Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
146 views
Hello,
I am creating several RadGrid's (latest version) in a page  programmatically (in Page_Init). - which means the grid's are recreated on every postback. (and rebinded on each postback).
My problem is when I try to extract values ( I am using InPlace edit mode ) after the update button is clicked  - I am posting back the page - so the grid's are recreated again and when I finally reach my UpdateCommand listener function all I see in any extracted filed is " ".
I think I am loosing my new values because of the recreation and/or rebind.
But if I don't do that, my page does't know the grid's.

Please help me - I have tried everything ...
thanx,
Revital

p.s.
I have to create all grid object and datasource programmatically.
Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jun 2008
4 answers
149 views
I have a composite server control that I built using the previous version of the Rad Controls. It has an AjaxManager in it, that is created in the CreateChildControls event. My problem is that I get an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error, whenever I try to add ajax settings to the AjaxManager. I have tried doing so in the CreateChildControls event (where I did it with the previous version of RadControls) and in the PreRender. Both places return the same error.

How can I use the new AjaxManager in a composite server control and add ajax settings to it?
Cyber High
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Jun 2008
7 answers
275 views
Is it possible to call a modalpopup from within an appointment because it doesn't seem to work.

Also, is it possible to have a div within an appointment which expands outside of the edges of the appointment?

Cheers
Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Jun 2008
5 answers
258 views
When a RequiredFieldValidator is applied to a RadDatePicker control the validator's Text is displayed when the user enters the field, does not change anything and leaves the field.  This should not be happening since the text has not changed from the default.  How can I workaround this?

Here's an example:
<telerik:RadDatePicker ID="RadDatePicker1" runat="server"> 
        </telerik:RadDatePicker> 
        <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="DateReq" runat="server" ControlToValidate="RadDatePicker1" Text="*" ErrorMessage="Date is a required field" /> 
        <br /> 
        <telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="RadNumericTextBox1" runat="server" ShowSpinButtons="true"> 
        </telerik:RadNumericTextBox> 
        <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="NumberReq" runat="server" ControlToValidate="RadNumericTextBox1" Text="*" ErrorMessage="Number is a required field" /> 
        <br /> 
        <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox> 
        <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="RequiredFieldValidator1" runat="server" ControlToValidate="TextBox1" Text="*" ErrorMessage="Text is a required field" /> 
        <br /> 
        <asp:Button ID="submit" runat="server" CausesValidation="true" Text="Submit" /> 
         
        <asp:ValidationSummary ID="ValidationSummary1" runat="server" DisplayMode="List" ShowSummary="true" /> 

Missing User
 answered on 05 Jun 2008
3 answers
112 views

Hello,

I have a RadDockZone inside asp:Panel and an AjaxSetting for update the controls. After drag any Dock into this zone the drag funcionality is disabled

Greetings.

The Code:

telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="rax_Manager" runat="server">

  <AjaxSettings>
         
<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="cbo_Buscar_Entidad">
             
<UpdatedControls>
                   
<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="pan_Buscar"     
                            LoadingPanelID
="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />
              
</UpdatedControls>
         </telerik:AjaxSetting>
   </AjaxSettings>
</telerik:RadAjaxManager>

.....

   <table>
        <tr>
            <td style="padding-left: 120px; vertical-align: top; text-align:center">
                    <asp:Panel ID="pan_Buscar" runat="server" >
                        <telerik:RadDockZone Skin="Vista" 
                                                                
runat="server" 
                                                                 
ID="rdz_Buscar" 
                                                                
Orientation="Horizontal"
                                                               
Height="110px" 
                                                                
Width="120px" 
                                                                BorderStyle="Dotted">
                       
</telerik:RadDockZone>
                 
</asp:Panel>
           
</td>
         
</tr>
  
</table>

Santiago Rial Iglesias
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Jun 2008
5 answers
162 views
I have

 <telerik:RadToolbar ID="mainToolbar" runat="server" Skin="Green"> 
        </telerik:RadToolbar>

with C#
 if (!Page.IsPostBack)
        {
            mainToolbar.LoadContentFile("xml/MainToolbar.xml");
        }

and XML

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<radToolBar>
  <Button Text="Save" />
  <Button Text="Load" />
</radToolBar>


The toolbar displays the same way that it displays when you don't give it any items.  "Save" and "Load" are nowhere to be seen.
Ed Bassin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Jun 2008
3 answers
250 views
Hi.

I am using a radscheduler in a radtabstrip. When I first load the page, i get an error on the following javascript function:

Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.ResourceGroupedWeekModel.prototype={initialize:function(){

var _3=this._owner.get_resources();

for(var i=0;i<_3.length;i++){

this._weekModels[i]=new Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.WeekModel(this._owner,this._rawModelData);

this._resources[i]=_3[i];

}

The tab of the radscheduler isn't the default tab, butit shouldn't make any difference. I take a projectID from a dropdownlist as a parameter to populate the scheduler.

This dropdonwlist is not selected at load time. I have set a default value in the radscheduler but still no luck.

Once I select a value in the dropdownlist, the error disappears. It is only when I 1st load the page.

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jun 2008
1 answer
135 views

Hi

I created custom rich text box control which is  using the RadEditor inside that. In that i am using PeterBlum.VAM for validations.

I have placed the newly created custom control in asp.page and made it as required filed. while submitting the form with empty RadEditor the Vam message is incorrect.

I am reading the message from resource file. Below mentioned is the message.

You need to enter between {MINIMUM} and {MAXIMUM} characters; you entered {COUNT}.

Here my problem is count  variable is not replacing with 0, it coming as undifined.

Please address this issue asap.

Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jun 2008
2 answers
72 views
Is it possible to have an appointment "Stretch" over each day that it is occuring on instead of showing up once for everyday the appointment is on?  I would like to show appointments as they are viewed on the timeline, but on the month view portion of the scheduler.

Thanks.


Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jun 2008
3 answers
154 views
I am evaluating the ASP.NET RAD Controls package and I have a menu control on a form. It displays OK on my devlopment pc. But when the test page is moved to a test server, it loose all its formating and dispalys as an unordered list. The Telerik.Web.UL.dll and Telerik.Web.UL.xml are in place on both machines. So, what am I missing?

Also the same test page has an AJAX implemented grid control with an XML data source. On my deveopment machine all is well, but on the test server, the grid does not display formated until you click an edit or delete link fir an item in the grid. What's up with that?

Thanks in advance,

K.E.

Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?