Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
367 views
We just upgraded to the latest version and I am really impressed with the improvements!

I've succeeded in nesting the different ASP .NET AJAX controls inside each other, for example, a RadTabstrip inside a RadPanelBar. I finally got the hang of using Findcontrol.    

My problem: taking it to the next level and finding a control on a 3rd or deeper level in the hierarchy. For example, I use the following to find the RadTabStrip in one of my PanelBarItems named 'Upload':

   
Public ReadOnly Property UploadsTS() As RadTabStrip
Get
Return CType(Me.RadPanelbar1.FindItemByValue("Upload").FindControl("RadTabStrip1"), RadTabStrip)
End Get
End Property  

Now, how would I work this to find the ID of a control inside the TabStrip itself?   An example in both server-side VB and clientside would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks
Kevin Babcock
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
3 answers
337 views
Hi All,
I'm working on a project, where we are required to export symbols as unicode text in the finished HTML from the rad editor.  For example, I want Ð“ to be rendered as Г in the HTML.  I found an article that addressed this at the following location: 
http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/article/b454K-mtg-b454T-bgh-b454c-bgh.aspx.  However, the javascript fails at the following line:  

  function OnClientLoad(editor, args)  
    {  
       editor.get_FiltersManager().add(new RadEditorCustomFilter());  
    }  

It throws an error: 

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or method

Is there an assembly reference for javascript properties that I am missing, or is there a javascript error somewhere?  Any help is appreciated, as this is very important to our project. 

Thanks,
John

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
5 answers
316 views
In an existing application in development, I have several standard ASP Textboxes with various validators.  I added a RadDatePicker to the form.  The client likes that when an invalid string is entered into the DatePicker, the text box portion is highlighted in red and the error graphic is displayed.  Is there any way to wire a RadTextBox to a standard .Net validator so the RadTextBox also displays this look on an error?
Lucas Bailey
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
10 answers
371 views
I have pager set for my grid.
If there is only one page, then it is fine if we show only Grand Total.
If there is more than one page in the grid, need to show Subtotal ( which is specific to the oage you are in ) and Grand Total , which is going to be for the entire grid.

Can someone help.

Thanks in advance.
newbie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
2 answers
215 views
Hi! As I don't know where this post should be, I prove here.

I'm designing a web application with have a google map. A colleague has made a library that simulate Google Maps API, but in .NET. So, I can add points and line, set the center, etc...,  from the server side in an easy way.

My problem is: when a event happens, the entire page is refreshed. I want to use AJAX and only refresh the gmap, but, if I use Telerik RadAjax Manager, and I set that only the gmap will be refreshed when a certain event happens, I can't see the gmap, and,  the zone where it should be, is blank.


Thank you very much, and sorry for my english.
Victor
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
1 answer
116 views
Am I missing something obvious here? Currently the scheduler only displays the Subject which turns the Month view into more of a task list then a schedule.. Am I missing something obvious in order to set up the Appointment text as so:

[7p Movies @ Location]

Also, is there an integrated print function a la Google calendar?

Thanks.
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
1 answer
112 views
Hello all,

I am working on a project using the RadToolBar as well as sliding panes. As you can see on attached image i am missing design at the red section. 

I read the thread about the toolbar: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bdggha.aspx

and for the green section (toolbar) i have solved it with the background of the page. What can i do for the sliding page buttons area, the red one? I want to repeat there the background in the y direction in the look-and-feel of the skin....


Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
7 answers
165 views
Hi all,

i am working on a project where i need to open up a rad window from another rad window(that works) but also from the second rad window, i need to return a value to the first, is this possible? if so does anyone know how i can find out about this.

Thanks,

Rob
Roberto
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
1 answer
153 views
I was able to create RadCharts dynamically in code in the prior version of the control. I upgraded to the latest version of the RadChart, (install is: RadControls_for_ASP.NET_AJAX_2008_1_415_dev.exe), and now it does not work at all. I get a NullReferenceException when trying to use my chart variable. My code is:

Dim radchart As Telerik.Charting.Chart
Dim chartSeries As New ChartSeries()

chartSeries.Name =

"Count of Answers"
chartSeries.Type = ChartSeriesType.Bar

Dim answersForQuestion As System.Data.DataSet = GetReportDataForQuestion(questionID)

For currentRow = 0 To answersForQuestion.Tables(0).Rows.Count - 1
    
Dim answerCount As Integer = answersForQuestion.Tables(0).Rows(currentRow).Item("CountOfAnswer")
    
Dim answerText As String = answersForQuestion.Tables(0).Rows(currentRow).Item("AnswerText")
    chartSeries.AddItem(answerCount, answerText)
Next

radchart.Series.Add(chartSeries) <--  Exception occurs here.

Could you please tell me how I can dynamically add a Chart using the latest version of the control?

Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
5 answers
97 views
Hello Telerik

I try to cancel the postback from combo box onselectedindexchange, because for some value I need post back and some not.

What I m doing is :

in ajax OnInitializeRequest event I do:

args.set_cancel(true);

This does stop the post back but the problem is it also stops all combo boxes in the page! the drop down of the combo box can not dispay.

Any idea on this?

Regards,
Elton

Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?