Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
97 views
Hi,

Short description of my problem:
I have an radwindow witch open a radWindow inside. When the top modal window is closed I want to call a javascript method.

function RwMyRw_Close(value)  
{  
    alert('hello');  
}  
 
<telerik:RadWindowManager runat="server" ID="rdWndMgr"  Skin="Office2007"             
        VisibleTitlebar="true" EnableViewState="true" UseClassicWindows="false" InitialBehavior="close" > 
    <Windows> 
        <telerik:RadWindow   
            ID="rwMyRw" runat="server" ReloadOnShow="true" Behavior="close"                 
            VisibleTitlebar="true" Height="550px" Width="600px" Modal="true" 
            NavigateUrl="test.aspx" 
            OnClientClose="RwMyRw_Close" /> 
     </Windows> 
     </telerik:RadWindowManager> 
 
 

First time I open and close the modal window it works ok, second time the same, but the third time it stops working. Same behavior every time.

Any idea why?
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
3 answers
585 views
Hi,

I am trying to export the data from RadGrid to excel. The grid contains link buttons. While exporting some images are also getting exported to excel.

I want only the text data.

I have set the following property before exporting

ContactListGrid.PagerStyle.Visible =

false;
ContactListGrid.ExportSettings.ExportOnlyData =
false
;
ContactListGrid.ExportSettings.OpenInNewWindow = true;


<telerik:RadGrid runat="server" ID="RadGrid1" DataSourceID="AccessDataSource1" GridLines="None">
<ExportSettings>
<Pdf FontType="Subset" PaperSize="Letter" />
<Excel Format="Html" />
<Csv ColumnDelimiter="Colon" RowDelimiter="NewLine" />
</ExportSettings>

In my grid the <Excel Format = "Html"> is not available. Only <csv> and <pdf> are available.

So I cannot change the formatting option.

How we can export the content without any images and in a plain text.

I am using the RadGrid of version 5.1.3.0. Please help me in this regard.


Regards,
Anil

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 29 May 2008
7 answers
147 views
Since Q1 2008 or the follwing bug fix tooltip no more shows an arrow. I find the property "ShowCallout", but it is set to True. What is the probllem here?

Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
1 answer
123 views
Hi,

I am developing a project on an XP machine using controls V2008.1.515.20. I have a master page and put the RadStyleSheetManager as well as the RadScriptManager in this form.

When I debug the application on my machine everything works fine but on the hosted web server all the telerik styles dissapear. When I remove the RadStyleSheetManager  from the master form everything appears normal.

The telerik.web.ui.dll is in the bin directory of the application and not in the GAC.

I was planning on using the RadStyleSheetManager to reduce style traffic of the radcontrols.

Is this the correct way to use the control? If so how do I get it to work?

Regards
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
1 answer
108 views
Hi all

I use IIS 7 with IE 7 explorer
with a page aspx  i add radNumericTextBox
when run this page
i enter value in textbox like 10000
and when release mouse from textBox it formated it like 10,000.00
and this is OK
when go to anther page and click button IE back to return to previous page i found this format like 10.00
when click into text box and release it become correct 10,000.00

how can solve it?

this case also happend when add radNumericTextBoc in Microsoft wizard
and use Next,Previous buttons
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
1 answer
112 views
Hi!

I have a grid that is migrated from RadGrid classic to RadGrid asp.net ajax where I want to use a dataset with (among others) three columns that are related but of which I only want to show one in the grid, but I want to sort the grid on the other two.

The columns are RatingCode, RatingText and RatingAggregate. The rows that have a RatingCode don't have a RatingText and vice versa. The RatingAggregate is the data I want to show, but I want that column to use SortExpression="RatingText asc, RatingCode asc", since the RatingAggregate column has mixed data and can't be sorted correctly (i.e. 1 before 10 etc).

The column is a GridTemplateColumn.

