This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

2008.1.515.35 Publish Bug

19 Answers 263 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 2
Brad asked on 23 May 2008, 01:55 AM
Hi Everyone,

I recently upgraded from 2008.1.415.35 to 2008.1.515.35 (SP1); everything appeared fine until I tried to publish my latest changes to our server.  Published version does not apply Skins that are contained in the Telerik.Web.UI resource file.

If you are having this issue, just revert back to version 2008.1.415.35.  I’m sure telerik will come up with a fix soon…

Cheers,
Brad

19 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Michael Josiah
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 May 2008, 11:09 PM
Having the same issue. Telerik when is this going to be resolved as I have just published to a client machine and the skins are just not loading up properly.
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 25 May 2008, 05:05 AM
Hi Michael,

Telerik have not been able to resolve this issue for me yet..

I'm publishing from Visual Studio 2008 Pro to Windows Server 2003.  What is your specific setup?

Thanks,
Brad
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 26 May 2008, 03:39 PM
Hello guys,

Could you please check if the problem is related to this blog post? If not, then please send us more information such as server specs, OS, IIS used etc. If you have a live url with the problem, that could be helpful too.

Peter
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Michael Josiah
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 May 2008, 05:16 PM
Hi

I dont think the blog post relates to my situation, as the application runs fine on my dev machine (not published). However I reacently attempted to publish my app unto a win 2003 server and all the styles for ALL TELERIK controls stopped appearing. My dev machine is Vista running VS 2008. Going to attempt to manually copy the files over to the win 2003 server. Hopefully its only an issue that occurs when running the publish command. Who knows?
Michael Josiah
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 May 2008, 05:51 PM
Ok slight update, it appears that only some Telerik controls are effected. In my scenario its the RadPanel, RadWindow and RadGrid controls that are effected. The styles just seem to dissapear.
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 27 May 2008, 01:45 AM
In my case RadTabStrip, RadEditor and RadGrid are not applying skins.  These also happen to be all the telerik controls that need to render in this particular web application.

Tech Info:
IIS: V6.0
Ram: 2GB
Michael Josiah
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 May 2008, 03:58 PM
Any updates on this issue? Or do I need to rollback a version. I hope this is not the case as that was one of my major gripes with Infragistics as I had to roll back version when we hit a major bug.
Achim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 May 2008, 04:04 PM
hi, have similar problem where BaseSkin doesnt get applied after publishing to server.. Then RadStyleSheetManager doesnt render css but instead returns css file with error like this:

ReflectionTypeLoadException: Mindestens ein Typ in der Assembly kann nicht geladen werden. Rufen Sie
 die LoaderExceptions-Eigenschaft ab, wenn Sie weitere Informationen benötigen.]
   System.Reflection.Module._GetTypesInternal(StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +0
   System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes() +96
   Telerik.Web.UI.ScriptAssemblyInfo.get_AssemblyType() +16
   Telerik.Web.UI.<>c__DisplayClass2.<WriteScripts>b__0(Match match) +27
   System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexReplacement.Replace(MatchEvaluator evaluator, Regex regex, String
 input, Int32 count, Int32 startat) +217
   System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(String input, MatchEvaluator evaluator, Int32 count,
 Int32 startat) +28
   System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(String input, MatchEvaluator evaluator) +45
   Telerik.Web.UI.CombinedScriptWriter.WriteScripts(List`1 scriptEntries, TextWriter outputWriter) +
   Telerik.Web.UI.CombinedScriptWriter.WriteCombinedScriptFile() +879
   Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +37
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +358
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) 
+64

when setting EnableStyleSheetCombine="false" all looks fine again..

Michael Josiah
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 May 2008, 04:20 PM
I think Achim hit it right on the head. The problem seems to be with RadStylesheetmanager. I just deleted it from my pages and presto it all works again. Telerik guys you may want to investigate this further.
Helen
Telerik team
answered on 28 May 2008, 01:00 PM
Hi Michael,

You are absolutely right. We tested the case locally and managed to isolate the issue with RadStyleSheetManager under medium trust. Our developers fixed the problem and if you want to receive a hotfix - please open a support ticket.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this might caused you.

Best regards,
Helen
the Telerik team

Jeremy T. Fuller
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jun 2008, 12:20 AM
I have an issue that looks very similar, but affects JavaScript coming from Telerik.Web.UI.dll. I removed my RadStyleSheetManager, and I do NOT have a RadScriptManager on the page, but it still appears to want to combine scripts. This ONLY occurs when deploying the site to a Windows 2003 box -- it does not appear locally under Vista. I'm using Publish Web Site, then manually copying the files to the server.

The site is trying to access this URL, even though I am NOT using combined scripts to my knowledge:

http://cidsq004/ihs201/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bTelerik.Web.UI%2c+Version%3d2008.1.515.35%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d121fae78165ba3d4%3aen-US%3a6090bf79-f951-4c8a-a99d-8c7654f79907%3a2cfb35c4%3a9c22b1ea

The result is an exception:

<html> 

<head> 

<title>Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property 

for more information.</title> 

<style> 

body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;}  

p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} 

b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} 

H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } 

H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } 

pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} 

.marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} 

.version {color: gray;} 

.error {margin-bottom: 10px;} 

.expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; } 

</style> 

</head> 

<body bgcolor="white"

<span><H1>Server Error in '/ihs201' Application.<hr width=100size=1 color=silver></H1> 

<h2> <i>Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions 

property for more information.</i> </h2></span

<font face="Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif "

<b> Description: </b>An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current 

web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated 

in the code. 

