Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
150 views
Hello,
I have two instances of the RadScheduler, like in your demo.  However, I need mine to act slightly differently in two ways that I cannot figure out.

1. When I click on a time slot in the month view scheduler, I want the day to be reset in the day view scheduler, but the only option I see is that onClientTimeSlotClick event, but I need to to be server-side, not client side, since client side cannot set the active day in the other scheduler.

2. I need the appointments in the month view scheduler to NOT take up the entire width of the day and stack on top of one another, I want to show as many instances of appointments as possible in the small area given, because most of my events will be all day events, so time during the day doesnt matter.

Any ideas, please shoot them my way.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2008
1 answer
105 views
Dear Sir,

Is it possible to replace default scrolling arrow to image?
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2008
5 answers
267 views
Can some one clarify the behaviour of these properties?

From the examples, it seems you can set them on a few levels, but I have found that some of these levels do not seem to work

E.g I have a Radgrid with a MasterTableView and a Details Table section with one GridTableView.

I had set the properties AllowAutomaticDeletes/Inserts/Updates to true on both of these levels, however it was only working on the MasterTableView level.

I then saw an example where they had set these properties on the level above the MasterTableView, i.e
<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" 
AllowAutomaticUpdates="True" AllowAutomaticInserts="True" AllowAutomaticDeletes="True" Skin="Web20"> 

Once i tried that, it worked. I then removed the properties from the detail table and it still worked (even though the documentation says that the default for these properties is false)

Is it supposed to be possible to set the properties individually for each detail table? If so, it does not seem to be working correctly

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2008
1 answer
131 views
Hi

In the previous version of RadMenu, i have used this for setting the width for the image: menuItemExport.LeftLogoWidth = "22px";

In the new RadMenu, this function is not possible. What is the alternate ?

best regards
toprak
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2008
11 answers
165 views
Hi,

SUB: Rad Tree conversion from 2007.2.1107.0 to 2008.1.515.20[Telerik.Web.UI.dll] versions

I have been using Rad Tree version 2007.2.1107.0 till now, But now I got to upgrade to 2008.1.515.20[Telerik.Web.UI.dll] version.
Below is the code that I am using for 2007 version and it is working properly.

Could you pls help me out in converting the following properties of 2007 to 2008 version 

                             AllowNodeEditing="false"
                            BeforeClientContextClick="ContextMenuClick"
                            SingleExpandPath="True"
                            AfterClientMove="ClientMove"
                            BeforeClientDrop="DropTest"
                            MultipleSelect="false"
                            CheckBoxes="false"
                            OnNodeDrop="HandleDrop"
                            DragAndDrop="True"
                            DragAndDropBetweenNodes="True"
                            AutoPostBack="True"
                            OnNodeClick="TreeNode_NodeClick"
                            ID="MenuTree"


I need all these properties in new version too like node clicked, Drag and Drop
I know that I need to use RadCodeBlock for Drag and Drop Javascript functions.

Pls help me out in this regard. It is bit urgent.
Kindly try to explain in detail.

Thanks,
--Srinath
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2008
4 answers
243 views
Hi All,
I'm working on a project where deployment of RadControls into SharePoint 2007 WebParts is essential.  I've followed the steps on the documentation site (http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/moss-deploying-radcontrols.html), but I am getting the following permissions error when I load my user control webpart into a web part zone: 

CreateChildControls_Exception: "Access to the path 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80\UserControls\myTreeControl.ascx' is denied."

I'm not sure if additional configuration apart from what is included in the documentation is neccessary.  Please help if you can.

Thanks,
John P.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 May 2008
6 answers
134 views
I used one of the Telerik Examples which had ContextMenus on a Grid and a Treeview,..Edit and Delete functions etc, Swap TreeNodes around,..
but as is in a form it runs perfectly,
but once migrated into a user control,..RadPanes and splitters removed and replaced with aspPanels, the Context Menus are unavailble (as is any drag n drop functionality.)

I have obviously left something out ..
OffHand?? any ideas/reason/...

