Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
328 views
Tougher than normal one I guess.

I have a MngrForm (.aspx) which happily loads uctls, from Radmenu, one of which is a tabbed uctl,..no problem,..this loads different UCtls into each tab on page load. No Problem.

I then use AjaxifySelf to ajaxify the grids in each of these UCtls loaded into the Tabbed UCtl. eg.

private void AjaxifySelf()    {
   RadAjaxManager ajaxManager = (RadAjaxManager)Page.FindControl("RadAjaxManager1");

ajaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(

this.FindControl("grvUserLogs"), this);         
}



The result,...(when i run it)  having inserted a row into the grid,...It Fires the LoadUserCtl on the BaseMain MngrForm,
which then tries to load the Uctl (which's grid is supposed to update, ) into the ContentPane of the Manager form, ..(It currently holds the Tabbed UCtl and should continue to do so.)

?? How / What do I set/do (on Ajax Mngr?) to prevent this, and just refresh my grid in the UCtl loaded into the Tab of the TabbedUctl without trying to get the Mngr to load it in place of the TabbedUctl????
STUMPED !! help

TIA
Neal

ie Mngr Form ->TabbedUCtl -->UCtl(+Grid,ajaxified dynamically)
and fires on Mngr to Load UCtl(Grid) to load/replace Tabbed UCtl.

The Mngr form has RadAjaxNManager included in HTML

aspx is as follows

<

body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<div id="FormDiv" style="width:100%; height:100%; border:solid ,1,gray">

<radA:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" >

<AjaxSettings>

<radA:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadMenu1">

<UpdatedControls>

<radA:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="TopContentPanel" />

</UpdatedControls>

</radA:AjaxSetting>

<radA:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="Radmenu2">

<UpdatedControls>

<radA:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="BottomContentPanel" />

</UpdatedControls>

</radA:AjaxSetting>

</AjaxSettings>

</radA:RadAjaxManager>

<asp:Panel

ID="TopNavPanel"

runat="server"

CssClass="TopNavPanel"

ScrollBars="Auto">

<radp:RadPanelbar ID="RadPanelbar1" runat="server" Width="190px"

Skin="Outlook" height="100%" >

<Items>

<radp:RadPanelItem Text="DM Admin" runat="server"

Expanded="true" Width="100%" BorderStyle="none">

<Items>

<radp:RadPanelItem runat="server" >

<ItemTemplate>

<radm:RadMenu ID="RadMenu1"

runat="server"

Flow="Vertical" Width="100%" Height="100%"

>

<Items>

<radm:RadMenuItem ID="TabbedUCtl"

runat="server"

BackColor="#404040" ForeColor="Silver"

Text="TabbedUCtl"

Width="100%" >

<GroupSettings ExpandDirection="Down"

Width="90px" />

</radm:RadMenuItem>

the CodeBehind is basic,..uses properties for SelectedUCtl as per most of the Telerik Examples..

Control Load ,CtlReload and 

RadAjaxManager1_ResolveUpdatedControls


The menu items click load the required userctl into the required ContentPane via the ReloadSelectedUctl property and the ReloadUserCtl() function.

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

//Recreacte the user control for each page-lifecycle since we are adding it dynamically to the page

LoadUserControl(

this.selectedUC);

}

public void LoadUserControl(string userControl)

{

//Load user control onto page

Control selectedUserControl = Page.LoadControl(userControl);

//Generate an Unique ID based the control path

string uniqueID = this.selectedUC.Split('.')[0];

uniqueID = uniqueID.Replace(

"/", "").Replace("~", "");

selectedUserControl.ID = uniqueID;

//Load control into Required Panel

//...and prevent controls from being loaded twice..weird error,..??

if (TopContentPanel.FindControl(selectedUserControl.ID) == null)

{

TopContentPanel.Controls.Add(selectedUserControl);

}

}

public void ReloadUserControl()

{

//Loads the UCtl from the Property,...usually set from the UCtl..hence Public property

TopContentPanel.Controls.Clear();

LoadUserControl(

this.selectedUC);

}


    



plamen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
1 answer
214 views
I have a RadToolTipManager and a RadGrid inside of an ASP.NET AJAX UpdatePanel, and I'm having two problems:

1)  AutoTooltipify = False is not honored on an async postback, but does work on a full postback.  I'm working around this for now by adding a dummy item to the TargetControls.

