Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
175 views
Dear all,

I have a RadPanelBar with 10 RadGrid inside it's template items.

Each one of these Grids might have up to 10,000 record each.
For sack of performance I decided to make the grids fill with data only on the Panel Item click and in order to keep up the performance I unload the previously loaded grid.

The Issues is that when you click again on the panelbar non of the grids show any rows at all.

Here is my approach:
I place each grid in one of the item template inside the panelbar.

I attached EventHandler to their OnNeedDataSource where I load the data.
protected void RadGrid1_NeedDataSource(object source, GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs e)  
        {  
            LoadData(Grid1);  
        } 

I create a method to unload the data from all the grids before filling any of them.

private void UnloadDataFromAll()  
{  
    Grid1.DataSource = GetDataTable("");  
    Grid1.DataBind();  
    Grid2.DataSource = GetDataTable("");  
    Grid2.DataBind();  
} 

and the GetDataTable.
public DataTable GetDataTable(string query)  
        {  
            if (query == "")  
            {  
                return new DataTable("");  
            }  
            String ConnString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["NorthwindConnectionString"].ConnectionString;  
            SqlConnection conn = new SqlConnection(ConnString);  
            SqlDataAdapter adapter = new SqlDataAdapter();  
            adapter.SelectCommand = new SqlCommand(query, conn);  
 
            DataTable myDataTable = new DataTable();  
 
            conn.Open();  
            try 
            {  
                adapter.Fill(myDataTable);  
            }  
            finally 
            {  
                conn.Close();  
            }  
 
            return myDataTable;  
        } 

What do I missing here ...
Greetings,
Waleed
Waleed Seada
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 29 May 2008
3 answers
140 views

Are there any built-in html formatters in the editor or do I have to implement one myself? The html produced by the editor is all lumped together and it's hard to match the open and close tags.

abdu
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
1 answer
115 views

I'm trying to bind my rad scheduler with database table data. The data is not getting binded according to the event date. All events gets binded to the current date instead of binding to their appropriate dates. I'm not sure if the DataStartField and DataEndField refers to the start & end dates or start & end times. I only have one date field ( "eventdate") & 2 time fields ("eventtime" & "endtime")  in my database.
Here is my code

 <telerik:RadScheduler ID="RadScheduler1" runat="server" DataEndField="EndTime" Skin="Office2007" EnableEmbeddedSkins="True"
            DataKeyField="EventID" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" DataStartField="EventTime" DataSubjectField="Title" GroupingDirection="Horizontal" StartInFullTime="True" ShowFooter="False" StartInsertingInAdvancedForm="True" MinutesPerRow="15"></telerik:RadScheduler>

<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server"
            ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:Calendar %>"
            SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM [EventsSites]"></asp:SqlDataSource>  

This is the first time I'm using Rad Scheduler, so this might be a silly issue too. Any help would be appreciated.
                   
              
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
1 answer
131 views
Hi

I would like to use the RAD form decorator control(s) to get a better look for the radiobuttons etc.

From the sample I saw, I put the Telerik.Web.UI.dll in my bin and made a reference in the project

I added this line on top

<%

@ Register TagPrefix="rweb" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>

Now when I try to use this

I see <rweb:RadAjaxLoadingPanel> and lot other controls but do not see the <rweb:radformdecorator>

The dll version is 2007.1.626.0 and the size is 1112kb

Please suggest.
Ashish

Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
6 answers
267 views
I need to build a RadComboBox containing a RadTreeView dynamically in the codebehind with nothing more than a placeholder on the aspx page. I am easily able to do one or the other, but combining the two seems to be a bit trickier. Has anyone attempted this before? Any examples if it can be done would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Paul
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
7 answers
194 views
Hi,
I noticed that in Firefox the headers did not align with the table cells in the radgrid. I have paging, static headers and grouping turned on. What I found out was if I set UseStaticHeaders to false the alignment is okay.
Is there anything I can do have the alignment correct and use static headers? I have read other threads regarding the alignment and firefox - but nothing worked - only turning off static headers worked (which I really don't want to do).
thanks!

joni
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
1 answer
102 views
Hi is it possible to do this:

Have a number of radtexboxes on a webpage declared something like this:

<telerik:RadTextBox Text='<%# ???  %>' ID="RadTextBox1" runat="server">

And then on an event [a button click for example] using Linq grab a row from my table and have it automatically populate all of the radtexboxes without having to do this a whole bunch of times:

radTextbox1.Text = MyTable.Column1
radTextbox2.Text = MyTable.Column2

and so on...

I guess I'm just asking is there a way to bind radtextboxes to a linq datasource and if so how.

Thanks.
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
0 answers
153 views
how can i clear RadCombobox at the client side .
my RadCombobox is inside the panel so how can i first access these Radcombobox.

 Pelase reply
manish
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 29 May 2008
4 answers
148 views
Hi,

My filtering function in radgrid not working fine. I'm using advanced data binding function. When i want filter by equal, it cant get the result that i want.
Let say i want filter by "3" using Equal To, inside my grid got two "3" records, but when i do filter by using "equal to", it returns no record. While if i do filter by "contains" it will returns me 2 records.

Please advice.

May i know is it possible to do trim function during filtering??

Thanks.

Regards,
Soo
soo
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 May 2008
3 answers
166 views
Hi,
  I am creating a

RadNumericTextBox

 at runtime(server side) and want to add a javascript function on textbox "onblur" event. I am doing it as 'Controlid.attributes.add()'

Now in javascript i want to put this textbox value to another

RadNumericTextBox

can you please tell me the steps that i need to follow for this.

Thanks
Raju.


Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?