I have added the code beneath, in case  :)

TIA
Neal

<!---Script for Drag n Drop funcionality -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="dragdrop.js"></script>

<!---Script for Form ContextMenu functionality -->

<script type="text/javascript">

function GridContextMenu(sender, args)

{

sender.Hide();

}

function RowContextMenu(index, e)

{

this.SelectRow(this.Rows[index].Control, true)

}

function ContextMenuClick(node, itemText)

{

if (itemText == "Rename Node")

{

node.StartEdit();

}

return true;

}

function MenuClick(sender, args)

{

if (args.Item.Text == "Rename Node")

{

var treeview = <%= RadTreeView1.ClientID %>

if (treeview.SelectedNode != null)

{

treeview.SelectedNode.StartEdit();

}

}

}

function MenuClose()

{

var menu = <%= RadMenu1.ClientID %>;

menu.Close();

}

</script>

<!-- content start -->

<div class="wrapper">

<div class="wrapper2">

<h3 class="browser"></h3>

<div class="wrapper3">

<radM:RadMenu ID="RadMenu1" runat="server"

Skin="Vista"

Width="60%"

OnItemClick="RadMenu1_ItemClick"

OnClientItemClicked="MenuClick" BorderWidth="0"

>

<Items>

<radM:RadMenuItem ID="RadMenuItem1" runat="server">

<Items>

<radM:RadMenuItem ID="RadMenuItem2" Text="New Node" runat="server"

ImageUrl="~/Images/new.gif" Enabled="false" />

<radM:RadMenuItem ID="RadMenuItem3" Text="Delete Node" runat="server"

ImageUrl="~/Images/delete.gif" Enabled="false" />

<radM:RadMenuItem ID="RadMenuItem4" Text="Rename Node" runat="server"

ImageUrl="~/Images/rename.gif" Enabled="false" />

</Items>

</radM:RadMenuItem>

<radM:RadMenuItem ID="RadMenuItem5" runat="server">

<Items>

<radM:RadMenuItem ID="RadMenuItem6" Text="Copy Node" runat="server"

ImageUrl="~DemoImages/copy.gif" Enabled="false" />

<radM:RadMenuItem ID="RadMenuItem7" Text="Paste Node" runat="server"

ImageUrl="~/Images/paste.gif" Enabled="false" />

</Items>

</radM:RadMenuItem>

</Items>

</radM:RadMenu>

<div class="innerWrapper" style="width: 80%">

<asp:Panel ID="RadPaneTreeView" runat="server"

CssClass="RadPaneTreeView" Width="80%" >

<div class="leftPaneHeader">Folders</div>

<radT:RadTreeView ID="RadTreeView1" runat="server"

AutoPostBack="True"

OnNodeClick="RadTreeView1_NodeClick"

Width="100%"

Height="99%"

BeforeClientContextClick="ContextMenuClick"

AllowNodeEditing="True"

OnNodeEdit="RadTreeView1_NodeEdit"

AccessKey="T"

DragAndDrop="True"

OnNodeDrop="RadTreeView1_NodeDrop"

OnNodeExpand="RadTreeView1_NodeExpand"

>

</radT:RadTreeView>

</asp:Panel>

 

<asp:Panel ID="RadPaneGrid" runat="server"

CssClass="RadPaneGrid" Width="80%">

<radG:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server"

AutoGenerateColumns="False"

GridLines="None"

Width="70%"

Height="90%"

OnItemDataBound="RadGrid1_ItemDataBound"

OnNeedDataSource="RadGrid1_NeedDataSource1"

BorderWidth="0"

>

<MasterTableView Width="70%">

<Columns>

<radG:GridTemplateColumn

HeaderText="Name" SortExpression="Name"

UniqueName="Name">

<ItemTemplate>

<asp:Image ID="icon" runat="server" />

<asp:Label ID="itemLabel" runat="server"

Text='<%# Eval("Name") %>'></asp:Label>

</ItemTemplate>

<ItemStyle BorderStyle="None" />

</radG:GridTemplateColumn>

<radG:GridTemplateColumn

HeaderText="Size" SortExpression="Size"

UniqueName="Size" >

<HeaderStyle Width="100px" />

<ItemStyle BorderStyle="None" Width="100px"/>

</radG:GridTemplateColumn>

</Columns>

<ExpandCollapseColumn Visible="False">

<HeaderStyle Width="19px" />

</ExpandCollapseColumn>

<RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False">

<HeaderStyle Width="20px" />

</RowIndicatorColumn>

</MasterTableView>

<ItemStyle BorderStyle="None" />

<ClientSettings ApplyStylesOnClient="True"

ReorderColumnsOnClient="True">

<Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" />

<Resizing AllowColumnResize="True" />

<Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True"

ScrollHeight="99.9%" />

<ClientEvents OnRowContextMenu="RowContextMenu"

OnRowCreated="RowCreated" />

</ClientSettings>

<HeaderStyle BorderColor="DarkGray"

BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1px" />

</radG:RadGrid>

</asp:Panel>

</div>

<radM:RadMenu ID="treeContextMenu" runat="server"

IsContext="true"

ContextMenuElementID="RadTreeView1"