2)  I have AutoCloseDelay set to 10000 (10 seconds).  In IE 7, the tooltip does not close after 10 seconds (only when I move the mouse away).  It works fine in Opera, FireFox, and Safari.

Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
1 answer
125 views
Hello

If I choose some columns with spaces or special characters and try to group them in the Radgrid by dragging them to the orange bar, I sometimes get an error, sometimes get jumpled characters.

More Information :- 

I am using IE ver 7.0. And I am getting problem for this.

Also the same problem was seen in the Mozila firefox too, but the text was displayed and not as like the IE

Can you please look into this.

Regards,

Vinit
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
5 answers
140 views
Need a working sample of Multiple comboboxes in a RadGrid with All Editing functions.

We have a requirement of using the RadGrid for Bill of Materials where two columns need to have ComboBoxes and the 2nd combobox should populate data based on the 1st combobox selection.

Pls help

Thanks
Clement
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
3 answers
166 views

Is it possible fire File Select dialog from javascript?

I woud like to call RadUpload's select button from javasript.

Regrads,

J


Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
1 answer
160 views
Hi

We are trying to get timezones working in the scheduler component but for some unknown reason the date selected is incorrect .

our code is 

RadScheduler1.TimeZoneOffset = TimeZoneInfo.Local.BaseUtcOffset ' (Australia est melb)

RadScheduler1.SelectedView = Telerik.Web.UI.SchedulerViewType.WeekView

RadScheduler1.SelectedDate = Now.ToUniversalTime.Date

RadScheduler1.WeekView.HeaderDateFormat =

"dd MMM yyyy"


And when displayed , the selected date is Tomorrow ie not today

Are we missing something here.

We need to set the timezone as we have multiple users which we are trying to support in different timezones.

Any help is appreciated

Regards

Andrei

T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
4 answers
194 views
Hello guys

I'm new to RadGrid and to dotnet technologoy,
I tried implementing "google suggest" style filtering in a new website I've created,
I tried following your article but I didn't understand, what does it mean to extend the default GridBoundColumn?
how do I embed RadComboBox inside the filtering cell

Thanks alot.
n00b
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
1 answer
122 views
Hi, I am using the new AJAX suite to redevelop an online app previously coded for the asp.net suite.  The new suite looks great and is far easier to code.

I have a two tier table and need to identify when the child table is selected, I have implemented the "OnRowSelecting" event code but have been unable to find the property to get the rows parent table name.

ASP.NET code was as follows:

<ClientEvents OnRowSelected="RowSelected" OnRowSelecting="RowSelectingHandler" />

function RowSelectingHandler(index)
{
            if (this.Name == "Master")
            {
                return false;
            }
}

Can you supply the equivelant code for the AJAX suite please.
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
1 answer
192 views
Hi,

I have problem with raddock close command confirm. In code I have

dock.OnClientCommand = "dockClose_Click";
dock.Commands.Add(new DockCloseCommand());

and in JS

        function dockClose_Click(dock, args)
        {
            args.set_cancel(true);
            alert('aaa');
        }

But this doesnt work, alert shows up, but before I can click Ok on it raddock is already closed.
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
1 answer
117 views
I have a fairly simple drag/drop implementation (dragging rows from one grid to another). It works well, except that I can't figure out how to change the cursor when a row is dragged over a "droppable area". I'd like to show a standard + sign or something similar. I thought there'd be a property for this, but I can't find it. Is this missing or is there a simple fix for this?

Thanks in advance!
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?