Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
156 views
Why do the rows disappear after an edit, add, or refresh action?

 The Grid is populated in Codebehind from database with four rows.  I can even add an "edit row" in the grid pre_render event. 

this.RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Items[1].Edit = true; this.RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Rebind();

However, every time I try to edit an exisitng row, the postback does not keep the row's state.

So, what property am I not setting?

Thanks
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 May 2008
4 answers
155 views
I am new to Telerik and am working on a project using RadScheduler. I am trying to find a way to force the user to choose a resource when creating or editing an appointment (set a default resource to be displayed in the dropdown and eliminate "-" as an option in the dropdown list, but still allow user to change resource). Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Dean
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2008
1 answer
134 views
A grid is populated with data with changing column names; ie:
1) "Unit", "a", "b", "c", "User"
2) "Unit", "d", "e", "User"

To handle this the property "AutoGenerateColumns" is set to true.

For the columns a, b, c, d and e, I would like to have both the column header and the row values centered.

How (and where) do I access the columns in order to have the column header (HorisontalAign) and row values centered?


Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 May 2008
2 answers
170 views
I am a new user of RadCalendar for ASP.NET AJAX.
How does the RadCalendar find the skin specified in the html?
In my case I have these folders:
Solution
  WebSite
    Controls
       WH
           MyControl.ascx (contains radCalendar with Skin="WebBlue")

Where should I put the skin folder such that radCalendar will find it.
Also, is this the right hierarchy?

Skins
   WebBlue
      Calendar

John Davis
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 May 2008
4 answers
203 views
On my web site some users are getting a "Selection out of range" error on one of my combo boxes when I populate it with values.  I can' seem to reproduce this error.  Any ideas on what might cause this problem?  Below is the code that I am using to populate the combobox.    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Dim blankStreet As New mystreetTypeObject
Dim streetTypes As New myStreetTypeObjectList

With blankStreet
.AddressType = "N/A"
.TypeDescription = "N/A"
End With
 
'Retrieve the list of available street types from our database.
 streetTypes = GetStreetTypes()

If (streetTypes IsNot Nothing) Then
 
Dim stTypes As New List(Of mystreetTypeObject)

For Each streetType As mystreetTypeObject In myStreetTypeObjectList.StreetTypes

stTypes.Add(streetType)

Next
 
ddlStreetType.DataTextField = "Description"
ddlStreetType.DataValueField = "AddressType"

 stTypes.Insert(0, blankStreet)

ddlStreetType.DataSource = stTypes
ddlStreetType.DataBind()

Else

Throw New Exception("Unable to retrieve the list of available street types.")

End If

Rory
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 May 2008
1 answer
190 views
Hi,
I have a RadTreeView that has a SitemapDataSource as datasource. When I edit the treeview by dragging a node I change the changes back to the web.sitemap and do a databind() on my treeview and update the UpdatePanel it is in. The problem is that the changes doesn't show because the TreeView reloads the web.sitemap before it has been properly updated.

If I add System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(3000); the TreeView gets updated. Is there a way to raise an event or something when the web.sitemap has been properly saved and THEN rebind the TreeView? I'm not even sure it's the fact that the file hasn't been saved or if it is the sitemapprovider that hasn't been updated.


I was thinking that I might be able to do:
try { save the web.sitemap }
catch { handle error }
finally { databind on the TreeView and update updatepanel }


But it's still the same problem. I'm using updatepanels so a full page refresh is not an option. I would really appreciate if someone has a solution for this, it's been hunting me for weeks now and I really don't want to use the sleep-solution.
Jay
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 May 2008
1 answer
91 views
We use the standard Microsoft .NET user security and we have no problem when running the website on Visual Studio (debug mode), but after we upload the site to discountasp, we can login, but after we make any changes in the Telerik scheduler control, the application logs off the user. This happens every time. Any ideas? 

Thanks,
-Sam
Sam
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 May 2008
5 answers
200 views
I have a usercontrol that opens a radwindow on buttonclick.
The RadWindow returns some values to be populated on the controls on the UserControl page.

On a page postback however the values populated in the controls are lost.
 Why is this happening?
newbie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 May 2008
3 answers
113 views
Dear All!

I have a question. I am using RadAjax Manager, but maybe in other way this can happen.
For example: I have 5 TextBoxes and every textbox has TextChange Events:
TextBox1_TextChange...
TextBox2_TextChange...
etc.

And AutoPostback = "true" for every box.

At first when I chage TextBox1 text and loose focus, TextBox1_TextChange fired (this is ok), but when I Change text in Textbox3, every textbox's event handler fired which have Text.
Is it normal? How can I do just the Actual Textbox's event fired?

many thanks!
alsi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 May 2008
1 answer
124 views
The ASPxGridView control by Devexpress has a feature my client would like to use; can it be replicated in telerik Grid?
They call the feature 'Detail Tabs' and essentially allows a set of child data in a hierarchy to be displayed in a tab control inside the grid. There's a demo on their site under Master-Detail.
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?