Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
164 views
Hi,

I am implementing rad grid and aggregate rad chart as given in following link-:
http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/Controls/Examples/Integration/GridAndChart/GridAndAggregateChart/DefaultCS.aspx?product=chart

In this example the data from grid is same as the one getting displayed with Pie chart.

Is it possible to represent rad grid rows with the colors using which the respective data getting displayed in pie chart.

For instance, in the given example the record for 'Aniseed Syrup' is getting displyed in blue in Pie chart. I want that, row which is representing 'Aniseed Syrup' data in grid should be displayed in blue background.

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,
Jyoti Naik

Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2008
1 answer
76 views
Is it possible to load a Web User Control into an AjaxPanel when a user clicks on an entry in a Menu?
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2008
4 answers
114 views
Hi all,
It Would be very helpful if i Know how to access or fire a Radgrid Event for ex:NeedDataSource event from other control events for ex: a dropdown list selectedindexchanged event

Thanks in Advance
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 May 2008
3 answers
135 views
My RADgrid display number of items in the footer when set a bound column with Aggregate = "Count". The trouble started when there is no record in the grid. It throws error:

        Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

If I remove the Aggregate function, the problem goes away. Seems like a bug. Can you help? Thank you.
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2008
1 answer
178 views
how can i build a legend for rad chart programatically

The X axis label names are too long to fit in so i want to build legend for it
how can i do this?
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 May 2008
3 answers
88 views
hi,
    I want to make the node selected after adding nodes from a popup.

I am using the folowing code in Ajax_Request after closing the popup.

RadTreeNode currentNode = new RadTreeNode();

currentNode = rtHierarchy.FindNodeByText(hdnNode.Value);

currentNode.Selected=true;

In the code snippet, hdnNode.Value is a hidden field, which holds the text of the node from which the  node has been added.

The problem i am facing is after closing the popup the added nodes are not displayed. The nodes are displayed only after when i click on some other node.

Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2008
3 answers
137 views
I have specified the width os some columns in my grid using the ItemStyle-Width property.
But when i click the edit button the columns expand and do not take the size I have specified.
I have 3 numeric columns and I want their size to be very small even in edit mode so that my text columns can have more space.

<

telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="GateLength" HeaderText="Gate Length" SortExpression="GateLength"

UniqueName="GateLength" ItemStyle-Width="50px" >

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 May 2008
3 answers
168 views
I'm working on a project right now where we want to be able to have child grids show up in a collapsed state.  That way when the parent item is expanded the user will be presented with a list of child grids that can then be expanded. I've thought about using collapsible <div> tags, but am not sure of where I would be able to insert the divs.  Anyone have any experience doing this, or am I headed in the wrong direction?  Thanks in advance.
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2008
3 answers
154 views
Hi,

FIRST:

I have 1 combobox in my grid for Edit/Insert.
In grid Edit/Insert mode I want next column to be updated based on the selceted value of the combo box.
Grid is from Product table.
Combobox has the customer ID.
OnSelected index change of combox should update the customer name in the next column.
Edit/Insert should be InLine mode.
 
SECOND:

I have a Status column with states defined in Database as (0,1,2)
On Item data bound it will be changed to (Open,Working,Closed) for display in grid.
In this case user will try to search with text. Works fine if the search entry is either 0 or 1 or 2. But I need search for Open or Working or Closed. How to achieve this ?

Thanks in advance,

Rajoo
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 May 2008
5 answers
299 views
Hi there

I have a grids that 10 rows and 18 columns and 10 columns of them are setting like this so they are in edit mode.

protected void Page_PreRender(object sender, System.EventArgs e)  
        {  
            if (!this.IsPostBack)  
            {  
                for (int i = 0; i < this.radgrdTenderTariffTenderTariff.MasterTableView.Items.Count; i++)  
                {  
                    this.radgrdTenderTariffTenderTariff.MasterTableView.Items[i].Edit = true;  
                }  
                this.radgrdTenderTariffTenderTariff.MasterTableView.Rebind();  
            }  
        } 

Now ... i have a button outside this grid and just want to save the value of each edited column by doing this:



protected void bttnSave_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)  
        {  
            foreach (GridEditableItem editedItem in radgrdTenderTariffTenderTariff.EditItems)  
            {  
                //string test = item.OwnerTableView.DataKeyValues[item.ItemIndex]["SiteCode"].ToString();  
                //GridEditableItem itemToEdit = (item.OwnerTableView.EditMode == GridEditMode.InPlace) ?  
                //        (GridEditableItem)item : (GridEditableItem)item.EditFormItem;  
                string rate8 = editedItem["Rate8"].Text;  
 
 
            }  
        } 

But I don't get any values of edited columns.  Any ideas? Unless is there any other methods to set the editable mode.

Thanks




Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 02 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?