Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
114 views
Hi
Is is possible to get access to the content that gets displayed in the Daterow for the month view? currently it just puts the day number, but for example, i want to make the day number into a hyperlink etc

Also, is it possible to control the content of a month view cell, but not in the sense of an appointment? I might want to display something that is not related to an appointment in the cell of month view.

For example, i might have some logic that says to display a certain link or image in the cell if their is more than 3 appointments that day, or some other generic condition

Thanks,
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
1 answer
175 views
How would I create a JavaScript-Function that checks all nodes in a tree and expands the tree at the same time?

And how would I do the reverse (uncheck all nodes and collapse the entire tree)?

Thanks

s.
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
2 answers
167 views
Ok, I upgraded from RADControls Q3 2007 to the new ASP.NET AJAX controls, and I'm fighting through a lot of errors and quirks in the new controls. I understand things have changed, but I'm having trouble with some of these items and I can't for the life of me figure them out:

1. RadToolBar - I added a toolbar to a test page, and a script block that include the following:

var toolBar = $find("<%= toolbar1.ClientID %>");

alert(toolBar);

and this NEVER returns anything excecpt null. I've tried every possible combination I can think of, and I get nothing. I'm trying to capture the click events client side, and if I can't get past this, I'll just have to get rid of the toolbar and use hyperlinks.

2. RadPanelBar - How do I align the images added to a panel bar item? They seem to auto align to the top of the item, yet the text seems to default to the center, and this looks bad. Where in the skin css can I change this, if at all? All I'm trying to do is duplicate the ImageAlign="absmiddle" attribute of .net controls.

3. RadGrid - I noticed the new grid control has a few eccentricities that I think are holdovers from prior versions. I only bring these up because I was hoping they'd be fixed by now: The grouping feature causes the first column displayed, which is empty, to be about an inch or so wide, and the grouped column still shows up in the grid, which seems redundant to me. Filtering doesn't seem to work at all.

These are just the ones I can think at the moment. But don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to rip the controls or the work you guys put into them, I'm just incredibly frustrated after trying to upgrade and getting stuck with what seems to be very simple issues that I just can't get past, especially the first two.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
1 answer
148 views
Hi, I am coming from ASP into asp.NET only now, and I am pretty new at it and at your controls.

I am building a pretty simple application, and I have most of the stuff covered, but I am just looking at the navigation. 

What I want is a tree view on the left of the screen and a datagrid on the right.  When the user click's on a nav item, "Open Call's" then the data grid will display the open calls on the HelpDesk.

I am sure that if I put a URL with a parameter in it, I can achieve this,  on a page load, but what I would like to do is only refresh the datagrid.  Similarly to you HelpDesk demo, except that I only have one Grid to update. When I DLed it i found no code behind the treeview.  Am I missing it? 

Can you please help or point me in the direction of an example?

Thanx
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
3 answers
115 views
Hi,

I use Image Manager dialog to upload and insert tiff file into blog post but
the image cannot be displayed. How should I do?

Dowload tiff file:
http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=35712

In the listconfig,xml
<property name="ImagesFilters">
   <item>*.gif</item>
   <item>*.jpg</item>    
   <item>*.png</item>
   <item>*.tif</item> 
   <item>*.tiff</item> 
  </property>

Best Regards,
lee
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
6 answers
301 views
hi

i have a radmenu in a master page and a radwindow in the main page which is always visible. the radmenu, when it opens, is unfolding behind the radwindow so it cannot be used. any ideas on a fix for this. all elements on the master and the main page are using prometheus exclusively.

cheers,
rob
Jeffrey Sylvan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 May 2008
4 answers
80 views
Hi, i have this problem.
If in my page i have one ragdrid and one tabstrip the event on tabstrip don't fire, but my page return only on the top.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2447/20080529145152qq3.jpg

IF i invert the positions... first tabstrip and then radgrid all work !

help me pls.
tnk's
Luigi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 May 2008
1 answer
173 views
I am trying to validate a textbox on a form.  What I want to happen is, if the user leaves this textbox without entering any data,  a tool tip to show as soon as they leave the text and give a message saying this field is required.  I got the validation summary to work after a submit button is clicked but how do I show the tool tip to appear right after the focus leaves the text box.

Thanks,
Stuart
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
3 answers
220 views
Where is the RadFormDecorator I have downloaded the 2008 Q1 .exe and installed?

Looking on the online help (as there is none locally!)

To decorate the form elements on a webpage:

1. Register Telerik.Web.UI namespace tagprefix:  (where is this dll?)

<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>

2. Add the RadFormDecorator server tag on the webpage:

ASP.NET Copy Code
<telerik:radformdecorator id="FormDecorator1" runat="server" DecoratedControls="all" Skin="Web20"></telerik:radformdecorator>
George
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
2 answers
119 views
I am using a  5 Textbox, 3 Dropdowns and 2 Grid Control with Item and EditItem Template in my page. But It is taking too much time to load a page. Also i tried to bind a dropdown using RadAjaxManager on another dropdown SelectedIndexChanged, it also takes more time to bind. Please send me sample sources to overcome my problems.

Regards,
Sakthivel
Sakthivel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?