Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
116 views
Hi, we are evealuating the demo Version=2008.1.515.35
We are runing into several issues using the RADGrid.
The calendar doesn't come up in datePicker.  Combo boxes do not load data.
We are retrieving and binding in the codebehind and are able to retrieve data okay.  We have followed examples closely but as soon as we go to edit, records disappear in the grid.

There is a javascript error stating 'line 467 "Sys" is undefined'.  I am assuming this is a Telerik Javascript function since I comented out all Javascript for demo purposes.  Actually, the only thing we are doing that is different than your demo is we have a Master Page.

Any thoughts?

(btw.  Gonna be hard to convince the boss to buy copies of your product when we can't even get a simple grid to work.)

Thanks
 
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 May 2008
1 answer
98 views

1- Open IE >> Tools >> Internet Options >> Browsing >> Uncheck Disable script debugging both.
2- Create a new web application.
3- Add new Rad Grid>
4 -Add new SQL DataSource >> bind it with any simple database table.
5- Bind the grid with the datasource.
6- Right click project >> Properties >> Web tab >> Servers >> Use IIS Web Server.

Run the project and see alot of these according grid configuration:
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6646/ssnn5.jpg

if you choosed to debug you would see the errors within resources builtin scripts. 

Note: these runtime errors does not appear when debugging using ASP.NET Development Server!!!

Vista Home Premium
IIS 7.0
VS 2008 Pro
SQL Server Express 2005
Telerik Rad Latest Version

Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
3 answers
126 views
Below is my web.config pages section that seems to break the intellisense when in the aspx.  Everything compiles fine, runs fine, but the intellisense is broken  When the telerik tagprefixes are removed from the web.config, the intellisense works fine.

Any ideas?  This seems to be a trivial change with an unusual impact.

<pages>
  <controls>
    <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
     <add tagPrefix="AjaxTK" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" assembly="AjaxControlToolkit, Version=1.0.11119.20010, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e"/>
    <add tagPrefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" assembly="Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.515.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"/>
    <add tagPrefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.Charting" assembly="Telerik.Charting, Version=2.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d14f3dcc8e3e8763"/>
  </controls>
</pages>
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
1 answer
220 views
Hello all,

I have successfully implemented load on demand within a radtabstrip as shown in the demos. This allows me to load pageviews on clicking the corresponding tab as well as preventing a postback if the content has already been loaded before by using the following code:

 if (args.get_tab().get_pageView()) 
 { 
       args.get_tab().set_postBack(false); 
 } 

Now, I'd like to restore the initial behaviour (allow postback) by clicking on the corresponding button allowing the pageviews contents to be binded to different data.
Any Ideas??

Thanks,

Martín


Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
4 answers
116 views
Hi, All:

I am using the Ajax Rad Grid, with SqlDataSource.  In the stored procedure
for select, I put:
     select from MyTable ... order by column1, column2, ...., column9.

Then, in my Rad Grid, I set:
         AllowFilteringByColumn="true"

But this does not work properly.  When I use the filter inside Rad Grid, it did not work as expected.

Please help.

Stanley Huang
Esperanza Ramos
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 May 2008
2 answers
251 views
I am having problems with the HoursPanelTimeFormat settings for the Rad Scheduler control.  I have a web application deployed to a webserver in the United States and a server in Sweden.

The server in the United States displays hours in the hours panel properly according to HoursPanelTimeFormat (h:mm tt).

1:00 AM
1:00 PM

The server in Sweden does not display the hours properly for the page.  The HoursPanelTimeFormat (h:mm tt) is ignored and the hours are displayed as:

01:00
13:00

Can you help me with this request?

Thank you,

Hilary

T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
2 answers
141 views
in my app i am use radtabstrip and radmultipage
in radmultipage view i am put my web user control
when the page is load that time my control is display but when
i am click on my image button on control page that time
the click event not fire

Nikhil
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 May 2008
3 answers
235 views
Hi. I am getting the following error message:

"System.ArgumentException: Columns specified by DataFieldID/DataFieldParentID not found." 
I have the ParentID column in my tables with no null values.

Can anyone please tell me why am I still getting this error and how to resolve it.
Please let me know if there is any additional information needed to understand the scenario.

Thanks.
           
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
1 answer
124 views

Right now only one checkbox can be checked and then the DDL closes so it must be opened to check or uncheck something else

Is there some way to tell the DDL not to close while scrolling up and down and checking/unchecking items? Only close when the parent DDL is clicked.

This possible ?





<
telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Team Assingments" UniqueName="AssignmentTree" >

<EditItemTemplate >

<telerik:RadComboBox

Width="200px"

Skin="Outlook"

ID="rtcombo"

runat="server" DataSource='<%#Eval("Assignments") %>'

OnItemDataBound="ComboItemBind" AppendDataBoundItems="true">

<ItemTemplate>

<asp:CheckBox CssClass="stndTextSmall" ID="cbAssignment" runat="server" />

</ItemTemplate>

</telerik:RadComboBox>

</EditItemTemplate>

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
7 answers
211 views
Hi,

I have installed the ASP.NET AJAX for MOSS 2007 5.0.0 trial. I have replacd the standard editor and everything works OK but I want to display the extended controls as only the standard set are displayed. The reason is I want to embed a FLASH file but that icon is not available.

Is this a code level or configuration level change?

Thanks a lot

Cheers

Tim
George
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?