<br><br

<b> Exception Details: </b>System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load 

one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.<br 

><br

<b>Source Error:</b> <br><br

<table width=100bgcolor="#ffffcc"

<tr> 

<td> 

<code> 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding 

the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.</code 

> 

</td> 

</tr> 

</table> 

<br> 

<b>Stack Trace:</b> <br><br

<table width=100bgcolor="#ffffcc"

<tr> 

<td> 

<code><pre

[ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions 

property for more information.] 

System.Reflection.Module._GetTypesInternal(StackCrawlMark&amp; stackMark) +0 

System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes() +96 

Telerik.Web.UI.ScriptAssemblyInfo.get_AssemblyType() +16 

Telerik.Web.UI.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClass2.&lt;WriteScripts&gt;b__0(Match match) +27 

System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexReplacement.Replace(MatchEvaluator evaluator, Regex regex, String 

input, Int32 count, Int32 startat) +217 

System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(String input, MatchEvaluator evaluator, Int32 count, 

Int32 startat) +28 

System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(String input, MatchEvaluator evaluator) +45 

Telerik.Web.UI.CombinedScriptWriter.WriteScripts(List`1 scriptEntries, TextWriter outputWriter) + 

Telerik.Web.UI.CombinedScriptWriter.WriteCombinedScriptFile() +880 

Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +37 

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +358 

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean&amp; completedSynchronously)  

+64 

</pre></code

</td> 

</tr> 

</table> 

<br> 

<hr width=100size=1 color=silver

<b>Version Information:</b>&nbsp;Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET 

Version:2.0.50727.1433 

</font> 

</body> 

</html> 

<!--  

[ReflectionTypeLoadException]: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions 

property for more information. 

at System.Reflection.Module._GetTypesInternal(StackCrawlMark& stackMark) 

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes() 

at Telerik.Web.UI.CombinedScriptWriter.ScriptAssemblyInfo.get_AssemblyType() 

at Telerik.Web.UI.CombinedScriptWriter.<>c__DisplayClass2.<WriteScripts>b__0(Match match) 

at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexReplacement.Replace(MatchEvaluator evaluator, Regex regex, 

String input, Int32 count, Int32 startat) 

at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(String input, MatchEvaluator evaluator, Int32 count 

, Int32 startat) 

at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace(String input, MatchEvaluator evaluator) 

at Telerik.Web.UI.CombinedScriptWriter.WriteScripts(List`1 scriptEntries, TextWriter outputWriter 

at Telerik.Web.UI.CombinedScriptWriter.WriteCombinedScriptFile() 

at Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) 

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute 

() 

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) 

--><!--  

This error page might contain sensitive information because ASP.NET is configured to show verbose error 

messages using &lt;customErrors mode="Off"/&gt;. Consider using &lt;customErrors mode="On"/&gt; or  

&lt;customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/&gt; in production environments.--> 

At this point I have to roll back to a prerelease copy of Prometheus, since this issue completely breaks the application. What is going on, and why wasn't this caught before release?
Helen
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jun 2008, 10:07 AM
Hi Jeremy,

It appears that the error comes from RadStyleSheetManager. Could you check please your site again for RadStyleSheetManager on some of the pages?

You can open a support ticket and we will send you the latest internal hotfix of the Telerik.Web.UI.dll. It should fix the problem.

Regards,
Helen
the Telerik team

Jeremy T. Fuller
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jun 2008, 07:31 PM
There are definitely no RadStyleSheetManager or RadScriptManager controls anywhere in the site.

I'll open up a ticket to get the latest.
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 04 Jun 2008, 03:47 AM
Hi Jeremy,

You could try 2008.1.415.35 (Q1 2008) which is an official build. Issues didn't start appearing until version 2008.1.515.35 (Q1 2008 SP1). Also, the latest unofficial build 2008.1.528.35 is working fine for me.

Cheers,
Brad
Jeremy T. Fuller
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jun 2008, 05:17 AM
Brad,

Thanks for your response. After I posted, I realized I had skipped a build. We are indeed using build 415 without any problems.
joy
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 04 Jun 2008, 08:33 AM
Hi Brad,
    Will you tell me how can I get the ver538 files? I can't find from my client.  
     Thanks!

Helen
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jun 2008, 01:31 PM
Hi guys,

Jeremy, FYI:

Since the site gives errors when trying to access the http://cidsq004/ihs201/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_CombinedScripts_=... URL, it could be that:
  • a page contains a RadScriptManager/RadStyleSheetManager
  • a user tries to access a cached page
  • a page contains the above URL added directly to a <link> tag.
RadControls do not try to access the Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd handler if there is no RadScriptManager/RadStyleSheetManager on the page.

Anyways, find attached the latest internal build and give it a try. Please, open a formal support ticket to obtain the dev version (the attached one is trial).

All the best,
Helen
the Telerik team

Brad
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 04 Jun 2008, 11:51 PM
Hi ooo,

As telerik have stated a few times in this thread; you need to open a support ticket to get the developer version.  Else, download the the more recent trial version attached to teleriks last post.

Regards,
Brad
Elmar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Jun 2008, 05:55 PM
Thanks for identifying the issue. Time is always pressing hard when these things happen on a live server. I removed the Stylesheet Manager but kept the Scriptmanager - it is back up and running. So I guess it must be something wrong with the lastest Stylesheet-Manager.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Michael Josiah
Top achievements
Rank 1
Brad
Top achievements