Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
256 views
I have a javascript function, confirmExit, that iterates through the controls on the page to see if changes have been made. It compares the values to an Array that contains the initial values. The function works great for text boxes, radio buttons and check boxes. I am trying to enhance it to work for the RadComboBox.

The function is below. I have not been able to change the function so that it detects whether the element is a radComboBox and then gets the VALUE of the radComboBox instead of the TEXT of the radComboBox.


  function confirmExit() {
    if (needToConfirm) {
       // check to see if any changes to the data entry fields have been made
       for (var i = 0; i < values.length; i++)
       {
           var elem = document.getElementById(ids[i]);
           if (elem)
               if ((elem.type == 'checkbox' || elem.type == 'radio')
                       && values[i] != elem.checked)
                   return "You have not saved your changes. Click CANCEL to go back and save your changes,"
               else if (!(elem.type == 'checkbox' || elem.type == 'radio') &&
                       elem.value != values[i])
                   return "You have not saved your changes. Click CANCEL to go back and save your changes,"
           }
           // no changes - return nothing
       }
   }
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
5 answers
216 views
I've successfully built a sophisticated web page using the RadTreeView as the primary navigation tool for that page.  It works great and in the process I learned a great deal about your excellent control.

Now looking at my overall app, I've come to the conclusion that the Microsoft Treeview is insufficient to serve as the left navigation menu for the entire app - ie. it just doesn't work properly!

So I want to convert things over to use the RadTreeView for this menu instead.

My web app uses a ASP.Net 2.0 Master Page, on which the navigation menu resides.

I'm curious to know whether there is a simple way to keep the node settings (ie. which are open and which are closed) when the app jumps from page to page.  I *think* I know of an elaborate way to do this but was hoping there would be a documented simple approach.

Sincerely,

Robert W.
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
2 answers
226 views
Hi

 I need to do a insert update,Delete in Rad grid.when i click the edit button in inline mode the text box will be appear in all the columns and 'Update','Cancel' button also be there.I need to set the validation group for this 'Update' button because if i click the 'Update' button in the grid all the other required fields outside the grid also validating.How to avoid that one?
vairam
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
5 answers
358 views
How in the name of the Gods do I do this?

I thought that it'd be nice and simple, something like:

var pb = $find("<%=PanelBar.ClientID%>"); 
pb.height = "200px"; 
Sadly, that doesn't work.

Nor does setting the style.height property of the result of "get_element()".

What I'm trying to do is have the PanelBar occupy the full height of a Splitter Pane with ExpandMode set to "FullExpandedItem". With this setting, you can't just set the height to 100% and expect it to work. The boys at telerik towers tell me that this isn't supported and it certainly doesn't work; you have to set an explicit height for the PanelBar to get any oversized child group to scroll.

Which leaves me back at the start of this message. How do I explicitly set the height of the PanelBar?

Why is it always the simple seeming things that take the time ...?

--
Stuart
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
3 answers
405 views
hi,
       I have lots of nodes in my tree. I want to integrate OnClick event such a way that when i click on particular node(node.Category=="Special") then raise the serverSide OnClick ONLY.
       What is the best way to do this. Obviously, i can filter it in the OnClick event but i do not want to do a postback if the node is not "Special". As i have big tree and only few nodes are "special". Thanks,

Regards,

Brendanwood Dev Team
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
9 answers
341 views
Hi!

I have been using RadEditor for ASP.NET for one year now and is currently  looking at the possibilities to upgrade to the new Prometheus release.

In some parts of my application I use a lot of editors on each page (10 - 15) but with rather minimalistic functionality. I use undo/redo/bold/italic/underline in the toolbar, one context menu for copy/paste, no need for spell checking and no need for any image- or document managers. The loading time is always an issue in this case. When testing the Prometheus version i find that the editors turns up very quickly on the page, but it takes time to initialize them (about 2-2.5 sec) and display the content. Actually, the total loading time for the page in this scenario is virtually the same as for the old version. Is there a way to reduce the time to initialize the editors in this case? I guess this minimalistic editor configuration is not the most common  among your customers, but for us, and our customers, it would be very nice if the loading time could be further optimized for this scenario. Since we get some complaints from our customers about the loading time we are concidering other, simpler editors with faster loading speed for this part of the application, but since we also want to be able to use the full editor functionallity in other parts, we would like to keep the RadEditor throughout our complete application.

I am currently using one Toolbar for all editors on the page, moving them to a specified div on the page, as described in http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-btggg.aspx. How can this be achieved with the Prometheus RadEditor? I also think this would be a nice feature to add to the product, with the divID as a property for the editor,or as a ClientSide API function.

When ToolbarMode is set to ShowOnFocus the toolbar is automatically displayed for the last editor on the page when loaded. How can this functionallity be disabled?

I have used an autoresize function in my application and the new AutoResizeHeight property is welcome but it has one flaw in the current version.
If the initial scrollheight is higher than the editor height, the editor is not automatically resized to display all text when loaded. This is done when the editor gets focus.

Why do I need to add the .tdf files in App_Data/RadSpell even when RadSpell is not enabled in the application?

Finally i think the Prometheus RadEditor will generally be a great improvement, but for us the loading time is still crucial for our decision to upgrade.

Best regards
Östen Lundahl

Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
1 answer
522 views
Hi

I need the close (behavior) button in the top of the rad window .But when the user click the close button no action need to be perform.That means user can not be close the window using this close button.How can i do that one?
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
1 answer
144 views
I have one RadGrid (G1) that updatest a second RadGrid (G2).  I'm having an issue with the G1_SelectedIndexChanged handler.  G1 seems to be posting back and the SelectedIndexChanged event is firing, but when I check the count of selected items [ ((RadGrid)sender).MasterTableView.GetSelectedItems().Count() ], the count is 0.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Lar

Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
8 answers
375 views
I would like to use the radEditor table functionality but also want the 'insert hyperlink' and 'insert image' dialogs from the SharePoint HTML editor.

I guess there are 2 approaches:
(1) using the radEditor and plumbing in the Sharepoint dialogs...I have done this to some extent by changing MOSSEditorTools.js. I noticed some code to do this already for the hyperlink manager
ie Change
RadEditorCommandList["MOSSLinkManager"]
to
RadEditorCommandList["LinkManager"]
...which plumbs in this code.

The problem is the getting the values back in when editing an existing hyperlink as this code is commented out:
//configObj.DefaultAssetImageLocation=RTE2_GetDialogParameter(strBaseElementID, "DefaultAssetImageLocation");
...any idea how to get the parameters needed?

I did something similar for the image manager, but same issue, not sure how to pick up values when editing an existing one.

(2) The seocnd approach is to use the radEditor table editing dialog in the out-of-the-box SharePoint control. I know you can add custom buttons in, but am unsure of what script to use to hook it up to the Table Wizard. Is this possible?



 

Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
1 answer
112 views
Hi ,

i have done coding in Insertcommand event in order to insert data in database. After data is enterd in database , Add new Record Panel is still opened up. and Grid is also not refreshed with new records from Database.

Plz tell me how to Refresh data in grid and close Add new Record Panel
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?