Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
136 views
Hi,

I've got some problems with the RADEditor in Opera 9.22.

I read in another thread that it's a browser issue that the editor doesn't get the focus when clicked (or only when clicked in the first line). I can live with that.

And furthermore in my project I am unable to insert tables via the table wizard. I know that this is working in an empty page, so I have to figure out what's the problem there...

But what's really annoying is that the editor looses the focus whenever the user clicks a button on the toolbar and that the funtion "pasteHtml()" doesn't insert text at the current cursor position but replaces all the text in the editor!

Will this be fixed or is there a workaround for these problems??
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2008
2 answers
96 views
I have 3 GridDropDownColumn that depend on each other to load data. The first one loads organisation names, and the seconds one loads organisational branches depending on what is selected on the first one, and the third one loads divisions depending on the selected 2nd one.

When they load the first time is correct. The first one takes the default selected of the 1st, and the third one also takes default of the first. The problem is when I select a different value of the the first dropdown the second one still sees the previous value the it does not change its contents, the same as the 3rd one.

Please what to do to solve this problem.

Tiego
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 May 2008
2 answers
139 views
Hi!
I have a GridView a column representing ProductID.  I would like to have a function that let me when I hover over each ProductID, a pop-up show up and show me that Product's spec in a DetailsView.  How can I make that happen?  Thanks.

Cheers!
Al
Al Safavi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 May 2008
4 answers
183 views
Sorry if this is the incorrect forum board to post this topic, but I couldn't find a more relevant section.

I'm having an issue when specifying the SelectedDate attribute of the RadTimePicker. For some reason no matter when value I specify the displayed value is "12:00 AM". Why is this and how can I fix this?

Thanks for your help,

Curt.
Curt
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 May 2008
3 answers
156 views
Hello,

This should be pretty simple, but I have not found an answer online.

In my grid control, I have a column defined as a  GridTemplateColumn.   Within this, I have of course:  ItemTemplate  and EditItemTemplate.  

Here's my question:  How do I prevent edits for this column --but yet still have it enabled for inserts.  Make sense? 

I want to prevent the user from editing this column value after the record has been created.

Thanks for anyone's help (been stuck on this for sometime),
John
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 21 May 2008
1 answer
120 views
Hi all,
I have my RadGrid inside a RadMultiPage (part of a RadTabStrip), I want to enable ajax so I've added a RadAjaxManager but the RadGrid control doesn't show up when I click on Configure Ajax Manager. If RadGrid is by itself (not within RadMultiPage), I was able to see the control listed under Configure Ajax Manager.

Thanks,
Kenny.
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2008
1 answer
94 views
Ok, the scene:  RadGrid for Ajax inside an Ajax Panel.

Enable client side row selection on the grid and uncheck Ajax on the AjaxPanel.
Click any row on the grid and the row is selected.

Select the Enable Ajax checkbox on the AjaxPanel and now certain rows (always the same ones) fail to select.

This is pretty consistent behavior. 

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
David Sandor
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 21 May 2008
1 answer
201 views
Hi,
     I want my grid to have a header and a subheader. The grid has 9 columns.
The header groups the columns in groups of 3. and the sub header is the header for every column. Is it possible to have 2 headers in  telerik grid.
Thanks,
Pri
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 21 May 2008
9 answers
703 views
My grid is bound to my class.  One of the fields is a date which I bind to a GridDateTimeColumn.

Using in place edit when I attempt to add a new record I keep getting the error

The string was not recognized as a valid DateTime. ---> System.FormatException: The string was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

The code in my aspx page:

<telerik:GridDateTimeColumn                               
                DataField="StartDate"
                HeaderText="Start Date"               
                UniqueName="Start Date"
                PickerType="DatePicker" />  

Just checking to see if there is something I am missing.  I would like the date value to default to the current date/time.  Do I need to handle an event for the grid such as the edit item being created and default the editor?

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2008
2 answers
113 views

Hi,

I have a grid with check box column. On click of button AJAX call is made and data is fetched accordingly. But the checkbox column is not getting refreshed. If I do postback than same thing is working fine.

I am using needdatasource event of grid for databinding and I debugged it and found that correct data is gettting bound but only the checkbox  in the grid is not getting refreshed.

i have also observed that when I use AJAX then the grid doesnt refreshes any control like textbox,checkbox but it refreshes only the label control.

Please let me know what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Nishith

Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?