Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
154 views
How can I programatically Add RadDock on the client side ? I didn't see anything about this in Client API Document.
nickWorld
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 May 2008
1 answer
256 views
Working on a solution where our software will be embedded in corporate website and others like that.

A problem I have noticed is that
KeepInScreenBounds="True" 
doesn't work in this case...if I drag my window left it can get outside the frame and if I end my drag out there I'm stuck with a window I can't close again. Same thing happens if you drag it up outside the IFrame.

The quick thought was to use a self-developed bounds check via getWindowBounds() but that gives me positive x and y so can't rely on that.

So temporary solution is removing Move from the windows behavior list, but that might not be the best solution in the end.

Guess this is a unexpected behavior/undocumented feature/bug :)
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2008
3 answers
200 views

I am implementing drag and drop between trees (client side) and load on demand.  When droping a node with ExpandMode = ServerSideCallBack the new node on the destination tree has no + sign, but double clicking on the node loads the children.  Here is my clone function:

        function cloneNodeTree(node)  
        {  
              
            if (node.get_parent().get_value() != "Root")  
            {  
                cloneNodeTree(node.get_parent());  
            }  
            var destTree = $find("userTree");  
            if (destTree.findNodeByText(node.get_text()) == null)  
            {  
                var newNode = new Telerik.Web.UI.RadTreeNode();  
                newNode.set_text(node.get_text());    
                newNode.set_value(node.get_value());  
                if (node.get_attributes().getAttribute("groupID") != null)  
                {  
                    newNode.get_attributes().setAttribute("groupID", node.get_attributes().getAttribute("groupID"));  
                    newNode.get_nodes().clear();  
                    newNode.set_expandMode(2);  
                }  
                else 
                {  
                    newNode.get_attributes().setAttribute("layerID", node.get_attributes().getAttribute("layerID"));  
                    newNode.set_expandMode(0);  
                }  
                newNode.set_imageUrl(node.get_imageUrl());  
                //newNode.set_expandendImageUrl(node.get_expandedImageUrl());  
 
                  
                if (node.get_parent().get_value() == "Root")  
                {  
                    destTree.get_nodes().add(newNode);  
                }  
                else 
                {  
                    destTree.findNodeByText(node.get_parent().get_text()).get_nodes().add(newNode);  
                }  
             }  
        }  
 

What am I missing?

Jorge
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2008
1 answer
93 views
I just installed the Full featured RadEditor on my MOSS 2007 server, and the formatting toolbar does not appear above the fields where it should.  I installed it with the WSP file, activated both features, and the default editor has disappeared.  The only icons I see are in the bottom of the text box, for Design, HTMl, and Preview, but they don't work.

I suspect this may be a security issue.  If there need to be changes to the web.config, can you tell me exactly what needs to be changed and exactly which web.config?  The instructions I found on the site don't seem to be specific or up to date, as the List instructions refer to a file (RadEditorList.ascx) that is not installed with the version I downloaded today.

Thanks for your help.
George
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2008
3 answers
243 views
I have been trying to get hold of my windows today and no matter if I set "InitialBehaviour" or "InitialBehaviours" it doesn't work at all and I get all options on the window shows. If I use "Behaviour" it all works according to my settings but then I get a fancy warning...

Chart.aspx(52,13): warning CS0612: 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadWindowBase.Behavior' is obsolete 

Configuration is as follows...

    <telerik:RadWindowManager ID="chartWindowManager" runat="server" Modal="True" ReloadOnShow="True" Overlay="True" 
        ShowContentDuringLoad="False" VisibleOnPageLoad="False" Behavior="Close, Move" VisibleStatusbar="False"> 
        <Windows> 
            <telerik:RadWindow ID="DateSelectorWindow" runat="server" ClientCallBackFunction="CallBackFunction" Width="240" Height="210"> 
            </telerik:RadWindow> 
            <telerik:RadWindow ID="ChartDetailsWindow" runat="server" Width="500px" Height="350px"> 
            </telerik:RadWindow> 
        </Windows> 
    </telerik:RadWindowManager> 
 

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2008
2 answers
248 views
Hi,

I've added a textbox to a RadGrid via a gridTemplateColumn.  Even though I've set the AutoPostBack of the textbox to false, every time I hit enter within the textbox, the page has a postback.  I'm trying to just capture the changes in javascript, and I don't want a postback to occur. If I just make a change and set focus on another column, the onchange javascript runs as expected.  The unwanted postback occurs with both the asp:TextBox and the RadTextbox.

Thanks for any assistance!
Deb
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 May 2008
2 answers
111 views
Is it possible? I try to use http://www.telerik.com/community/code-library/submission/b311D-gbech.aspx, but it don't work, because 

var

mm = radopen(url, name);
mm.Id is undefined

Andrey
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 May 2008
1 answer
106 views
I have a RadGrid that is Databound against a HashTable. The HashTable returns a Key, and a pair of values (First and Second) like this:
<code>
Dim p As Pair = CType(EditTable(key), Pair)
p.Second = CType(DefaultTable(key), Pair).First
EditTable(key) = p
</code>
How can I define First and Second in Radgrid1_ItemDataBound? I have tried the following which does not work:
            Dim resValue As GridBoundColumn = RadGrid1.MasterTableView.GetColumn("resValue")  
            Dim resDefaultValue As GridBoundColumn = RadGrid1.MasterTableView.GetColumn("resDefaultValue")  
            Dim item As GridEditableItem = e.Item  
 
            resValue.DataField = DataBinder.Eval(CType(item.DataItem, DataRowView), "Value").First()  
            resDefaultValue.DataField = DataBinder.Eval(CType(item.DataItem, DataRowView), "Value").Second()  
 
Anyone?
Inge Wandsvik
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 May 2008
1 answer
108 views
Hi Guys,

Does the content of the RadWindows have to be on another UserControl/Page ?
Cant we specify the contents of the RadWindow like:        

<telerik:RadWindow ID="RadWindow_BankSearch" runat="server" Title="Bank Search">   
    <table cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 11px"                   width="100%"> 
        <tr> 
          <td> 
             <asp:Label ID="lblBankingInstPop" runat="server" Text="Banking Institution:"></asp:Label> 
          </td> 
          <td> 
             <telerik:RadTextBox ID="txtBankingInst" runat="server" Width="170px"> 
                                    </telerik:RadTextBox> 
          </td> 
     </table> 
</telerik:RadWindow>              

I tried doing this, but the window shows no content ??
Regards,

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2008
5 answers
175 views
Is there a way to make the editor recognize asp.net tags and not strip them?, I could live without the syntax highlighting, but if I could attach an xml file to do that as well, that would be neat.

Is there such a thing, is it on the burner, or am I foolish to hope for such a thing?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?