Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
185 views
Is it possible to disallow the reize or movement of the window?  I have a page in which a radWindow displays content from another website.  I'd like this to be integrated in my current design. I've already set the OffsetElementID, width and height to fix the position, but I want to "lock" it so that it can't be resized or moved.

Thank you.
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2008
5 answers
143 views
Hi,

I have a problem on one page:
The toolbar does not appear when I focus on the editor in edit mode.

The page layout contains 6 editors.
One editor contains a flash movie.
If I remove the flash movie, the toolbar re-appears.

So, is there an incompatibility with flash?

for information, here is my config file :

<configuration>
  <property name="AllowThumbGeneration">True</property>
    <property name="AllowScripts">True</property>
  <property name="ConvertToXhtml">True</property>
  <property name="EnableDocking">False</property>
  <property name="ShowHtmlMode">True</property>
  <property name="ShowPreviewMode">False</property>
  <property name="StripAbsoluteAnchorPaths">False</property>
  <property name="StripAbsoluteImagesPaths">False</property>
  <property name="ToolbarMode">PageTop</property>
    <property name="EnableServerSideRendering">False</property>   
  <property name="ToolsWidth">800px</property>
  <property name="CacheLocalization">True</property>
  <property name="ConvertFontToSpan">True</property>
  <property name="EnableClientSerialize">False</property>
  </configuration>

Thank you...

Best Regards,
Sylvain
George
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2008
2 answers
134 views
Hi,
How do i hide the X (close) button.
All i want is the expnad button

Thanks
Mark
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2008
1 answer
174 views
In this simple example found in the documentation

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet/splitter/Simple%20Example.html

Is it possiable to have a loading animation over RadPane2 when loading a page into that target?
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2008
2 answers
135 views
Hi,
i am using your sample code but i still keep getting a postback..
any ideas please?

<telerik:RadToolBar ID="RadToolBar1" Runat="server" Skin="WebBlue" OnClientButtonClicked="click_handler">

<CollapseAnimation Type="OutQuint" Duration="200"></CollapseAnimation>

<Items>

<telerik:RadToolBarButton runat="server" Text="Open" CommandName="OpenWindow"></telerik:RadToolBarButton>

<telerik:RadToolBarButton runat="server" Text="New" CommandName="NewWindow"></telerik:RadToolBarButton>

</Items>

</telerik:RadToolBar>

<script type="text/javascript">

function click_handler(sender, e)

{

radopen(

"http://www.google.com");

return false; // -> this line will prevent Telerik RadToolBar from performing a postback.

}

</script>

Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 May 2008
2 answers
99 views
I have added the below to my web.config under App Settings

   <add key="Telerik.Skin" value="JMW" />
Properties of the Menu:
 EnableEmbeddedSkin = False
Skin="JMW"

I Registered the following in the header tag
 <link href="../Skins/JMW/Menu.JMW.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="../Skins/Menu.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

It's not getting my Menu.JMW.CSS

What am I doing wrong?

Tx
Helen
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2008
7 answers
162 views
I got this error while running the application,
Object of type system.string can't converted into telerik.webcontrols.buttontype

Please help me out by giving sample code of button control of telerik.

How to use telerik button control, help me out.


Thanks, 
preeti
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 May 2008
14 answers
469 views
I'd like to have the SQL Server column description property as a tooltip in my radGrid. I can easily enough get the descriptions by querying sysproperties (or sys.columns in SQL Server 2005), but I'm not sure about the next step.

I'm guessing I would populate a dataset with the descriptions in the form's Load event, and then in maybe the ItemCreated event of each column I would set the tooltip.

If anyone has an example of doing this, or something similar, I'd be eternally grateful to see it!

One thing, I don't see a tooltip property in radGrid per column - do I have to convert each column to a template and use the title property?
Steve Newbery
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 May 2008
2 answers
140 views
I had posted in this forum yesterday but that thread went missing. It used to be located here [http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bdkbmt.aspx] and the contents of it can be found in the cached version here [http://search.telerik.com/search?q=cache:3Ptq3mw5t78J:www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bdkbmt.aspx++TelerikExample.zip&access=p&output=xml_no_dtd&ie=UTF-8&client=forums&num=20&site=forums&proxystylesheet=forums&oe=UTF-8].

I would like to add in a few important quotes from that thread before continuing onward.


(from me)
I have a client-side event that attaches and works like a champ.

<ClientSettings  
    AllowColumnsReorder="True" 
    AllowDragToGroup="True" 
    EnableClientKeyValues="true">  
    <Selecting AllowRowSelect="False" /> 
    <ClientEvents OnRowCreated="OnRowCreated" /> 
</ClientSettings> 

It works until I expand one of the MasterTableView rows to expose the DetailTable inside it. I have an <asp:UpdatePanel> surrounding my RadGrid. When the expand button is clicked the page does an update with the UpdatePanel.

All seems to work well but the OnRowCreated client-side event doesn't fire for the grid. Now the rows have lost their click event and it no longer works like a champ.

Do you have any advice? I'm sure it must be a javascript issue. The listeners are not being attached to the gridrows. Thanks for your help. 


(from Yavor )

Hello Greg,

In order to troubleshoot the application, you can nest the grid in an AjaxPanel, or Ajaxify the control through the AjaxManager, to see if the problem will persist.

Kind regards,
Yavor
the Telerik team



(from me)

I am getting the same issues with the RadAjaxPanel. I will cook up a demonstration application for your review this afternoon. In the meantime if you have any other suggestions please feel free to provide them.

thanks,
greg johnson 


(from me)
I have created a demonstration project for your examination. It is attached to this post. I believe that it shows the issue exactly. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.

greg johnson


(from me)


greg johnson
Greg Johnson
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 May 2008
1 answer
248 views
hi,

i build some ajax program in local mode(my computer), it's work fine.

when i move the file to the server (production) i got this line error

and i tried to move the charting dll , and remove the assembly lines and the
.net write the row again

thanks.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Charting, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d14f3dcc8e3e8763' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error:

Line 38: 				<add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
Line 39: 				<add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
Line 40: <add assembly="Telerik.Charting, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=D14F3DCC8E3E8763"/></assemblies></compilation>Line 41: 		<httpHandlers>
Line 42: 			<remove path="*.asmx" verb="*"/>

Source File: D:\hshome\techsite\besttest.skytech.co.il\web.config    Line: 40 

 
Bartholomeo Rocca
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?