Style="left: 2px"

OnItemClick="RadMenu1_ItemClick"

OnClientItemClicked="MenuClick"

>

<Items>

<radM:RadMenuItem Text="New Node" ImageUrl="~/Images/new.gif" />

<radM:RadMenuItem Text="Delete Node" ImageUrl="~/Images/delete.gif" />

<radM:RadMenuItem Text="Rename Node" ImageUrl="~/Images/rename.gif" />

<radM:RadMenuItem IsSeparator="true" />

<radM:RadMenuItem Text="Copy Node" ImageUrl="~/Images/copy.gif" />

<radM:RadMenuItem Text="Paste Node" ImageUrl="~/Images/paste.gif" />

</Items>

</radM:RadMenu>

<radM:RadMenu ID="gridContextMenu" runat="server"

IsContext="true"

ContextMenuElementID="RadGrid1"

OnItemClick="gridContextMenu_ItemClick"

OnClientItemClicked="GridContextMenu"

>

<Items>

<radM:RadMenuItem Text="Delete" ImageUrl="~/Images/delete.gif" />

<radM:RadMenuItem IsSeparator="true" />

<radM:RadMenuItem Text="Copy" ImageUrl="~/Images/copy.gif" />

<radM:RadMenuItem Text="Paste" ImageUrl="~/Images/paste.gif" />

</Items>

</radM:RadMenu>

</div>

<div class="footer">

<radA:AjaxLoadingPanel ID="AjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server" Height="75px" Width="275px"

IsSticky="True" >

<asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..."

ImageUrl="~/RadControls/Ajax/Skins/Default/loadingProgressBar.gif"

CssClass="UpdateImage"/> Updating...

</radA:AjaxLoadingPanel>

</div>

</div>

</div>

.cs
=====

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

//if (!IsPostBack)

//{

//Initial Direcory and Server on which it is...ex Dbase.ex Config settings Menu

initialDirectory =

WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings["DRM: InitialDocFolder"];

//##ToDo: Set the InitialDirectory according to User (DM or SAPS or MP or Roadsn or Traffic or Ambulance etc)

//..........into web.config

initialDirectory = @initialDirectory;

string[] Dirs = Directory.GetDirectories(@"C:\");

LoadTreeView(initialDirectory);

RadMenu1.FindItemByText(

"Rename Node").PostBack = false;

treeContextMenu.FindItemByText(

"Rename Node").PostBack = false;

// }

}


private void LoadTreeView(string folder)

{

RadTreeNode rootNode = new RadTreeNode("Root");

rootNode.ImageUrl =

"../Images/mailfolder.gif";

rootNode.Expanded =

true;

rootNode.Category =

"Folder";

rootNode.Value = folder;

rootNode.ContextMenuName =

"File";

RadTreeView1.Nodes.Add(rootNode);

CurrentDir = GetFileList(folder);

BindDirectory(folder, rootNode.Nodes);

}

etc

and 

protected

void gridContextMenu_ItemClick(object sender, RadMenuEventArgs e)
and 

private

void ChangeMenuItemsState(RadMenu treeviewMenu)
and

protected

void RadMenu1_ItemClick(object sender, RadMenuEventArgs e)

which handle the menu item clicked,  eg Copy Edit Delete, NewNode, DeleteNode...

Neal
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 May 2008
6 answers
281 views
Hi,

I had a problem with the fact that the height was set at 400px when radeditor was disabled via enabled = false.  I read a workaround in this thread http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bagbee.aspx which suggested using

if (radEditor.Enabled == false)  
        radEditor.ControlStyle.Reset();

in the code behind.  This worked great and cleared the height from the div if the editor was disabled.  However I just installed a hotfix 2007.3.1428 that I was issued to solve a different problem and now the above no longer works.

Can you please help

Darren.
Rob Heckart
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 May 2008
3 answers
162 views
I'm using a page layout with several rich-text site columns. The field controls which are using the MOSS ootb rich-text editor are displaying my custom styles which are defined in the HtmlEditorCustomStyles.css files. However the field control which is using the radEditor is not displaying theses styles.
I do not have a CssStyles.css file in the ...\RadControls\Editor folder.

Any ideas how I can configure the radEditor to use the styles which are defined in the HtmlEditorCustomStyles.css file?
George
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2008
2 answers
154 views
Hello,

Using a code similar to the TreeView in RadComboBox, setting the combo to AutopostBack, I am unable to Ajaxify the RadComboBox...because the RadComboBox wait a click in the browser window after selecting a treeview node before starting the postback.

I would appreciate a workaround for this, thanks for help.

CS
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?