Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
124 views
Hi,

I have two tables in my database (MEETINGS and LOCATIONS) MEETINGS table has a column LOCATION_ID which is an integer. Each LOCATION_ID has a string corresspondence which is stored in the LOCATIONS table.

I bound the MEETINGS table to the RadGrid but the values in the Location column is displayed as integer. I need the display the string correspondence of that integer. What is the best way to achieve this?

Here is an example

MEETINGS
Subject     Start Date      End Date     Location
   x 1                 y1              z 1                 1
   x 2                 y2              z 2                 2

LOCATIONS
Location_ID  Location
    1                     loc1
    2                     loc2
  
Thanks,
Sinan UYSAL
sinanuysal@gmail.com
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 May 2008
1 answer
220 views
Hi,
I have a grid control containing checkbox in each group header .I want that  whenever i click on Button (located on page not inside the grid) i can get all selected checkboxes in the groupheader of datagrid and also i want to get  the value of any column  located in selected group .

Thanks
Bodevain Svensson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 May 2008
2 answers
199 views
Dear Telerik,
How can i know the sort expression the grid is sorted in it.


i need the grid to return the sort expression the grid is sorted in it...


Thanks in advance...

Basel
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 May 2008
1 answer
55 views
Hi all, 

    In asp menues, there is staticDisplaylevel, what's the equvalent propert in ajax menu.

Thx in advanced
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 May 2008
1 answer
169 views
I'm using both asp.net and asp.net AJAX controls.  Will the skin setting conflict?

AV

I can't reply to your message, so I'm editing this one.

I know how the skins work in the ASP.Net AJAX version.  However,  I'm using both the AJAX version and an older version.  The skins are used differently.  I noticed that when I want the ASP.NET AJAX skin used globally for all the new controls, I put "<add key="Telerik.Skin" value="JMW" />" in the web config.  This tends to mess up the older versions of ASP.NET.

So,  is there a known issue with using skins when using using both the AJAX control and the older version at the same time?
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 May 2008
5 answers
227 views
The documentation says to use the GetText() function to get the text, once you've got the Combo object.

So I used this:
function GetComboText(id)             {           /* Get a reference to the Combo   */  
//onclick="window.radopen('Companies.aspx?Popup=1&amp;Name=' + GetComboText(ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_fvJobEdit_cmbLocation), 'rwCompanyEdit'); return false;" 

    var comboBox = document.getElementById(id);  
    alert("combo id=" + comboBox.id);  
    try {  
        var T = comboBox.GetText();  
        }  
    catch(err)  {  
        alert(err);  
        }  
 
 

But the Catch block activates, with the message:
    "TypeError: comboBox.GetText is not a function"

(You will see that I *did* call GetText() with brackets, avoiding that simple error!)

However, if I use this code:
function GetComboText(id)             {           /* Get a reference to the Combo   */  
//onclick="window.radopen('Companies.aspx?Popup=1&amp;Name=' + GetComboText(ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_fvJobEdit_cmbLocation), 'rwCompanyEdit'); return false;" 
 
    var inputID = id + "_Input"  
    try {  
    var comboBoxInput = document.getElementById(inputID);  
    alert("comboBoxInput=" + comboBoxInput.value);  
    }  
    catch(err)      {  
        alert("no comboBoxInput");  
        }  
 
 

Then I DO get the right value back!

But this is 'bad form' right?
Shouldn't I be using the proper function for the combo?
So why doesn't it work?

(BTW the combo is used in a callback scenario - does this make a difference?)

tia
Steve













 

Steve Bywaters
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 May 2008
1 answer
110 views
Hi,

whenever a user types in a url it gets automatically converted to a valid hyperlink. I like that. But additionally I want all these <a> tags to have the target-attribute set to "_blank".

Any suggestions?
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 May 2008
1 answer
122 views
I have a master page with a RadPanelbar to be used for navigation purposes. I would like to be able to click an item in the RadPanelbar and load the corresponding aspx content page into the ContentPlaceHolder of the master page without the entire page refreshing. Can this be done with AJAX? If so, how and could someone please provide skeleton code for both the master and content pages?

Thanks in advance

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
1 answer
237 views
Hi
            I have created one RadTabStrip and add RadTab into tabStrip by dynamically. I wan to open RadWindow on perticular tab selecting event ( OnClientTabSelecting="OnSelecting")  I want to develop below functionality on opening RadWindow.
          When opening a RadWindow, on that window one RadioButtonList, One OK button & one Cancel button. On ok button click selected RadioButton value getting on to MainPage ( RadTabStrip  Page)  if  value is correct then  Tab shoulde be change else Tab Should not change.
        Or on Cancel button click tab Shoulde not be change.

Please give your repplyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...........

Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
8 answers
473 views
I'm converting our project to use Prometheus controls, which has been an unpleasant undertaking so far.  I like the new controls once I get them working again, but that has been a real challenge.  My current problem is the RadWindow. 

I have this in my aspx file:

<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="multipleRoomWindowManager" runat="server" Skin="Web20">        
    <Windows> 
        <telerik:RadWindow  
            ID="winMultipleRoom" 
            runat="server"  
            Height="600px" 
            Width="400px" />             
    </Windows>   
</telerik:RadWindowManager> 

and I have this as the javascript function that opens the window:
function openRadWindow(url) 
{ 
    var myWindow = radopen(url, "winMultipleRoom"); 
} 

Calling radopen seems to create a new window instead of opening the one I set the settings for.  I don't want to set all my settings from javascript, and I also need that url to be dynamically set.

In messing with it, it seems to have the same behavior as if I never declared any of the aspx code.  There has got to be a better way of doing this.
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?