Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
273 views
Ive been using a radeditor inside a GridTemplateColumn using a EditItemTemplate so I can have full access to all the tools.   This was working fine then all of a sudden The editor inst showing the content of the database and the buttons and edit area do nothing.  there seems to be no events happening for the editor.  the other text columns in the editor work fine and I can update the values fine.  Im using all automatic operations with a linq datasource.

Any thoughts on how to debug this.  I cant figure out what I changed to make it stop working.  If I toss a radeditor on a single page it works fine so the installation seems to be ok.

Thanks
    -Keith

                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Main Content" SortExpression="mainContent" 
                    UniqueName="mainContent" Display="false" ForceExtractValue="None"> 
                    <EditItemTemplate> 
                        <telerik:RadEditor ID="RE1" runat="server" Content='<%# Bind("mainContent") %>' ToolsFile="~/SI-Admin/Editors/ToolsFile.xml" 
                            Height="600" Width="600px" Skin="Telerik"> 
                        </telerik:RadEditor> 
                    </EditItemTemplate> 
            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 

SonicImaging
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 May 2008
8 answers
343 views
I have RadGrid with FormTemplate, InsertButton (CommandName = "PerformInsert") in  FormTemplate and ObjectDataSource.

When I try to insert record I get exception "ObjectDataSource 'odsUsers' has no values to insert. Check that the 'values' dictionary contains values.".
Why?

Update works, but insert works only with AutoGenerated form.
Josh Winkler
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 May 2008
3 answers
168 views
Hi!
How can I ajaxify controls inside of a (autogenerated) edit form?
I have a template column with two textboxes and one image button in edit item template, and on a press of that button should only GridDropDownColumn (or dropdownlist when in edit mode) be updated. How to do that?
Thanks, Ana
Prangadj
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 May 2008
1 answer
82 views

when i am using RadEditor1.Content,i am facing following problem

Telerik.WebControls.RadEditor doesnot contain defination for 'contain'

 

Prangadj
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 May 2008
3 answers
162 views

I am using RadMenu on the Master Page and have ASP.NET Theme applied to the content pages. My issue is related to the <html> tag, if I use the tag <html runat=”server”> I get the error “The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks (i.e. <% ... %>). I searched for it and fonund that removing runat=”server” will solve the problem, but when I remove this I get an error “Using themed css files requires a header control on the page. (e.g. <head runat="server" />).”  So themes cannot be used without runat=”server”. I am not using any script tag that uses <% … %>.

 Following is the head tag of master page:

           

<head runat="server">

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

<title>Impact Wrestling</title>

<link href="App_Themes/IWTheme_New/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

</head>

The RadMenu has just text and NavigateUrl fields.

Please suggest a way so I can use both Themes and RadMenu?

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
2 answers
110 views
Being an ex Infragistics customer I must say that I am very happy to have switched camp and joined Telerik. However I do miss IG's styling application for ASP.NET. It allowed me to create my own skins quite easily and share it amongst the community. With Telerik I have to manually go through the css files and attempt to change it there. Is there any chance that you guys will release a viusal tool to help customise the styles of your ASP.NET controls?
Michael Josiah
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 May 2008
1 answer
108 views

I've been trying to properly test the LoadingStatusTemplate option for the Menu control, but have been unsuccessful.  I have barely been able to see the loading item pop up for the example provided for the control, and in my own menu because they both seem to load too fast.  I am currently using the exact example in my menu control:

<LoadingStatusTemplate> 
     ...  
</LoadingStatusTemplate> 

How might I adjust the delay time to that I'd be able to effectively test this option? Just curious about this feature.  Thanks!
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
7 answers
218 views
This link doesn't work:
http://www.telerik.com/community/aspnet/code-library/Scheduler/


And it's not in the list here:
http://www.telerik.com/community/code-library/default.aspx

Where can I download the demos - I need to look at the customized advanced forms demo.

Thank you.
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
6 answers
152 views
Hello,

I have the following issue: there is a grid with command item template which contains a link InitInsert command name. Clicking this link shows add new row item. When I specify data for item to insert and and trigger PerformInsert command, this row is not hidden. What may be the cause of such behavior and how can I fix it?
QualiWareUA
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 May 2008
3 answers
142 views
Is it faster to populate a RadMenu from an XML file or programmatically? 
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?