Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
132 views
Rad combo is NOT working in firefox.
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
3 answers
277 views
Hi telerik :

I am working with a lot staff from telerik controls  so i have decided to use both  controls.

And my cuestions are :

  1. I want to use both in the same page, well i want to use both in the master page.

Must i use RadScriptManager and RadStyleSheetManager in the same page ?or does  RadScriptManager  its job plus RadStyleSheetManager ?

    2. About skins and performance in the web applications

I am using web20 Skin. but i am customizabling some components because all fonts shoud be verdana, so in  alltextbox,combobox. EnableEmbeddedSkins is  false  and i am declaring the css for customizable controls  in the head of the marter page in the following way :


    <link href="Web20/ComboBox.Web20.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="Web20/Grid.Web20.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="Web20/Input.Web20.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="Web20/Menu.Web20.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="Web20/PanelBar.Web20.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="Web20/TreeView.Web20.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />


My most important corcern is the preformance (the speed to load the page) and my cuestions are :

Should I use  RadStyleSheetManager for the other components (For components which I am not cutomizabling) ? (i think RadStyleSheetManager  is only working with embedded skins, tell me please if it's different )

Should I merge all css(all css which i am cutomizabling) in one in order to load the page  faster ?

      3. and my last cuestion is about customizabling components  for every instance or in the css.

My last cuestion is about what is load  faster.
 I can use embedded  skins and everytime that i use  a textbox i modify the font or I disable EnableEmbeddedSkins  and use css as above.
What is better ?

Thank you very much. Pepito

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
2 answers
134 views
I want when i click on one node ,a page  was shown. but when i trigger this event all nodes are shown one more time. what was the problem?????
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
1 answer
936 views
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet/grid/radgrid-telerik.webcontrols.gridtableview-virtualitemcount.html

I am having some issues getting custom paging to work with my RadGrid and in my searches came across the above link.

Possibly I'm reading it incorrectly but it seems like there are a number of conflicting statements on that page.

I believe it is the property I need to set to inform the RadGrid of how many total records can be displayed in the Grid. (Using custom paging my datasource will only ever have the 10 or 15 - pageSize dependent - objects that I am displaying at any given time). For example if I am displaying search results in a RadGridand there are 100 items matching the search criteria, but my PageSize is set to 10. Then I need to set the VirtualItemCount of the RadGrid to 100 so that it knows there are 100 records that can be displayed, even though my datasource will only be populated with 10 at a time.

Can I please get some clarification that my understanding is correct? It would also be nice if that page could be cleaned up as, at least in my opinion, its not currently very helpful.

Thanks.
Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
1 answer
132 views

Multiple resource view, - If I search for resources in  a date range, how do I get to show them all in one view?

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
1 answer
122 views
I'm new to Telerik RadControls. The app was developed with Q1 2007 but we upgraded to Q1 2008 and this isnt working since the upgrade:

I have a RadGrid with this:

<

ClientSettings >

<Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" />

<ClientEvents OnRowDblClick="OpenBusinessObject" />

</ClientSettings>


I double click on a row , it calls the JS code but breaks where I have Rows[index].

I've tried lots of things from these links:
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-mmcbk.aspx

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-mkttt.aspx

I've tried MasterViewTable, added ShowHeader="true", used uppercase, lowercase "Rows". But keep getting null for this.

function

OpenBusinessObject(index)

{

var props;

alert(index); // get an object here

var test = document.getElementById("ctl00_List_dgList_ctl00");

alert(test.rows.length); // gives me 22 rows which is correct

//var row = test.MasterTableView.Rows[index];  this didnt work. Get NULL

//alert(row);

var propsCol = test.GetCellByColumnUniqueName(test.Rows[index], "EditProp");  // error with Rows.[index]





Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
1 answer
238 views
I've taken the code from the following demo:

http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/Grid/Examples/Programming/Hierarchy/DefaultCS.aspx

and removed the Access data sources and replaced with .Net DataTables returned in a DataSet from a WebService.

The MasterTableView displays the correct rows, however when I attempt to expand a row to view the detail table the area just below the row drops down like it's trying to expand but nothing appears, just white space.

I've also tried creating 2 seperate RadGrids each displaying data from the DataTables and was successful.

Is there anything special I need to do to the DataTables before assigning them as DataSources?

