Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
118 views
Hi,

I have added a new button on the toolbar.This button open a popup that allow the user to uplad a flv file but when I close the popup I have any value returned.

The popup contains the following informations:
- url of the videos
- widht
- height

I don't know how to get the values of these field when the user close the popup. Moreover, the parameter of the callback function still 'undefined'.

Can someone help me.

Regards.
Thank you

Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2008
8 answers
243 views
I have two questions regarding the Scheduler.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the best way to do role-based permissions with the scheduler? I need to make it so that only people in the admin role can add events. Probably the most obvious way would be to check the user's role every time a user tries to edit something but if there was a way that I could find their role and disable the editing function for them, that would be much better. I'm using Windows Authentication and there doesn't seem to be any kind of security like this built into the control itself.

Another thing that seems to be missing is the ability to register for appointments or events that are on the calendar. I was trying to figure out a way to implement a context menu with a menu item saying "Register for this event" or something, but nothing I tried works. Any thoughts? Maybe put a link to a popup window in the title bar (I hate using popups but if it's the best possible solution...).

Thanks.
Fabio Honigmann
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 May 2008
4 answers
178 views
Is it possible to get the oldvalue for the textbox on the server side, like you are doing on client side in this example:
http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Input/Examples/RadTextBox/Settings/DefaultCS.aspx

I would like to write all changes to a log.

Thanks



Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 May 2008
4 answers
161 views
I'm using a RadToolbar with a RadToolbarDropDown. The DropDown menu has several menu items to allow the user to Export the grid in different formats. The first time I click it to export the grid it works fine. The next time (right after) I click on the RadToolbarDropDown nothing happens. The DropDown menu doesn't drop. I'm not posting back and performing all the export in client side code. I thought at first it was the RadAjaxManager but I've since disabled it just to narrow it down.

Anyone else find this and have a workaround?

Thanks,

Richard.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2008
2 answers
190 views
I am having a bug reported to me about the behavior of our implementation of the Telerik Panel Bar. When the end-user is viewing a page, we have a visual indication to let them know where they are. (text is bold)

The problem comes with the user collapses a parent node, and then expands it again. The style sheet is no longer applied to the original node. I took this down to the bare bones and created a new web solution with nothing else except a panel bar and a Web.Sitemap. I choose a skin "Golden" so that I could tell the difference between a selected and unselected node. The problem was still present.

Is there a way to get the Rad Panel Bar to remember that a node is selected when it contracts/expands?

We are using RadControls for ASP.NET Q3 2007 for the 2.0 framework with RadPanelbar.Net2.dll version 4.3.2.0.


Create a Web.Sitemap
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
<siteMap xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/AspNet/SiteMap-File-1.0" > 
    <siteMapNode title="Root Node"> 
        <siteMapNode url="default.aspx" title="Home"  /> 
    </siteMapNode> 
</siteMap> 
Create default page
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"  CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %> 
 
<%@ Register Assembly="RadPanelbar.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="rad" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head runat="server"> 
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server"> 
    <div> 
        <rad:RadPanelbar Skin="Golden" ID="RadPanelbar1" runat="server" DataSourceID="SiteMapDataSource1"> 
        </rad:RadPanelbar> 
        <asp:SiteMapDataSource ID="SiteMapDataSource1" runat="server" /> 
    
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 

My test:
  1. Run the application.
  2. Notice "Home" is selected (white underline).
  3. Click "Root Node" to hide "Home".
  4. Click "Root Note" to show "Home".
  5. Notice that "Home" is no longer selected (black no-underline)

lewismoten
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 May 2008
4 answers
153 views
Is it possible to replace the scrollbars in the rad grid with the RadSlider or use the RadSlider to scroll the grid?
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2008
1 answer
126 views
Is it possible to enable adding images from the PublishingImages folder from another site? I want to use the Rad Image Manager, but it doesn't offer the same option as when adding Links using the Link Manager where you can browse the entire site

Is this what you need to use the standard MS image inserter for? If so, is it possible to enable both?

Cheers
Gavin
George
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2008
2 answers
157 views
Hi Guys,

I am having a problem with as ASP.NET AJAX UpdatePanel and I need to know if I could solve the problem if I used Ajax Prometheus instead.

I have a series of textboxes inside an UpdatePanel and I have tried to make it so that when you tab from one box to the next it fores a callback to do some validation.

The trouble is that when you tab from one box to the next the cursor disappears when the callback finishes and all focus is lost. The user has to click back into the box before they can continue.

Dos Prometheus Ajax have a fix for this problem or would it still be the same ?

Jon
alsi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 May 2008
2 answers
158 views
I have a radwindows in a page (default.aspx) showing that a page (default2.aspx) on that same page I have a radtoolbar showing a radWindows (Prompt) prompts this shows behind the radwindows. How do I make the rad is prompt and active front of radwindows? Both windows are modal.


MDLE
Marcos Damian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 May 2008
1 answer
115 views
Hi, hate to point out another package, but, I ama wondering if there is someway that I can get a menu control to look like the one here http://www.componentart.com/



Thanx
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?