Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
152 views
Hi,

Currently I have a RAD grid binding its detail tables perfectly, but what I now require is the ability to dynamically add detail table's to specific rows in the table at the same hierachical level as the existing table. The way I have implemented thus far is use a button on each grid row that fires a javascript event which in theory should add another detail table to the row and bind it based on the same format of information in the existing detail table.

It seems that the RAD grid does not support the addition of detail tables on a per row basis, is this correct?

Kind regards,

Dave
Nikita Gourme
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 May 2008
5 answers
291 views
Hi,
I'm using the RadGrid from prometheus Q3 2007. What I want to do is to add a row in the header of the grid to group the colomuns. Exemple:

<table>
<tr>
    <td colspan="2">group1</td>
    <td colspan="2">group2</td>
</tr>
... Followed by the standart header, assuming that my grid has 4 columns...

I'm creating my grid programmatically and adding it to a placeholder like the exemple showed here in the section "Creating ItemTemplate/EditItemTemplate of GridTemplateColumn programmatically".

I' using visual studio 2008, framework 3.5.

Thanks,

Pascal.
Nikita Gourme
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 May 2008
1 answer
198 views
Hi.
I useing Telerik.Web.UI
is it posible to set grid width and height when grid created on client. I have a javascript function that let me window size, I want set grid sizes with this.
Nikita Gourme
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 May 2008
3 answers
225 views
Hello,

My problem is that i need to refresh my data soure for one drop down column based on the selected value from another drop down column. The datasource for both of these columns uses store procedures to fill the drop down list.  How do i pass the value from the selected value from one column and use that as a parametre for the next column.

thanks for any help
Nikita Gourme
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 May 2008
1 answer
131 views
Hello,

I have a RadGrid with varius columns in it and have got the filter row at the top. When I try to filter on one of my drop down menus it filters on the value field which is just an id, what I want it to do is filter on the text field instead.

Thanks for any help
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 06 May 2008
1 answer
108 views
Hi Team
can i execute a code when user clicks on close i tryied to set my code under the following event but its not work since i add this in my HTML

<Commands>

<cc1:RadDockableObjectCommand Enabled="true" Name="Close" ToolTip="Expand" />

</Commands>



protected

void rdObject_Command(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

if (rdObject.Closed)

{

my code

}

}


Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 06 May 2008
1 answer
132 views
Hi,

this may be a simple question, but cannot find it.  I have added the edit template to the grid, it current works by bringing up the edit secton underneath the record your editing.  It there a way to :

1. Make the edit template appear at the very bottom of the grid.
2. Keep the edit template visible but disabled until it is needed (I want to try and make the screen self explanitory and with it appearing and disappearing with clicking on the edit button it can be a little confusing to non IT literate people)

Thanks in advance.

JK
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 06 May 2008
2 answers
126 views
Hello,

I have a grid that has AllowFilteringByColumn  set to true. At the same time EnableColumnsViewState is set to false (grid is created dynamically). As a result multi-column filtering does not work. How can I work around this issue?
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 May 2008
3 answers
142 views
Hello,

I am creating grid dynamically (statically defined grid with dynamically created structure). And I have a question: is there any difference in having grid statically predefined in .aspx page and creating it in code-behind? I am asking, because I experience a problem with multi-column filtering with statically predefined grid. Has anybody had such problem?
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 May 2008
1 answer
144 views
I have tree view which will load child nodes on demand. iam using the server side expansion.After node expand,iam not able to select the node(Tree Structure is also not coming, its coming like only text).
Before node Expand:
  

RadTreeNode nodeclicked = e.NodeClicked;

AddChildNodes(nodeclicked);

}

private void AddChildNodes(RadTreeNode node)

{

string[] str2 =node.Value.ToString().Split('-');

if (str2[1] == "CIRCLE")

{

svt_Circle objCircle = new svt_Circle();

DataTable dtblCirInfo = objCircle.GetCircleDetails();

DataView dvSubCir = new DataView(dtblCirInfo);

dvSubCir.RowFilter =

"ParentCircleId='" + str2[0].ToString() + "'";

foreach (DataRowView row in dvSubCir)

{

RadTreeNode node1 = new RadTreeNode();

node1.Text = (

string)row["CIRCLENAME"];

node1.Value = row[

"CircleID"].ToString();

node1.Value +=

"-" + svt_Utils.Levels.SUBCIRCLE.ToString();

node1.ToolTip =

"SUB-CIRCLE";

node1.Category =

"Sub Circles";

node1.CssClass =

"TreeNodeGreen";

node1.CssClassOver =

"TreeNodeHover";

node1.ExpandMode =

ExpandMode.ServerSide;

node.Nodes.Add(node1);

}

node.Expanded =

true;

 }

}

Please help,Thanks in advance.




   
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 06 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?