Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
97 views
If you have multiple root menus and any of the other root menu text lengths are greater than the length of the first menu item the flyout indicator sits over the text of the node with the longer text.  Am I missing something here.  It doesn't seem to be a problem for the child menu items


<telerik:RadMenu ID="ID" Skin="Outlook" Flow="Vertical" runat="server">
            <Items>
                <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="123" runat="server">
                    <Items>
                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="123" runat="server">
                            <Items>
                                <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="123" runat="server">
                                </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                                <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="1234" runat="server">
                                </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                                <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="1235879" runat="server">
                                </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                            </Items>
                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="1234" runat="server">
                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="1235879" runat="server">
                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                    </Items>
                </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="1234" runat="server">
                    <Items>
                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="123" runat="server">
                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="1234" runat="server">
                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="1235879" runat="server">
                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                    </Items>
                </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="1235879" runat="server">
                    <Items>
                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="123" runat="server">
                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="1234" runat="server">
                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="1235879" runat="server">
                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                    </Items>
                </telerik:RadMenuItem>
            </Items>
        </telerik:RadMenu>
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
3 answers
214 views
I have a hierarchical grid built programatically on a user control. The user control is loaded dynamically into a content page. I need the user to select data from a combo box and then click a search button (combo box and button are on same user control as thr RadGrid). The button calls a web service which returns a DataSet containing DataTables which I then use as DataSources for my master/detail tables. The data coming back is okay and the grid displays the 'plus' symbols beside each row indicating there is detail data ready to expand, however, when I click the 'plus' the RadGrid disappears. I think the content page is doing a postback and reloading the user control thus resetting the user control to its original state. I can get the RadGrid to work by using just a plain aspx and doing all the RadGrid setup in the PageLoad and checking for IsPostBack == false. Any suggestions on how to retain the RadGrid when expanding the grid or what I'm missing?

Thanks
Jonathan Medley
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 May 2008
1 answer
95 views
Hi telerik support team:

                   Currently i am using telerik spell check control to perform spell check and encounter this error. After investigation, i notice that the script to register namespace Type.registerNamespace("Telerik.Web.UI.Spell"); is not loaded in to browser and cause HtmlElementTextSource is undefined in the code.
 
                    Together i attached with my coding to facilitate your investigation.

function startSpell()
{
        GetSources();
        var spell = GetRadSpell('<%= SpellCheckerTop.ClientID %>');
        spell.set_textSource(new MultipleTextSource(sources));
        spell.startSpellCheck();
}

function GetSources()
{
    sources = new Array();
    var i;
    var j = 0;
    for (i=0; i < document.forms[0].elements.length; i++)
    {
               if ((document.forms[0].elements[i].name.indexOf('spellCheckQuestion') > -1) || (document.forms[0].elements[i].name.indexOf('spellCheckAnswers') > -1))
            {
                sources[j] = new Telerik.Web.UI.Spell.HtmlElementTextSource(document.forms[0].elements[i]);
                   j++;
                }
            }  
        }
 
The problem occur at statement to assign Telerik.Web.UI.Spell.HtmlElementTextSource to sources array for performing multiple control spell check.

may i know what have i missed out that cause namespace Telerik.Web.UI.Spell is not registered ?

Thanks you
George
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
2 answers
346 views
All,
I have a requirement to add a "help" icon to the top-right corner of all my PanelBar panes (which just pops up a help window). Is it possible to do this and how?

ie, I need:
________________________
|  Heading                      [?] |
----------------------------------

And when you click the "help" button it obviously shouldn't expand the pane.

Any ideas welcome!

Cheers,
Daron
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
2 answers
124 views
Has anyone experienced issues with the RadGrid ASP.Net for Ajax when implementing with MS Web Client Software factory? 

We are using RadGrid Classic and cannot filter with the RadGrid.  On initial load we can bind the DataSource to a table, but on subsequent postbacks we get a blank screen.  I'd like to try the Ajax version, but wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this issue.
David Robbins
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 May 2008
3 answers
129 views
I have a panel bar with 3 items.

In each item I have different templates, I want to databind different datasources to these items but I can't figure it out.

PanelBar.FindItemByValue(

"Offices").DataItem = Office

That is what I'm trying at the moment in a for loop but it doesn't add all the offices, only the last one.

How can I do this? I can't use .Item.Add because I need to use the template.

Cheers

Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
4 answers
178 views
 i am using ajax enabled website and has placed Radtreeview control in a usercontrol when i use this user control on a page i get telerik undefined error due to which the node check event is not getting fired.

i have also added script manager tag in web.config file which is

<httpHandlers>
            <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.515.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"
             validate="false" />
        </httpHandlers>


please help to sort out this problem as it is very urgent for me...
thanks in advance
Poul Henningsen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 May 2008
1 answer
168 views
Hi,

Just a query as to how many appointments will be displayed in 'Day' view when there are multiple appointments with the same day & time. Is there a limit to how many get displayed or do they just get more squashed up?

Also is there any way of setting a scrollable area within the 'Day' view when there are multiple appointments for the same time, or a way to ensure the row expands vertically to fit all appointments in, without truncating the text?

Regards
Mike
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
1 answer
199 views
In one of the previous promethius builds the "set image properties" dialog could be used to inset a remote image.  That is no longer true as the "set image properties" no longer works without an existing image as a base.

The image manager itself does not allow one to specify a remote image as was frustratingly the case with the old rad editor.

First,
Does anyone have a work around for Promethius?

Second,
Why is Telerik going out of its way to prevent someone from inserting remote objects?  Why can I type in the image path text box if that input is ignored?
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
3 answers
139 views
Hi people

When the user select "show more" in the Month View the schedules changes the view to day view and shows the previous date instead of correct date. The code of aspx with the schedule is:

            <pro:RadScheduler ID="CalendarRadScheduler" runat="server" Height="578px" OnClientAppointmentInserting="AppointmentInserting"
OnClientAppointmentDoubleClick="AppointmentDoubleClick" Width="698px" ShowAllDayRow="False"
AllowDelete="True" AllowEdit="False" AllowInsert="True" HoursPanelTimeFormat="h:mm tt"
MinutesPerRow="15"  DataSourceID="AppointmentsDataSource" DataKeyField="AppointmentId" DataSubjectField="Subject"
DataStartField="Start" DataEndField="End" DataRecurrenceField="RecurrenceRule"
DataRecurrenceParentKeyField="RecurrenceParentID" OnNavigationComplete="CalendarRadScheduler_NavigationComplete" DayEndTime="18:30:00">
</pro:RadScheduler>
If the user uses the today link or the next and previous date navigation the schedules works fine.

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?