Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
161 views
Hi, im using the RadWindowManager to open "upload.aspx" in my window.
On this page i have a JS-script that uses window.location = 'done.html'. This script apperently redirect the intire page instead of tha content of the RadWindow. Is there another way to redirect the the page from JS that only effect the RadWindow-content?

Can someone help me out?

/DG
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2008
2 answers
184 views
Hi.
when I use telerik controls in my login page it throw a javascript error: telerik is undefined. this problem is just in my login page that user is not authenticated, when he/she login to system, there is no problems

in master Page there is telerik register reference and telerik radajax manager
it seems that telerik http module dosn't register it.
is there any one familier with this?
farsica
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 May 2008
1 answer
230 views

Hi all,

I have read the docs and forums but can't find a way to do what I want, which is:- 

From a “Delete” button fired in the Item_Databound event of a datalist of image galleries, I am opening a RadWindow that passes in the GalleryID.

The window is then populated with a list of images that will be deleted and there is a “Confirm Delete” button at the bottom.

When they confirm, the RadWindow shows a list of all of the images that have been deleted.

So far so good…

What I want to do now is click a “Close and return” button on the window that will close the RadWindow and also refresh the DataList on the parent page.

All help most appreciated.

Regards,

Jon

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2008
1 answer
91 views
Can I get a spellchecker with the look from the radeditor into normal textboxes?
With the highlighted errors like the radeditor does, but on normal textboxes..?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2008
0 answers
132 views
Hi

I have some javascript on my page as follows:

var multiPage = $find(radMultiPage1);
var pageView = new Telerik.Web.UI.RadPageView();
multiPage.get_pageViews().add(pageView);
var randomnumber=Math.floor(Math.random()*1000001);
pageView._element.innerHTML="<iframe id='" + randomnumber + "' name='" + randomnumber + "' src='" + tabInfo[1] + "' height='95%' width='100%' frameborder='no'></iframe>";
multiPage.set_selectedIndex(pageView.get_index());

This is part of a function that creates a new tab on a tab strip and then creates a new pageview to go with that tab. This works fine.

When I remove the tab and the pageview (when the user clicks a close button on the tab) I get a Javascript error 'Object not set to an instance...' in IE7. This happens about 10 seconds after I remove the tab. I do not get the error in Firefox. When I opt to break on the error the debugger tells me that there is no source code at the location!

Whilst I appreciate that this is quite possibly not an issue with the Telerik controls but with IE7 itself, I wondered if anybody else has come across this issue and found a resolution for it?

I've been banging my head on my desk for days with this, so if you can help then please do!!
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 21 May 2008
3 answers
225 views
Hi,

I'm looking at changing our project from using the old Telerik AJAX framework to the new one.  The biggest problem that I can see we are going to have is with the RadAjax changes.

Currently we have one AjaxManager on the master page, but also potentially other AjaxManagers contained within various web controls. These web controls are usually CompositeControls, which need to perform asynchronous postbacks and update other controls within them.

With the old version of Telerik ajax, this has been achieved by creating an AjaxManager within the composite control and hooking up to the AjaxRequest event where the relevant code can be run.  AjaxSettings can also be added to the manager to update the necessary controls.  All the functionality is then encapsulated within the composite control itself.

As far as I can see, with the new framework it is recommended, or indeed required, that I have one AjaxManager per page, and all the AjaxSettings and code within my AjaxRequest event handler will have to be moved to that AjaxManager.

The problem I can see having with this is that where the old AjaxRequest on the web control would automatically only run the relevant code and update the relevant controls it will now fire all the event handlers hooked up to AjaxRequest of the master manager and update all the controls set within all the AjaxSettings.

Obviously I could perhaps make use of the event argument to only run certain bits of code when the request is fired from different places - although I'm not sure how to handle only updating certain controls - but I seem to have lost the ability to encapsulate the ajax functionality within my composite controls.

Is there an easier way?  Am I missing something?

Stephen
Kiara
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 May 2008
3 answers
181 views
Hi all,
i'm trying to use some treeview client side function.

For example, I manage client side node checked event, and i set imageUrl, Category, image alt attribute and some other stuff, depending on treenode. checked value.

All works really good since I submit my changes with a button postback...

The only changes i get server side is the checked value, but all other properties and attributes are lost.

Here is an example of what functions i'm using from APIs.
Any idea about how can I get changed values server side?
   function SwitchEditMode(menuItem, treeNode)  
               {    
                  if(treeNode.get_checked() == true)  
                  {  
                    switch(menuItem.get_value())  
                    {  
                        case "0":  
                            treeNode._imageElement.alt = ReadOnlyMsg;  
                            treeNode.get_element().all[4].title=ReadOnlyMsg;  
                            treeNode.set_selectedImageUrl(imageReadOnlyUrl);  
                            treeNode.set_imageUrl(imageReadOnlyUrl);  
                            treeNode.set_category("0");  
                            break;  
                        case "1":  
                            treeNode._imageElement.alt = EditableMsg;  
                            treeNode.get_element().all[4].title=EditableMsg;  
                            treeNode.set_selectedImageUrl(imageEditableUrl);  
                            treeNode.set_imageUrl(imageEditableUrl);  
                            treeNode.set_category("1");  
                            break;  
                    }  
                  }    
                } 

Thank you
Andrea
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
 answered on 21 May 2008
2 answers
204 views
Hi,

I want to use a custom skin for my RadTabStrip (RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX). I've checked this tutorial on your site :

New documentation for TabStrip Ajax Control

but I don't find how to customise the image file (with Photoshop) like your tutorial for RadControls for ASP.NET classic :

Documentation for classic TabStrip control

If you check in the image file of the RadTabStrip skin (ASP.NET Ajax), the TabStripStates.gif use a different method to display each state of the tab. How can I customise that file to use another style for my tabs (like I've done with my skin with RadControl for ASP.NET classic)?

Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2008
3 answers
173 views
Dear all,

I implement a custom skin for my application, I copied some of the provided skins "Sunset","Outlook","Telerik" when I run my application not all images are loaded for RadGrid despite of  the fact that they are in the same folder with the other loaded images ...

I have the Sunset skin folder with the following images:
Delete.gif, edit.gif, etc ... only the edit.gif,Add.gif and refresh.gif are loaded none of the others.

In other skin as Outlook: none of the images are loaded.

Does this make sense ....

Any advise is appreciated ..
Waleed
Waleed Seada
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 21 May 2008
1 answer
103 views
I have a grid that can have any number of columns depending upon the data in the database.  Is there a way to get the number of columns that is in the current grid from the client side.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 21 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?