window by some other means, but I don't even know where to start.
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 06 May 2008
3 answers
143 views
Hello,

Since I migrated my RadGrids to rad for ASP.NET, they are displayed on first Render but as soon as I have an action as nextpage or sort, the grid is not redraw. Handler is called but screen is not redraw.
When I look to generated explorer document, I can see the different rows but it seems that a javascript used to display the grid is not triggered.

I am using  , NeedDataSource normally called when IsPostBack is true, and I remark that it is not called when I try to sort on another column?

All was running in classic rad.

My grids are all in UserControls, the main page uses a MasterPage which contains a RadScriptanager and a RadAjaxManager: should I put Proxies for these 2 objects in the custom controls ?
Should I add a RadAjaxManagerProxy in same ascx as the grid when the grid is the only object to be updated  by itself ?

Thanks for clarification.
CS
Bodevain Svensson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 May 2008
1 answer
188 views
I have what seems to me like a very simple use of a RadGrid inside a combo box, but I haven't found a working example of jus this simple case.  My RadGrid is data bound in the ASPX file to a SQLDataSource.  It displays fine.

However, I need to handle row selection in the grid on the server side so I can take additional action whenever the selection changes but my OnSelectedIndexChanged event never seems to fire for the RadGrid.

Here is my markup:

<radc:RadComboBox id="VisitList" Width="600px" runat="server" >
    <ItemTemplate>
        <radg:RadGrid id="VisitsGrid" Width="100%" runat="server" EnableAJAX="true" 
                    EnableOutsideScripts="true" UseEmbeddedScripts="False"
                    AllowSorting="False" AutoGenerateColumns="True"
                    AllowPaging="false"
                    EnableViewState="True" ShowGroupPanel="False"
                    GridLines="Horizontal" Skin="Valco"
                    CellPadding="1" 
                    OnSelectedIndexChanged="VisitsGrid_RowChanged"
                    radControlsDir="./Resources/RadControls/" >
            <MasterTableView AutoGenerateColumns="True" 
                DataSourceID="SqlDataSourceVisits" DataKeyNames="AccountID"
                
Width="100%">
            </MasterTableView>
            <ClientSettings EnableClientKeyValues="true" >
                <Selecting AllowRowSelect="true" />
                <Scrolling AllowScroll="true" UseStaticHeaders="true" ScrollHeight="60px" />
            </ClientSettings>
        </radg:RadGrid>
    </ItemTemplate>
    <Items>
        <radc:RadComboBoxItem ID="VisitsListItem" runat="server" Text=" ">
        </
radc:RadComboBoxItem>
    </Items>
</radc:RadComboBox>

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ed Hinton

Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 06 May 2008
1 answer
169 views
Is there a way to show a loading panel when exporting grid data to excel?  I know I cannot ajaxify the grid, export does not work, but I would like to show a loading panel during export because it can take up to 1 minute for my grid to export large amounts of data.

Thanks,
Jim
Bodevain Svensson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 May 2008
4 answers
338 views
This is my first try at using the RadGrid so I'm probably way off.  Troubleshooting declarative code is so difficult.  I'm creating an Add to Cart page with a grid that displays products and has unbound fields that the user can enter quantity and request date and a button to add the item to the shopping cart.  There are a lot of dependencies (MasterPages, WebControls, complex objects that are being bound, etc.) that prohibit me from easily duplicating the problem outside of the project.  The grid is running inside of an ascx and renders properly when not posting back.