This worked perfectly in radgrid classic, but when I do it in RadGrid ASP.NET AJAX i get the exception IndexOutOfRangeException: Can't find the column RatingCode.

How should I do this in RadGrid ASP.NET AJAX?
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 29 May 2008
1 answer
229 views
I'm trying to disable the navigation for a GridDateTimeColumn, so far without any luck.

I've tried the code below, but it doesn't seem to work - how can I accomplish this?

  protected void RadGrid1_ItemCreated(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)  
  {  
    if (e.Item is GridEditableItem && e.Item.IsInEditMode)  
    {  
      GridEditableItem item = e.Item as GridEditableItem;  
      GridDateTimeColumnEditor editor = (GridDateTimeColumnEditor)item.EditManager.GetColumnEditor("column3");  
      editor.PickerControl.Calendar.EnableNavigation = false;  
    }  
  }  
 
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 29 May 2008
1 answer
193 views
Hi

I have a question about dynamic loading of controls...
I've got my application working fine using your example
at www.telerik.com/help/aspnet/ajax/ajxloadusercontrols.html

On loading, all my dynamic controls run initialisation code
which typically loads data into the controls UI from a dataset.

Using the example code below:

After the initial page is loaded, I then click on Button2
and the sequence of events is ....

1) ControlONE.ascx is first re-loaded in the "Page Load event".
    - LoadUserControl(LatestLoadedControlName)

2) ControlTWO.ascx is then loaded inside the navigation button "event" and ControlONE.ascx is removed.
    - LoadUserControl("ControlTWO.ascx")

It seems wasteful to re-create the previous control and run initialise code again...

Is this just the way it has to be done ?
I assume because this is happening on the server side then the re-loading of the original
control has no performance effect on the client side?

Regards

Martin Hoey


    Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
        If Not (LatestLoadedControlName Is Nothing) Then
            LoadUserControl(LatestLoadedControlName)
        Else
            LoadUserControl("ControlONE.ascx")
        End If
    End Sub

    Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        LoadUserControl("ControlONE.ascx")
    End Sub

    Protected Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
        LoadUserControl("ControlTWO.ascx")
    End Sub

    Public Sub LoadUserControl(ByVal controlName As String)
        If Not (LatestLoadedControlName Is Nothing) Then
            Dim previousControl As Control = Panel1.FindControl(LatestLoadedControlName.Split("."c)(0))
            If Not (previousControl Is Nothing) Then
                Me.Panel1.Controls.Remove(previousControl)
            End If
        End If
        Dim userControlID As String = controlName.Split("."c)(0)
        Dim targetControl As Control = Panel1.FindControl(userControlID)
        If targetControl Is Nothing Then
            Dim userControl As UserControl = CType(Me.LoadControl(controlName), UserControl)
            'slashes and tildes are forbidden
            userControl.ID = userControlID.Replace("/", "").Replace("~", "")
            Me.Panel1.Controls.Add(userControl)
            LatestLoadedControlName = controlName
        End If
    End Sub 'LoadUserControl

    Private Property LatestLoadedControlName() As String
        Get
            Return CStr(ViewState("LatestLoadedControlName"))
        End Get
        Set(ByVal value As String)
            ViewState("LatestLoadedControlName") = value
        End Set
    End Property
Martin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 May 2008
0 answers
109 views
Good morning,
    I have a problem with TabStrip in IE7 and Firefox.
I have the tabstrip with the tabs in horizontal.
When I have tabs that permit the move and there is a postback, it happens something very strange, the tabs that are beyond the scroll button appear bellow the first tabs, and after the reload they are set correctly.

How can I resolve this?

Thank's in advance.

PS: Sorry for my English.
Mário
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 29 May 2008
2 answers
133 views
I am trying to programatically modify a ToolBarButton which I declared in the ASPX page (specifically I want to set the Checked and CheckedonClick properties).

I can't seem to access the ToolBarButton, eg: RadToolBar1.Items(index).Checked = true doesnt work.

How should I achieve this?
judo
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?