Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
125 views
Suppose the user is on page 3 of a RadGrid and column 1 shows these values: B, A, C.  The user sorts on column 1.

This is what actually happens:
The whole grid is sorted, and the user ends up on page 3 of the sorted grid.  This page probably shows different records compared to what they were just looking at.  during usability testing my users were surprised and confused by this behavior; they didn't know what was going on.

This is what my users want to happen instead:
They want the records on the current page to be sorted. For example if they are on page 3 viewing records B, A, and C, they want to sort on column 1 and see A, B, C.  If they sort on column 1 again they want to see C, B, A.

So ... is it possible to do what my users want?  I realize it's not the built-in behavior, and I do understand the logic behind the built-in behavior, but is it possible for me to customize the RadGrid to make it do what my users expect?
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
8 answers
748 views
I have a radgrid in my ASPX page. Depending on what the user asks for add add columns to this grid dynamically.

One of the columns is a GridTemplateColumn. I add an image to this column.

It all loads properly on the first grid bind, however if I click the view next page feature on the rad grid this column disappears.

Has anyone had experience with this?

Thanks,
Jordan Parfitt
Jordan Parfitt
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 May 2008
1 answer
111 views
How do I get the client ID of the element the menu was right clicked on inside of the OnClientItemClicked event handler?

sender.EventSource doesn't work and DomElement gives me back the object of the menu itself. I need the dom object of the item that was directly under the mouse when the user right clicks to show the pop-up menu.

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
1 answer
134 views
I have a treeview with multiple root nodes and levels that go about 7 deep.  Some of these nodes only have 1 child node for many levels of the tree.. for example:

Root
   child 1
      grandchild 1
         greatgrandchild1
         greatgrandchild2
         greatgrandchild3
   child 2
      grandchild1
         greatgrandchild1
         greatgrandchild2
         greatgrandchild3
      grandchild2
      grandchild3

The users of my tree have complained that they have to click three times to get access to the "greatgrandchild" nodes: once on "Root", once on "child", and once on "grandchild".

What i want to do is have all child nodes of the selected node automatically expand if they only have 1 child.  In the above example, if a user clicks on "child 1", then "grandchild1" automatically expands to show the greatgrandchildren.  That reduces the number of clicks it take to get to the deepest node.

However, if a user clicks on the "child 2" then the "grandchild" nodes do not expand automatically because there is more than 1 child.

Is there a way I can do this client side?

Thanks!
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
1 answer
230 views

Hi everyone

I have a custom confirm window (Radwindowmanager having confirm template) . This window is opened on click of a link button in the radgrid. This window has 3 link buttons.On click of these link buttons, I need a server side event to fire as i need to update my database.

Kindly tell me what to do regarding this.

<telerik:radwindowmanager visibleonpageload="false" visible="True" id="RadWindowManager1"

runat="server">

<confirmtemplate>

<b>Click on Approve/reject button to do the action</b>

<div class="buttonwrapper">

<asp:linkbutton id="btnApprove" runat="server" cssclass="squarebutton" onclientclick="alert('abc');" >

<span>Approve</span>

</asp:linkbutton>

&nbsp;&nbsp;

<asp:linkbutton id="btnReject" runat="server" cssclass="squarebutton">

<span>Reject</span>

</asp:linkbutton>

&nbsp;&nbsp;

<asp:linkbutton id="btnCancel" runat="server" cssclass="squarebutton">

<span>Cancel</span>

</asp:linkbutton>

</div>

</confirmtemplate>

</telerik:radwindowmanager>

<telerik:radgrid id="RadGrid1" runat="server" allowpaging="true" pagesize="10" autogeneratecolumns="False" datasourceid="SqlDataSource1"

gridlines="None"><clientsettings allowcolumnsreorder="True" reordercolumnsonclient="True">

<selecting allowrowselect="True" />

</clientsettings>

<mastertableview datasourceid="SqlDataSource1" commanditemdisplay="Top" editmode="PopUp" datakeynames="OrderID">

<commanditemtemplate>

<div style="padding: 10px 0px;">

<asp:linkbutton runat="server" commandname="Approve" text="Approve" cssclass="MyImageButton" onclientclick="return OpenApprovePopup();"></asp:linkbutton>

</commanditemtemplate>

<columns>

<telerik:gridboundcolumn datafield="ShippedDate" datatype="System.DateTime" headertext="ShippedDate"

sortexpression="ShippedDate" uniquename="ShippedDate">

</telerik:gridboundcolumn>

<telerik:gridboundcolumn datafield="OrderID" datatype="System.Int32" headertext="OrderID"

readonly="True" sortexpression="OrderID" uniquename="OrderID">

</telerik:gridboundcolumn>

<telerik:gridboundcolumn datafield="Subtotal" datatype="System.Decimal" headertext="Subtotal"

sortexpression="Subtotal" uniquename="Subtotal">

</telerik:gridboundcolumn>

</columns>

<editformsettings editformtype="Template">

<PopUpSettings Width="60%" scrollbars="None" />

<formtemplate>

<table cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="100%">

<tr width="100%">

<td colspan="4" width="100%">

&nbsp;

