Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
100 views
Hi,

Recenty I've been making the switch from using the SolPart Menu to the Telerik's Rad Menu.  I have one issue as far as styling my menu goes, that's just giving me a headache.

With SolPart Menu, I could set a RootMenuItemActiveCSS class.  This would allow me to have the menu item of the page you were currently on display somewhat differently.  Usually this would just be a replication of the hover over effect.  I simply cannot figure out how to duplicate this functionality with RadMenu.

I've been playing with the "Outlook" skin.  Could somebody give me an example of the code that will cause the hover-over effect remain static when you are on a certain page.  (If you are viewing the Home Page, then the Home Page tab in the menu should display the hover-over effect, whether or not the mouse is actually hovering over it.)

Thanks
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 06 May 2008
1 answer
115 views

How can one set the vertical alignment of the radpanelitem image?
Seems to always display at the top while the text is in the middle 
(at least in most skins I've tried)

Thanks in advance
Mac
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 06 May 2008
11 answers
368 views
All, I am trying to upgrade my Prometheus build to the Q1 2008 ASP.NET Ajax controls.  In doing this, I need to customize the RadGrid.  Normally, I make a copy of the Vista skin, and modify it as needed.  However, with this new Q1 2008 version, not all the components of the skin seem to be present. 

For example, the latest Prometheus version had images in it's skin directory for: pagerBg.gif

The new ASP.NET Ajax version has no such gif file.

Any ideas?
Sean Eby
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 May 2008
1 answer
250 views
Hi,

We have some .Net applications which are using Radcombo box, Radgrid, RadTabstrip ....etc.
Now we are converting our Lotus Notes to Outlook/Exchange in our office for the emails. So does this Rad controls effect on this conversion while sending emails from the .Net applications?
Please Let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Sandhya
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 06 May 2008
1 answer
199 views
I'm trying to dynamically change a webmethod when a user clicks a radio button.  The event fires as it should and changes the property however, the webservice remains the same?  Is this even possible?  I've tried two methods:

if

(rbIPSearch.Checked)

{

cbofilter.Attributes[

"Method"] = "IPAddressLookup";

}

else

{

cbofilter.Attributes[

"Method"] = "FullOULookup";

}

AND


if

(rbIPSearch.Checked)

{

cbofilter.WebServiceSettings.Method =

"IPAddressLookup";

}

else

 

{

cbofilter.WebServiceSettings.Method =

"FullOULookup";

}

Neither seem to work?

Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 06 May 2008
5 answers
457 views
I have a Page which has tied to a master page. In one of the content areas on the Page, I have a User Control which contains a Prometheus Tooltip control. With the lastest version (2007.2.1107) I'm now getting "Telerik is not defined" javascript errors. Firebug shows the following line at the culprit:

Sys.Application.add_init(function() {
827 $create(Telerik.Web.UI.RadToolTip, {"clientStateFieldID":"ctl00_contentHeader_ContractSummaryHeader1_SignatorTooltip_ClientState","formID":"aspnetForm","position":31,"relativeTo":1,"skin":"Web20","sticky":true,"targetControlID":"ctl00_contentHeader_ContractSummaryHeader1_ContractSignatorButton"}, null, null, $get("ctl00_contentHeader_ContractSummaryHeader1_SignatorTooltip"));
828});

I have the Ajax Extensions installed along with the Ajax Control Toolkit as well as standard ASP.NET RadControls.
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 06 May 2008
2 answers
212 views
  Where can I find a sample about this feature ("Public Holidays -- RadCalendar now supports Repeatable Holidays that allow you to define holiday events repeated each year." ) ?

Regards
Yamil
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 May 2008
9 answers
339 views
I'm running into an issue that rears itself only on IE (IE7 in this case). I have a bunch of RadDatePicker controls in a standard table with a Skin file setting their Skin to Web20. On FF2.0 it looks fine. There is space between the DatePicker's textbox and the popup button. However, on IE7, there is no space. Whatever border or space that should be there is collapsed and the popup image butts up next to to the DatePicker's textbox.
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 May 2008
2 answers
252 views
I am a new user.  I tried to follow the documentation. But...