I've tried with both the GridButtonColumn and a GridTemplateColumn.  With the GridTemplate column I can get the Add2Cart_ItemCommand to fire but the grid does not show itself again when told to DataBind or Rebind.

    protected void Add2Cart_ItemCommand(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
// Add it to the cart
// ...
ProductListGrid.Rebind();
// or
ProductListGrid.DataBind();
// neither shows the grid again
}

protected void ProductListGrid_ItemCreated(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Item is GridDataItem)
{
GridDataItem item = (GridDataItem) e.Item;
Button btn = (Button) item["Add2Cart"].FindControl("Add2CartButton");
btn.CommandArgument = e.Item.ItemIndex.ToString();
btn.Click += new EventHandler(Add2Cart_ItemCommand);
}
}

protected void ProductListGrid_ItemCommand(object source, GridCommandEventArgs e)
{
// This never fires
}
</script>

<telerik:RadGrid ID="ProductListGrid" runat="server" AllowSorting="True"
GridLines="None" Width="800px" OnItemCommand="ProductListGrid_ItemCommand" onitemcreated="ProductListGrid_ItemCreated"
EnableViewState="false" >
<MasterTableView AutoGenerateColumns="false">
<NoRecordsTemplate>
There are no available products in this category.
</NoRecordsTemplate>
<RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False">
<HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
</RowIndicatorColumn>

<ExpandCollapseColumn Visible="False" Resizable="False">
<HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
</ExpandCollapseColumn>
<Columns>
<telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="ID" DataField='ID' Visible="false"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Qty">
<ItemTemplate>
<telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="Qty" Runat="server" MinValue="0"
ShowSpinButtons="True" Width="65px">
<NumberFormat AllowRounding="True" DecimalDigits="0" GroupSeparator="" />
</telerik:RadNumericTextBox>
</ItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText=""><%-- Unit of measure --%>
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Label ID="UnitOfMeasureLabel" runat="server" Text='<%# GetMetaField("UofM", (Item)Container.DataItem) %>' />
</ItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Part Number">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:HyperLink ID="ProductHyperLink" runat="server" NavigateUrl='<%# ClientHelper.FormatUrl("product", GetMetaField("ProductId", (Item)Container.DataItem), DataBinder.Eval(Category, "SiteNodeId"), GetMetaField("Name", (Item)Container.DataItem)) %>'><h3><%# GetMetaField("Name", (Item)Container.DataItem)%></h3></asp:HyperLink>
</ItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>


<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Description">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Label ID="DescriptionLabel" runat="server" Text='<%# GetMetaField("Description", (Item)Container.DataItem) %>' />
</ItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Code" Visible="false">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Label ID="CodeLabel" runat="server" Text='<%# GetMetaField("Code", (Item)Container.DataItem) %>' />
</ItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Product Id" Visible="false">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Label ID="ProductIdLabel" runat="server" Text='<%# GetMetaField("ProductId", (Item)Container.DataItem) %>' />
</ItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Availability" Visible="false">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Label ID="AvailabilityLabel" runat="server" Text='<%# GetMetaField("Availability", (Item)Container.DataItem) %>' />
</ItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Request Date">
<ItemTemplate>
<telerik:RadDatePicker ID="RequestDatePicker" Runat="server" Width="80px">
<DateInput runat="server" InvalidStyleDuration="100" MinDate="<%#DateTime.Now %>">
</DateInput>
</telerik:RadDatePicker>
</ItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Retail Price">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Label ID="ListPriceLabel" runat="server" Text='<%# ((Item) Container.DataItem).Offers.Offer[0].OfferListing[0].Price.FormattedPrice %>' />
</ItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Your Price">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Label ID="YourPriceLabel" runat="server" />
</ItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
<%-- This isn't causing it to fire either

telerik:GridButtonColumn ButtonType="PushButton"
UniqueName="Add2Cart"
CommandName="Add2Cart"
Text="Add to Cart">
</telerik:GridButtonColumn --%>
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="Add2Cart">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Button CommandName="Add2Cart" Text="Add to Cart" ID="Add2CartButton" runat="server" />
</ItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
</Columns>

<EditFormSettings>
<PopUpSettings ScrollBars="None"></PopUpSettings>
</EditFormSettings>
</MasterTableView>
</telerik:RadGrid>
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 06 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?