Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
6 answers
574 views

Hi,

I want to have grid dimensions height=100% and width=100% so that my grid fits to any container that i put.
But if i allow scrolling grid immediately collapses. I have tried "Changing grid ScrollHeight at runtime to fill its container height" in grid document also but it didnot solve my problem.

I try all possible page directives( like 

<!

DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

)

Thanks for your help

Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2008
1 answer
121 views
Is there a way to disable client-side validation on a form when the user selects filter option?  Something like the CausesValidation=false property on standard controls?

Thanks
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2008
3 answers
225 views
Im having a strange problem with recurring appointments. If I select DAY view, and ad a recurring appoinment that will occur every second hour, and set no end date, it shows correctly on that day, but when I swith to Week view or Month view, the recurring appointment does not show. The same happens if I select Week view. If I ad a recurring appointment that will occur every day or every hour, the recurring appointment does only appear on the selected week.

The RecurrenceRule looks like this in the database:
DTSTART:20080602T0700000Z
DTEND:20080602T0800000Z
RRULE:FREQ=DAILY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=MO,TU,WE,TH,FR
EXDATE:20080604T0700000Z,20080603T0700000Z

The strangest this is that if i choose Month view, and ad an appointment on a day where a recurrent appointment have been added but doesn't show, it suddenly shows.

Have I missd something?
Inge Wandsvik
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Jun 2008
4 answers
136 views
Hi,

I have several RadDatePicker and RadTimePicker controls where I specify a width of 100px. Safari Mac and Safari PC is not recognizing this width while other browsers do. If I inspect the input field in Safari, it has a width of 149. This shows up under "computed styles." Is there a fix or workaround for this?

Thanks,
Mark
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2008
2 answers
90 views
i know it combines both 2.0 & 3.5 framework, does this mean it will only run on vs2008?

or will it still run on vs2005? i do not have vs2008 installed on my dev pc as yet

reason i ask, i just downloaded the trial version  "RadControls_for_ASP.NET_AJAX_2008_1_515_trial.exe" but on trying to run it i get a prompt "Error reading setup initialization file", then another "1158:"

Cheers,
Craig



Craig Gamble
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Jun 2008
1 answer
91 views
hiya,

I see that telerik are going to make integration with the new Visual Studio2008 Dynamic data sites:

Below is a quote that's taken from http://www.asp.net/dynamicdata/

"Telerik, the company that makes the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX suite, has made custom field template controls that take advantage of Telerik controls. The company is also working on integrating Dynamic Data into their grid control."

Do you have any timescales for this, or have you already done it?

If so, where are the URL's so that I can have a look?

many thanks,

yogi
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2008
3 answers
154 views
My team is currently migrating to the ASP.NET AJAX controls.

We are currently experiencing an issue with the RadGrid's paging.  We would like to continue with our current functionality moving forward.

We have a paging item that we have added to give users access to the first page of the paging directly.  To accomplish this, there is a LinkButton added directly in front of the "previous page" button.

As an example:


protected void SearchGrid_ItemCreated(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Item is GridPagerItem)
{
//These control the footer of the grid where the page change can be displayed 
Label ChangePageSizeLabel = (Label)e.Item.FindControl("ChangePageSizeLabel"); 
 
//Created a "First Page" button
LinkButton btnFirst = new LinkButton(); 
btnFirst.Text = "&laquo;"; 
btnFirst.CommandName = "Page"; 
btnFirst.CommandArgument = "First"; 
 
//Add the button to the control 
ChangePageSizeLabel.Parent.Parent.Controls.AddAt(0, btnFirst);
}
}

After the update, this isn't adding the button back in the correct position.  It looks as though getting a reference to a label isn't going to work, as the paging is seen contained with the PagerLeft_Office2007 class.

How can I accomplish this with the update?  Also, I am aware of the Pager Template, but I do not see a reason to implement one for this minor update.  If it at all possible I would like to simply modify this managed code.

Thanks!
Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2008
4 answers
174 views
In my example that I am trying to complete I have two grids, and I drag items from grid "FROM" to grid "TO". (drag and drop)

Once I drag an item from grid "FROM" into "TO", I would like to "filter" out the item so it no longer shows in the grid "FROM".

I can't however just remove it from "FROM" data source, because the user can search again, and the items will show back in the DS.

Here is a example of the filter command that I currently call, after moving items
From the "FROM" grid to the "TO" grid
            // Create a list of items to filter by (for the the main search grid) 
            string strItemsToFilter = ""; 
            foreach (ITEM item in GridToDS) 
            { 
                strItemsToFilter += "([UniqueObjectID] <> '" + item.UniqueObjectID + "') AND "; 
            } 
 
            // Remove " AND " from the filtered items list 
            if (strItemsToFilter.Length > 0) 
                strItemsToFilter = strItemsToFilter.Substring(0, strItemsToFilter.Length - 5); 
 
            grdFROM.Columns.FindByUniqueName("UniqueObjectID").CurrentFilterValue = strItemsToFilter; 
 
            grdFROM.Rebind(); 


Any help would be greatly :-)

Thanks!
Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2008
10 answers
203 views
I have an asp.net application that produces a grid... one of the items in the grid is a link to "view docs".. if this link is pressed.. a process is fired off where asp.net calls out to SAP and takes you to another page and if there are docs available, puts them in a grid.. My clients do not want "view docs" to appear unless there are actual docs to view..

If i made the call for each item in the grid to sap to determinw this,  it would take a very long time to load... how can i make the call in ajax so that the grid loads normally and then goes down the list of items and makes an asynchronous call to get the "view docs" data...if there is no data, i would of course leave the link not visible...

I would make the column a template... put an ajax panel with a hyperlink... but then how would i make the call so that it wouldn't tie up the grid and let the rest it load?

any help would be appreciated...


Jeff
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2008
1 answer
106 views
I'm looking to build a outlook style grouping in the RadGrid, and i followed the example in http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Grid/Examples/GroupBy/OutlookStyle/DefaultCS.aspx

I want the header to just say "March 28" instead of "Received from date: Monday, March 28, 2005".

How do i do this?

Thanks!


Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 06 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?