</td>

</tr>

<tr class="DataRowColor" width="100%">

<td width="15%" valign="middle">

ShippedDate

</td>

<td align="left" width="25%" valign="middle">

<%--<telerik:radtextbox id="txtUserGroupName" maxlength="12" runat="server" text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.ShippedDate") %>'></telerik:radtextbox>--%>

<telerik:raddateinput runat="server" culture="(Default)" DbSelectedDate='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.ShippedDate") %>' dateformat="MMMM/dd/yyyy" displaydateformat="ddd, dd MMM yyyy HH':'mm':'ss 'GMT'" ></telerik:raddateinput>

</td>

<td width="15%" valign="middle">

OrderID </td>

<td align="left" width="25%" valign="middle">

<%--<telerik:radtextbox id="Radtextbox5" maxlength="12" runat="server" text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.OrderID") %>'></telerik:radtextbox>--%>

<telerik:radnumerictextbox id="RadNumericTextBox3" runat="server" DbValue='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.OrderID") %>' type="Number"

width="125px">

</telerik:radnumerictextbox>

</td>

<td>Total</td>

<td>

<%--<telerik:radtextbox id="Radtextbox6" maxlength="12" runat="server" text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.Subtotal") %>'></telerik:radtextbox>--%>

<telerik:radnumerictextbox id="RadNumericTextBox2" runat="server" DbValue='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.Subtotal") %>' type="Currency" culture="Hindi (India)"

width="125px">

</telerik:radnumerictextbox>

</td>

</tr>

<tr width="100%">

<td colspan="4" width="100%">&nbsp;</td>

</tr>

<tr class="DataRowColor" width="100%">

</tr>

</table>

 

</formtemplate>

</editformsettings>

<expandcollapsecolumn resizable="False" visible="False">

<headerstyle width="20px" />

</expandcollapsecolumn>

<rowindicatorcolumn visible="False">

<headerstyle width="20px" />

</rowindicatorcolumn>

</mastertableview>

</telerik:radgrid><asp:sqldatasource id="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" connectionstring="<%$ ConnectionStrings:NorthwindConnectionString2 %>"

selectcommand="SELECT [ShippedDate], [OrderID], [Subtotal] FROM [Summary of Sales by Year]">

</asp:sqldatasource>

 

Thanks & Regards
Paromita Datta

3i-Infotech Ltd
www.3i-infotech.com
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
5 answers
396 views
I have a page with a Tabstrip.
One of my tab pages has around 7 combo boxes with large data (around 50 rows)
It takes a long time for the page to load.
I have tried various options like disabling ViewState on combo boxes but that does not help.
If I switch the combo boxes to ASP.NET Dropdownlists the page renders fast.

Is there a way to increase the performance with the radComboBoxes?
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
6 answers
163 views
Hi Telerik:

The new version is gorgeous , everything is inside of the dll but there is a problem with the skins.

I Have customized "Web20" using  Q3 2007. So i have a folder on the root of my application with the all the templates and files of this Skin and this folder has the same structure that Radcontrol , as following :

Project. 
     App_Data
     Bin
     Default1.aspx
     Default2.aspx
     RadControl
          Ajax
               script
               skins
          Calendar
               script
               skins
          Combobox
               script
               skins

And now  I don't know how to use the same structure ( I mean the same folder )  with Q1 2008. Because I have changed colours and  fonts in the css, and now i want to use my folder, but the solution it's a NIGHTMARE or i don't understand the solution.

Can you give a example  about how to overwrite the skin  ? I am pretty sure I am not the only one and the information isn't very clear.

Thank you very much .Pepito
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
3 answers
162 views
Hello!

I use follwing style to change text and backcolor of the radcombbox if disabled:
.RadComboBox_Outlook .rcbDisabled .rcbInputCell     
{  
    height: 12px !important;     
    line-height: 11px !important;   
    font:11px verdana,tahoma,helvetica !important;   
    color: Black !important;  
    padding: 0 !important;   
    background-color: red !important;   
}  
 

The backcolor will be shown correctly but the textcolor is gray and not black as defined. Why?
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
2 answers
122 views
Hi, All:

I just installed the RadControls Q1-2008 ajax. I upgraded to use the new Ajax RadControls.  I had used <rad:RadScriptManager ...>, but I can not find the equivalent of <asp:UpdatePanel>

Can you please give some code examples on new ajax RadControls and the equivalent of <asp:UpdatePanel>.

thanks.

Stanley
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
1 answer
131 views
Hi to all.
when I use a radtree in  usercontrol that must loaded in grid edit mode, then when in grid update command I try to read checked nodes, they are null.
is there any one familier with this?
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?