Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
129 views
Hi,

   I've got some demo RadGrids tied to large datasets (4000+) and I've noticed that sometimes the excel export bombs (not a telerik problem, more of a server memory or timeout problem).  What I was hoping to do was to use a Grid event (I'm guessing onDataBound) to check how many data items exists, and if there are more then say 4000 items I would like to disable the excel export link.  I'm having problems figuring out how to navigate to the link programmatically.  Any prointers or code snippets would be helpful.

Thanks.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
3 answers
138 views
I have two grids and paging enabled in first grid.

If i select a letter in the first grid Pager ,  second grid should also get affected with the selection.But the second grid is not affected with the paging at all.



This is what iam doing

In the ItemCommand Event of First grid Iam rebinding the first grid and rebinding the second grid. But only first grid is affected with the paging, not the second grid.

What needs to be done.

Thanks in advance.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
1 answer
257 views
How can an GridDropDownColumn show an empty item at the top of the list resulting in the value "NULL" being passed back to the Stored Procedure performing the INSERT-Operation?

Thanks

s.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
1 answer
101 views
Hi,

  Since I am using MS Access 2007, I cannot use the AccessDataSource control 
(It won't recognize 2007 databases—Odd!), so I have to write the data 
connection to select the record(s) that I want to bind to the radgrid.   I can't find any help with writing  the  select command (I think 
it should be like this:  "SELECT [ScheduledDay], [Date], [Campus], [Room], 
[Seats] FROM [Schedule1] WHERE ([SessionID] = ?)"  However, I am not sure how 
to bind the query to a textbox.  Can anyone explain to me the coding for 
Visual Basic?  I am assuming that I have to set up some parameter command, 
but I can't find any examples that I can learn from.

Thanks,
Anthony
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
1 answer
188 views
Is it possible now, or will it be possible in the future, to use FormDecorator to style the label text that accompanies e.g. a radio button or a check box when that item is disabled?

I have looked through the css and can't see where it might be done, so assume that it is automatically done by the browser, as normally with disabled radio buttons and checkboxes in HTML.

I would really like to disable my checkboxes and radiobuttons so they can't be clicked but have the text display normally, in black or any other colour, without being greyed out.

Any help appreciated.
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
2 answers
141 views
Hi,

Our CMS product has two components. An editor (inside the safe network) which authors edit content, including creating events and appointments in the RadScheduler. This information, including RadScheduler XML is then taken and sent to another non-secure site for display. This "live" site utilises the RadScheduler content in a variety of ways, none of which are actually shown in the RadSchduler UI. One of these usages is integrated search.

My question is, what is best best way to query the RadScheduler data server-side, i.e. "I want all the Appointments that occur (or have re-occurrance) within a particular date range".

Currently I am using  the .Appointments.GetAppointmentsInRange(startDate, endDate) on the RadScheduler class - I am wondering if there is another more efficient way to do this without having to instanciate a RadScheduler every time (the search engine doesn't have  UI component - the RadScheulder will not be inserted into a page *anywhere* on the live site). Maybe something on the provider directly (XmlSchedulerProvider)?

Also if instanciating RadScheduler every time is the best (only) way, is it thread-safe so I can make it a singleton object to save space on the heap (and inevitable data load and other startup overhead as the data grows over time)?

Efficiency is key here, our search engine has to copy with a very high volume, and it cannot have a performance hit after we integrate this new "events" search feature.

Thanks in advance,

Jordan.
Ross Miles
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Jun 2008
1 answer
96 views
I have a list of users as resources, when I group by users the appointments don't show but the datasource has a list of appointments (33) and the databind works fine and doens't throw any errors yet they don't show. When I don't group by resource then the appointments for a single user do show.

Any help?
Cheers Jon
Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Jun 2008
7 answers
245 views
Hello All,
I have build a complex interface with many RadControls on it.

I finally loaded a usercontrols dynamically, when I receive this error message:
Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: the message from the server can not be parsed .........
Details: error parsing near 'Telerik.Web.UI.2008'

The message appears randomly, I don't know where could be the issue ...

Best regards
Waleed
Waleed Seada
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 01 Jun 2008
1 answer
71 views
RadControls : Both asp.Net & asp.Net AJAX Installation

Can I install both versions on a development machine?  It is running IIS 7 and I use  Visual Studio 2008 under Windows Vista.

The Server itself is running Windows 2003.

Both utilize asp.Net v2

Thanks

Baatezu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 01 Jun 2008
2 answers
391 views
I would like to create a DropDownList that has nothing more than a down arrow next to the current Item, which is displayed only with a single word.  The effect I am trying to achieve is shown here...
http://weblog.morosystems.cz/ostatni/dropdown-xhtml-css-javascript-replacement-of-classic-selectbox

Would this be possible using RadComboBox and a custom skin?  Important tweaks to achieve the effect are:
1) hide borders completely.
2) set the width of the RadComboBox to the width of the currently selected word (the dropdown portion needs to be longer - to support non-selected long words).

Any pointers on how to achieve this?
Kyler
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?