Here's the code-behind (again almost exactly like the demo code except I'm using DataTables as my DataSources):

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

RadGrid RadGrid1 = new RadGrid();

this.PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(RadGrid1);

if (!IsPostBack)

{

DataSet ds = specTrackService.ReturnDepartures("L1");

DataTable dtShipments = ds.Tables["SRSShipments"];

DataTable dtContainers = ds.Tables["SRSContainers"];

RadGrid1.DataSource = dtShipments;

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.DataKeyNames =

new string[] { "ShipmentNumber" };

RadGrid1.Width =

Unit.Percentage(98);

RadGrid1.PageSize = 5;

RadGrid1.AllowPaging =

true;

RadGrid1.PagerStyle.Mode =

GridPagerMode.NextPrevAndNumeric;

RadGrid1.AutoGenerateColumns =

false;

RadGrid1.Skin =

"Office2007";

RadGrid1.GroupingEnabled =

true;

RadGrid1.ShowGroupPanel =

true;

RadGrid1.ClientSettings.AllowDragToGroup =

false;

RadGrid1.ClientSettings.AllowColumnsReorder =

true;

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.PageSize = 5;

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Width =

Unit.Percentage(100);

GridBoundColumn boundColumn;

boundColumn =

new GridBoundColumn();

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);

boundColumn.DataField =

"ShipmentNumber";

boundColumn.HeaderText =

"Shipment Number";

boundColumn =

new GridBoundColumn();

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);

boundColumn.DataField =

"Description";

boundColumn.HeaderText =

"Description";

boundColumn =

new GridBoundColumn();

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);

boundColumn.DataField =

"DepartureTime";

boundColumn.HeaderText =

"Departure Time";

boundColumn.ItemStyle.Width =

Unit.Pixel(125);

boundColumn =

new GridBoundColumn();

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);

boundColumn.DataField =

"ScheduledArrivalTime";

boundColumn.HeaderText =

"Scheduled Arrival Time";

boundColumn.ItemStyle.Width =

Unit.Pixel(135);

boundColumn =

new GridBoundColumn();

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);

boundColumn.DataField =

"ActualArrivalTime";

boundColumn.HeaderText =

"Actual Arrival Time";

boundColumn.ItemStyle.Width =

Unit.Pixel(125);

boundColumn =

new GridBoundColumn();

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);

boundColumn.DataField =

"Status";

boundColumn.HeaderText =

"Status";

boundColumn =

new GridBoundColumn();

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.Add(boundColumn);

boundColumn.DataField =

"SpecimenVolume";

boundColumn.HeaderText =

"Spec Volume";

//details table - Containers for a shipment

GridTableView tvContainers = new GridTableView();

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.DetailTables.Add(tvContainers);

tvContainers.DataSource = dtContainers;

tvContainers.DataKeyNames =

new string[] { "ContainerNumber" };

tvContainers.Width =

Unit.Percentage(100);

GridRelationFields relationFields = new GridRelationFields();

tvContainers.ParentTableRelation.Add(relationFields);

relationFields.MasterKeyField =

"ShipmentNumber";

relationFields.DetailKeyField =

"ShipmentNumber";

boundColumn =

new GridBoundColumn();

tvContainers.Columns.Add(boundColumn);

boundColumn.DataField =

"ContainerNumber";

boundColumn.HeaderText =

"Container Number";

boundColumn =

new GridBoundColumn();

tvContainers.Columns.Add(boundColumn);

boundColumn.DataField =

"Status";

boundColumn.HeaderText =

"Status";
}

Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
2 answers
110 views
Dears at the forum,

is it possible to view the documentation of an older version of telerik that is being used at a customer?  RadAjax.Net2.dll has a version 1.7.2.0. 

I would very much appreciate a hint on this issue!

Best regards

NB
N
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
1 answer
92 views
hi team
i faced this problem and i donno how i can solve it
the cas is

Collapse all the Rad Dockable Objects in my page--> myraddockable1.visible = false; --> then save state --> myraddockable1.visible = true;

the myraddockable1 still hidden, till i delete the saved state
hope u got my points

thanx in advance
Asmaa
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
1 answer
120 views
Hi all,

I have a radGrid with an edit button.  When the Edit button is clicked, I use the user control technique to update the data using radtextbox, raddateinput, radcombobox, etc.  This all works great.  But now I need to add an HTML input control to the user control.  My question is, how do I retrieve this value when the update button is clicked?  For example, here is the line of vb.net code I use to retrieve Telerik and ASP.Net control values:

Dim

MyUserControl As UserControl = CType(e.Item.FindControl(GridEditFormItem.EditFormUserControlID), UserControl)

And then I do something like this to get the value from MyUserControl:

CType

(MyUserControl.FindControl("tbEntityID"), TextBox).Text)

So how can I retrieve the value of this HTML Input control:

<

input id="HiddenEntityID" style="width: 73px" type="text" />


Thanks,
Bob

Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?