Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
243 views
Hi,
I am using your splitter control..
In the top pane, i have a radgrid
In the bottom pane i have an iFrame..

What i am trying to do is, when the selectedIndex of the grid changes, the iFrame src should change.
I cannot seem to do this..

To test this, i have used (below) but this does not work..

Protected

Sub RadGrid1_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles RadGrid1.SelectedIndexChanged
Dim

frame1 As HtmlControl = CType(Me.FindControl("frame1"), HtmlControl)frame1.Attributes("src") = http://www.bbc.co.uk"
End
Sub

However, if i place a asp:button on page and place code below in this it works ?!

Thanks
Mark

My grid aspx

<

telerik:RadGrid id="RadGrid1" runat="server" AllowPaging="True" Skin="WebBlue" AllowFilteringByColumn="True"

Width="100%" AllowSorting="True" GridLines="None" >

<MasterTableView AllowPaging="true" >

<RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False">

<HeaderStyle Width="20px" />

</RowIndicatorColumn>

<ExpandCollapseColumn Resizable="False" Visible="False">

<HeaderStyle Width="20px" />

</ExpandCollapseColumn>

<EditFormSettings>

<PopUpSettings ScrollBars="None" />

</EditFormSettings>

</MasterTableView>

<PagerStyle Mode="NumericPages" Position="Top" />

<ClientSettings EnablePostBackOnRowClick="true">

<Selecting AllowRowSelect="True"></Selecting>

</ClientSettings>

</telerik:RadGrid>

Bodevain Svensson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 May 2008
6 answers
295 views
Hello!

I'm using a RadComboBox for ASP.NET AJAX.
I need to retrieve the value field in the Request.Form of the next page.
In order to do this, I did as told on this thred:
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bcgmme.aspx

My problem is that the client state is filled only if the comboBox is openned by the user. If it isn't, the myCombobox_clientState stays empty.

Have an idea about this?

Thanks,

Sylvain.
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
1 answer
177 views

I currently have this.

<

asp:DropDownList ID="ddlSupportedLangs" runat="server" Style="z-index: 108; left: 300px;

position: absolute; top: 158px"

Width="150px" DataSourceID="sdsLanguages" DataTextField="LanguageName" DataValueField="LanguageID" OnSelectedIndexChanged="ddlSupportedLangs_SelectedIndexChanged" AutoPostBack="True" CausesValidation="True" ValidationGroup="langChange" AppendDataBoundItems="True" TabIndex="2">

<asp:ListItem Text="Choose Language" />

</asp:DropDownList>

I would like to have something similar excepting using the new Q1 2008 asp.net AJAX radcombo box... I tried this...

<

telerik:RadComboBox ID="ddlSupportedLangs" runat="server" Style="z-index: 108; left: 300px;

position: absolute; top: 158px"

Width="150px" DataSourceID="sdsLanguages" DataTextField="LanguageName" DataValueField="LanguageID" OnSelectedIndexChanged="ddlSupportedLangs_SelectedIndexChanged" AutoPostBack="True" ValidationGroup="langChange" AppendDataBoundItems="True" TabIndex="2">

<CollapseAnimation Duration="200" Type="OutQuint" />

<asp:ListItem Text="Choose Language" />

</telerik:RadComboBox>

and it failed. because <asp:ListItem > is not the right tag to use for a telerik:RadComboBox. Does anyone know how to fix this?

thanks,
Josh

Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
1 answer
121 views
hiya,
I've downloaded the latest version and I get 30 errors when building  among others:

  Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

Error    107    Type 'RadComboBox' is not defined.  

What's happening?How can I get it to build?

Thanks,

yogi
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
5 answers
95 views
Every time i touch the design time part of my grid it re-adds the columns but formats them incorrectly, so my control doesn't appear correctly.  Once i delete these columns, it works fine.

The columns that are incorrectly put in there have Telerik.Web.UI.... instead of Telerik:.... Here is an example of what is being put in my columns:

<

Telerik.Web.UI.GridClientSelectColumn UniqueName="Select"></Telerik.Web.UI.GridClientSelectColumn>

<

Telerik.Web.UI.GridBoundColumn DataField="UserFirstName" HeaderText="First Name"

UniqueName="column2"></Telerik.Web.UI.GridBoundColumn>

<

Telerik.Web.UI.GridBoundColumn DataField="UserLastName" HeaderText="Last Name"

UniqueName="column3"></Telerik.Web.UI.GridBoundColumn>

Can someone help me fix this problem, it is irratating to keep deleting this text.

thanks

don
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
6 answers
185 views

Hi ,
I have a situation  like , getting the  content of the r.a.dGrid  into the dataset . But am not able to get this. can any one help me in this regard ?

Thanks in advance,

Manjunath

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 May 2008
1 answer
119 views
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to databind some elements to data to the Panel Bar in the following format:

  • Top Category 1
    • sub cat 1
    • sub cat 2
    • sub cat 1
    • sub cat 2
  • Top Category 2
But I haven't been able to find any resources in the help docs.  Could anyone point me in the right direction?  This is what I have so far:

                    <telerik:RadPanelBar ID="rpbMainNav" runat="server" DataTextField="Name" DataValueField="Id" OnItemDataBound="rpbMainNav_ItemDataBound" Skin="Web20" ExpandMode="SingleExpandedItem" PersistStateInCookie="True">
                        <CollapseAnimation Duration="100" Type="None" />
                        <ExpandAnimation Duration="100" Type="Linear" />                                               
                        <ItemTemplate>
                             <%# BuildStoreList(DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Id")) %>
                        </ItemTemplate>
                    </telerik:RadPanelBar>

Thanks in advance!
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2008
6 answers
259 views
I have placed a RadGrid in my pageview and I created a datable in my codebehind file and binded it with RadGrid. It displays the data. But problem is that I have to allow sorting for my first column only. How do I do that in my codebehind file.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 May 2008
2 answers
386 views
I am working on a web application.  My data comes in a complicated format thats why I save it to an array first and then I am creating a datatable so that I can bind it with my grid. Can you tell me how to make a datatable column a hyperlink. Following is not the actual code but logic is same
:
Code:
Dim id(2) As String Dim desc(2) As String 'declaring an array id(0) = "1" id(1) = "2" desc(0) = "Soccer" desc(1) = "Cricket" Dim dt As New Data.DataTable Dim dr As Data.DataRow Dim i As Integer dt.Columns.Add(New Data.DataColumn("ID", GetType(String))) dt.Columns.Add(New Data.DataColumn("Desc", GetType(String))) For i = 0 To (id.Length - 1) dr = dt.NewRow dr("ID") = id(i) dr("Desc") = desc(i) dt.Rows.Add(dr) Next RadGrid1.DataSource = dt RadGrid1.DataBind()


column "ID" has values in it, e.g. 1, 2, 3, etc., and I want the grid column to show hyperlinks, e.g. "order.aspx?id=1", "order.aspx?id=2", "order.aspx?id=3", etc. How do I do that. I have to use arrays.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 May 2008
5 answers
190 views
I'm trying to override the grid header background color as well as the row selected color. I added this code:

<style type="text/css">

td.GridHeader_Web20 input

{

background:#133926;

}

.SelectedRow_Web20

{

background:#b7e2c6;

}

</style>

I must be missng something. Can you help me out?

Thanks,
Susan

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?