Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
79 views
Hello,

I am getting this strange behavior where the group headers and paging footer show but do nothing when I click them... The rest of the grid works fine otherwise.

Any ideas what might cause that?

Mike
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 May 2008
1 answer
1.4K+ views
I have the following coding

    <telerik:RadTextBox ID="RadTextBox1" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" BackColor="Red" ForeColor="White" />
 <asp:Button ID="btnTest" runat="server" OnClientClick="populateNTLogin('test');return false;" />
             <telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="RadCodeBlock1" runat="server">
       <script  type="text/javascript">
       

         function populateNTLogin(arg)
         {
         var textbox = window["<%= RadTextBox1.ClientID %>"];
             textbox.SetValue(arg);
             return false;
         }
        </script>
    </telerik:RadCodeBlock>

On clicking the button, the value is not populated to the textbox. Any idea how to solve this

Baatezu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 31 May 2008
2 answers
173 views
I've got a radajax panel in a modal popup (ajaxcontroltoolkit). There is a button (html) in the radajaxpanel which has an onclick event which causes the panel to postback using the initAjaxRequest function specified in the API (control.ajaxRequest(args)).

This is working fine in IE but in Firefox there two postbacks occur (I have a breakpoint in the RaisePostBack event on the server, I get the same postback event twice in firefox) causing an issue with the rest of logic. Also in IE the appropriate loading panel displays whereas in Firefox it does not.

Any ideas?
Josh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 May 2008
1 answer
149 views
I need to be able to prevent a user from posting a form if they have entered an invalid date (5/121/2008) with the rad date picker. I added a CompareValidator and the form still posts, but with an empty value. When the form reloads, the date picker is empty.

I've simplified the code and found the problem still exists.

  • Enter a bad date
  • click the button
    • Compare validator didn't complain about an invalid date
    • Date picker is now empty
    • Label has a large number indicating the information was posted
      • represents the ticks of last time posted
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"  CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %> 
 
<%@ Register Assembly="RadCalendar.Net2, Version=2.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a1432cd341173140" 
    Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="rad" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head runat="server">  
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
      
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server">  
    <div> 
        Last Submitted:  
        <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Label"></asp:Label><br /> 
        <br /> 
        <rad:RadDatePicker DateFormat="MM/dd/yyyy" id="RadDatePicker1" runat="server" Culture="English (United States)">  
                <dateinput skin=""></dateinput> 
                </rad:RadDatePicker> 
        <br /> 
        <br /> 
        <asp:CompareValidator ID="CompareValidator1" runat="server" ControlToValidate="RadDatePicker1" 
            ErrorMessage="CompareValidator" Operator="DataTypeCheck" Type="Date"></asp:CompareValidator><br /> 
        <br /> 
        <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" OnClick="Button1_Click" Text="Button" /></div>  
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 

and the code behind ....

using System;  
using System.Data;  
using System.Configuration;  
using System.Web;  
using System.Web.Security;  
using System.Web.UI;  
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;  
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;  
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;  
 
public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page   
{  
    protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)  
    {  
        Label1.Text = DateTime.Now.Ticks.ToString();  
    }  
}  
 
lewismoten
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 May 2008
12 answers
316 views
I have customized the Office2007 skin for the RadMenu used as the main menu in our application. The menu control is on a custom control which is cached using the OutputCache directive.

I've set EnableEmbeddedSkins = False and added the client include for the CSS file from the MasterPage so that the stylesheet is set on all pages in the application. However, I'm getting a Javascript error when I navigate away from the homepage.My debugger breaks on the MicrosoftAjax.js file in its createCallback function. If I take off the output caching the error goes away.

I suspect this is because the menu script is not downloading? I've set EnableEmbeddedScripts = False and have added this to the MasterPage:

Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptInclude("RadMenuScript", "~/RadControls/Prometheus/Scripts/Menu/RadMenuScripts.js")

...but the problem is still occurring. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Terry

Keith Henkel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 May 2008
1 answer
86 views
Hi,

Moving from VB to .NET was using Far point Spread.

One critical feature for my app is ability to copy and paste between Excel and the grid and import of Excel files into the grid ideally including mutlitple worksheets.

I am willing to write some code for all this. But is it possible at all.

GK
Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2008
2 answers
155 views
I have a bar chart that displays just fine but need to add a tooltip for each "bar". The barchart's datasource returns two columns: item and percentComplete. When displayed, the item value is the X Axis label and the percentcomplete is the "value".
On both the itemdatabound and databound events, I was hoping to find the X axis label value so that I can run a query to get the information required for the tooltip text. However I cannot seem to find this value anywhere.

Example- a datasource row returns "Students" in column item and 33 for percent complete. The barchart's X axis label shows "Students" and the bar value is 33. However, on either the itemdatabound or databound event, I cannot find the value "Students" anywhere.
ChrisWalker
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 May 2008
1 answer
111 views
Hi,

When i place the radeditor in an update panel, and a partial postback happens on another update panel  in a different part of the page, the editor and its text get hidden first, and then they show up after the partial postback is completed.

Any suggestions, I am trying to use Q1 08 version

Thanks,
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2008
1 answer
320 views
Hi,

I have two pages one is the main with open another that is a RadWindow, at RadWindow have a Treeview, I would like when each treeview node is click one code behind at first page is fired and dont´t close the RadWindow.

Thanks



 
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2008
4 answers
132 views

Hi I've a MCMS RadEditorPlaceholder control that doesn't store content in mcms. Clicking on save just returns the open control minus the content. The template also has non-telerik Ajax controls. Can these be causing my head-aches? Thx ... Chris
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?