This user control compiles with 
Compiler Error Message: CS0123: No overload for 'Ybasis_ButtonClick' matches delegate 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadToolBarEventHandler'

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Report_Graph_ViewControl.ascx.cs" Inherits="BalancedFlow.WebSite3._5.Controls.Reports.Report_Graph_ViewControl" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="ChartFX.WebForms" Namespace="ChartFX.WebForms" TagPrefix="chartfx7" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="rad" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Register assembly="ChartFX.WebForms.Adornments" namespace="ChartFX.WebForms.Adornments" tagprefix="chartfxadornments" %>
<%@ Register assembly="ChartFX.WebForms" namespace="ChartFX.WebForms.Galleries" tagprefix="chartfx7galleries" %>

  
*** etc. ***

           <rad:RadToolBar Width="470px" Height="34px" Font-Size="Smaller" runat="server" ID="Ybasis"
            Skin="Outlook" UseFadeEffect="True" OnButtonClick="Ybasis_ButtonClick">
            <CollapseAnimation Duration="200" Type="OutQuint" />
            <Items>
             <rad:RadToolBarButton>
              <ItemTemplate>
               <asp:Label ID="lblUnits" runat="server" EnableViewState="false"
                Font-Bold="true" Font-Size="Smaller" Font-Underline="true" Text=" Units: "
                Width="47px"></asp:Label>
              </ItemTemplate>
             </rad:RadToolBarButton>
             <rad:RadToolBarButton AccessKey="l" Checked="True" CheckOnClick="True"
              CommandName="DOS" Group="YBasis" Text="DOS" ToolTip="DOS (Alt+L)" />
             <rad:RadToolBarButton AccessKey="c" CheckOnClick="True" CommandName="Qty"
              Group="YBasis" Text="Qty" ToolTip="Qty (Alt+C)" />
             <rad:RadToolBarButton AccessKey="r" CheckOnClick="True" CommandName="Cost"
              Group="YBasis" Text="Cost" ToolTip="Cost (Alt+R)" />
             <rad:RadToolBarButton IsSeparator="true">
             </rad:RadToolBarButton>
             <rad:RadToolBarButton IsSeparator="true">
             </rad:RadToolBarButton>
             <rad:RadToolBarButton CommandName="b1" Enabled="false" Text=" " Width="5px" />
             <rad:RadToolBarButton >
              <ItemTemplate>
               <asp:CheckBox ID="chkCutoff" runat="server" Font-Size="Smaller" Width="12px" />
              </ItemTemplate>
             </rad:RadToolBarButton>
             <rad:RadToolBarButton CommandName="Cutoff: " Font-Bold="true"
              Font-Size="Smaller" Font-Underline="true" Text="Cutoff: " Width="45px" />
             <rad:RadToolBarButton CommandName=" " Enabled="false" Width="5px" />
             <rad:RadToolBarButton CommandName="minus" ImageUrl="~\Images\minus.gif"
              ToolTip="minus" />
             <rad:RadToolBarButton >
              <ItemTemplate>
               <rad:RadNumericTextBox ID="txtCutoffLow" runat="server" ButtonsPosition="Right"
                MaxLength="9" MaxValue="99999" MinValue="0" NumberFormat-DecimalDigits="0"
                ShowSpinButtons="false" Skin="Default" Type="Number" Width="50">
               </rad:RadNumericTextBox>
              </ItemTemplate>
             </rad:RadToolBarButton>
             <rad:RadToolBarButton CommandName="  " Enabled="false" ToolTip=" "
              Width="5px" />
             <rad:RadToolBarButton CommandName="plus" ImageUrl="~\Images\plus.gif"
              ToolTip="plus" />
             <rad:RadToolBarButton >
              <ItemTemplate>
               <rad:RadNumericTextBox ID="txtCutoffHigh" runat="server"
                ButtonsPosition="Right" MaxLength="9" MaxValue="99999" MinValue="0"
                ShowSpinButtons="false" Skin="Default" Type="Number" Width="50">
               </rad:RadNumericTextBox>
              </ItemTemplate>
             </rad:RadToolBarButton>
            </Items>
           </rad:RadToolBar>

 

        protected void Ybasis_ButtonClick(object sender, RadToolBarButtonEventArgs e)
        {
 
        }

John Davis
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 06 May 2008
1 answer
118 views

What is the best way to clip radpanelitem text which is too wide for the RadPanelBar? Is it even possible?

Ideal would be something along the lines of ellipsis i.e.

My First Panel Item
My Second Long I...
My Third Item
My Fourth Longer ...

Thanks in advance
Mac
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 06 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?