Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
11 answers
373 views
I have a ToolTip control in one of my content placeholders. All the controls within that content placeholder are wrapped in a Panel that is set as the updated control for any ajax request where the AjaxManager itself is the initiator. After the callback I am getting a Sys.InvalidOperationException stating the message "Two components with the same id cannot be added to the application" and it references the client ID of the ToolTip control. If I move the ToolTip control to another content placeholder where it isn't updated during the callback I don't get this error. Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
Larkin
HHH
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 May 2008
2 answers
128 views
Hi,

Just found a quit weird behaviour.
In our editor every time you switch mode between edit and html mode the height grows with x pixels depending on what modules is activated.

This behaviour is FF only.

Your demo dosen't have this "feature".

My conclusion after some digging is that this is related to the disabling of tools.

Try this:

Disable the MainToolbar in ToolsFile.xml -> 
 <tools name="MainToolbar" isribbon="false" dockable="true" enabled="false"> 

Now switch mode to html and back again.
The editor grows in FF!

A workaround is to disable every tool in the "bar" and not the tools, but that shouldn't be necessary.

Regards
Niklas
genesplitter
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 08 May 2008
0 answers
216 views
function setv(sender,args)  
{  
   var id='<%# Eval("ID") %>';  
   sender.set_value(id);  
} 
i have a combobox which resides inside a formview and uses objectdatasource.
my combobox is loaded on demand.
on the OnClientLoad function of combobox, i would like to set the value of the combobox which i get from objectdatasource in client side using <%# Eval("ID" %>.
But Eval doesn't seem to work inside javascript. I dont' wont to use server side programming ondatabinding of objectdatasource. I would like to use client side.
thanks
Prabir
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 08 May 2008
29 answers
336 views

I've copied the Windows2000 skin and made some amendments to the CSS which have worked very well. However the Splitter is still trying to get images from a WebResource, as such no images are being displayed.

<telerik:RadSplitter ID="MainSplitter" runat="server" Orientation="Vertical" Width="100%" Height="100%" Skin="MySkin" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" >

 

<telerik:RadPane ID="MainContent" runat="server" Scrolling="none">

 

<telerik:RadSplitter ID="MainContentSplitter" runat="server" Orientation="Horizontal" >

 

<telerik:RadPane ID="MainContent_SearchHolder" runat="server" Height="25" Locked="true" >

 

<telerik:RadSlidingZone ID="MainContent_SlidingZone" runat="server" ClickToOpen="true">

 

<telerik:RadSlidingPane ID="MainContent_SearchOptions" runat="server" Title="Search Options" MinHeight="250" Height="250" EnableDock="false" >

 

Search Optionssssss

</telerik:RadSlidingPane>

 

<telerik:RadSlidingPane ID="MainContent_SavedSearches" runat="server" Title="Saved Searches" EnableDock="false">

 

Saved Searchedddddd

</telerik:RadSlidingPane>

 

<telerik:RadSlidingPane ID="MainContent_ApplicantActions" runat="server" Title="Applicant Applications" EnableDock="false">

 

Applicant Actionssssss

</telerik:RadSlidingPane>

 

</telerik:RadSlidingZone>

 

</telerik:RadPane>

 

<telerik:RadSplitBar ID="Splitbar_Search_Results" runat="server" CollapseMode="None" />

 

<telerik:RadPane ID="MainContent_Results" runat="server" Scrolling="y">

 

Results

</telerik:RadPane>

 

<telerik:RadSplitBar ID="Splitbar_Results_Bookmarks" runat="server" CollapseMode="Both" />

 

<telerik:RadPane ID="MainContent_Bookmarks" runat="server" Scrolling="Y">

 

Bookmarks

</telerik:RadPane>

 

</telerik:RadSplitter>

 

</telerik:RadPane>

 

<telerik:RadSplitBar ID="TheSplitBar" runat="server" CollapseMode="none" EnableResize="false" />

 

<telerik:RadPane ID="SlidingContent" runat="server" Width="25" Scrolling="none">

 

<telerik:RadSlidingZone ID="SlidingZone" runat="server" ClickToOpen="true" SlideDirection="left" >

 

<telerik:RadSlidingPane ID="Slide_AppNotes" runat="server" Title="Applicant Notes" MinWidth="500" Width="500">

 

App Notes

</telerik:RadSlidingPane>

 

<telerik:RadSlidingPane ID="Slide_AppContactHistory" runat="server" Title="Contact History" MinWidth="500" Width="500">

 

Contact History

</telerik:RadSlidingPane>

 

</telerik:RadSlidingZone>

 

</telerik:RadPane>

 

</telerik:RadSplitter>


Any ideas how I can put my own images in?
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2008
1 answer
218 views
I have a Label within a NestedViewTemplate.  I just want to be able to access this Label from my code so I can populate it when the associated row in clicked.  I was able to get a reference to it for the first row, but there's got to be a better way...  Here's how I'm getting to it from the Grid's OnItemCommand method:
protected void radGridSample_ItemCommand(object sender, GridCommandEventArgs e)  
{  
    if (e.CommandName == "ExpandCollapse")  
    {  
        if (e.Item.Expanded == false)  
        {  
            // The line below is where I get the label, but it's too clunky and only works for on GridItem...  
            Label lblDetail = e.Item.Parent.Controls[4].FindControl("lblDetail") as Label;  
            if (lblDetail != null)  
            {  
                StringBuilder sbDetail = new StringBuilder();  
                sbDetail.AppendLine("<div class='Details'>bla bla bla</div>");  
                lblDetail.Text = sbDetail.ToString();  
            }  
        }  
    }  
}  
 
What's the *right* way to do this?  I couldn't find any mention of it in the docs or samples...

Thanks!

Eddie
diggityDawg
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 May 2008
2 answers
109 views
hi all!

maybe i'm missing something, but i need to have the subject and one on my resources mandatory when editing or inserting an appointment.

how can i achieve that?

i'm able to the event 'appointment_insert' to check if the subject is empty & also check the resource if is nothing....

but when updating i always get the 'old' values in the 'appointment_update' event - so when some one has deleted the subject i cannot check or stop him from doing so...

are there any examples i'm missing?

please help me :-)
thanks!
Reini
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 08 May 2008
1 answer
143 views
Hello,

Could you give us a time frame as to when SP1 will be available.

Many thanks
Ivo
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2008
1 answer
70 views

Error 128 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadWindowManager' does not contain a definition for 'Language' and no extension method 'Language' accepting a first argument of type 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadWindowManager' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) 
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2008
12 answers
201 views
I've been using the RadToolbar for Asp.Net with the DisplayEnds property set to false so that I could blend the toolbar into the background image.  Basically, I want the toolbar to look like it extends the entire width of the container.  I'm not able to do this with the ASP.NET AJAX version since there doesn't appear to be a DisplayEnds property and setting the width to be 100% doesn't make the toolbar 100% wide.  Is there another way I can accomplish this in the ASP.NET AJAX version?

Thanks,
Matt
Albert Shenker
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
 answered on 08 May 2008
2 answers
158 views
There is one minor annoyance when upgrading with a website that uses RadEditor. As you know, in the Web.config you have to add an httpHandlers like this:

<add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.415.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" validate="false" />

When you swap out the DLL in the bin folder, you have to manually go into the Web.config and update the version in the type section above, or else the RadEditor dialogs fail. I know it's nothing like a functionality issue, but is there a way to upgrade without needing to update the Web.config with the new version info? It's pretty tedious when you have a few websites that need upgrading so you need to go into some page that uses a RadEditor, go to the properties, and enable dialogs so it can update the Web.config with the exact info and version.
bemara57
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?