Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
280 views
hello everyone,
I bind RadMaskedTextBox to get the IP address value from database, but it displays the IP value in RadGrid as "123156255255" format, and when i click "Edit", then the IP value display as normal IP format "123.156.255.255".
The following is souce code: 
<telerik:RadMaskedTextBox ID="hostipTextBox" Runat="server" Height="22px"  InvalidStyleDuration="100" 
Mask="&lt;0..255&gt;.&lt;0..255&gt;.&lt;0..255&gt;.&lt;0..255&gt;" 
Text='<%# Bind("HostIP") %>' TextWithLiterals="000.000.000.000" Width="220px" PromptChar=" _" RoundNumericRanges="False"           DisplayMask="&lt;0..255&gt;.&lt;0..255&gt;.&lt;0..255&gt;.&lt;0..255&gt;">
</telerik:RadMaskedTextBox>
I also check the database, the value it saved is "123156255255".
Can anyone tell me how can I make the value that RadMaskedTextBox saved in database as normal IP format, i.e. 123.23.255.255,  and display normal IP format both in RadGrid and in its Edit model?

Thanks
xiangm
Kevin Babcock
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
1 answer
91 views
Using v2008.1.515.20 with VS2005/.NET 2.0, C#, WinXP SP2.

Installation was fairly clean and controls appeared in toolbox. But controls that were in the toolbox were removed, all from different sections, including: ASP Label, Login, and various others.  It was easy to put them back.

All toolbox sections were no longer sorted after installation.  Not important, just a pain.

I have a new section in my toolbar called #13119. No clue what this is, it's empty.

I found a file called ToolBoxInstallerVS2005_log.txt.  It contains:
INSTALL: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
INSTALL:
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
  at Telerik.Installation.ToolBoxInstaller.Init()
  at Telerik.Installation.ToolBoxInstaller.Execute(String command)

RadAjaxPanel shows borders outside of the gray background - seems like there are occasionally artifacts of the box hanging around on the screen.  Screenshots available.

AjaxLoadingPanel has a mind of its own for positioning the image control, even with sticky checked.  It seems the image positions itself relative to the panel, but not inside - it moves out of the panel and moves around the form when the panel is dragged.  Screenshots available.

VS IDE started blanking out after installation and attempts to figure out how to get the loadingpanel to behave. VS was obviously corrupted, I probably should have rebooted after installation.  VS/devenv eventually crashed.  Rebooted and continued on.

At some point later I got a BSOD while trying to figure out some other issue.  First one in at least a year.

I consider this a feature but all Rad controls include a style by default which allow them to be positioned.  This is a little difficult when they are dropped in a table but I usually use Divs for positioning anyway.  Unfortunately when a solution is closed and re-opened controls like the datepicker reposition themselves outside of the table where they were dropped. (I know, table is sort of useless, I was following the old tutorial)  Anyway, it's an imposition to have to re-position controls whenever a form is opened. For now I'm just learning so this isn't important.

I was trying to debug an issue which turned out to be my own failure to set AutoPostBack. To see what data was going back to the server on postback from a datepicker, I tried to set the TextChanged event of the DateInput property of the datepicker.  I could not attach a hand-written method with the proper signature, nor could I auto-generate that event handler from the property manager.

Going through the Live Examples I've found anything but standard 100% zoom leel on IE7 will cause RadControls to seriously mess up text positioning.  Controls are nicely re-sized but text overlays and mis-locates.  For demos and visually impaired users proper zooming is important.  Yes, for now I can change resolution on my monitor.  That's not the solution I'd like to give prospects.

We'll continue to investigate the controls.  I'm hooked, but I still need to find out what works and what doesn't so I don't spend too much time beating my head against a wall.

Thanks for your time.
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
3 answers
285 views
Hi,

I want to know how i do to put a loading message gif in the loading message?
And how i do for the treeview is limited, example: my treeview gets 6000 datas and i want that the client user navigates trought the navigate bar like the iexplorer...

Tks,

Thiago
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
1 answer
151 views
I'm trying to use the RadDatePicker in a RadGridlike so: 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Target Date" UniqueName="dateuomCol"> <EditItemTemplate>
<telerik:RadDatePicker id="RadDatePicker1" Runat="server" Width="100px" />
</EditItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

I have the datepicker showing up, but I need it to display todays date when i insert a new record.  Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
6 answers
252 views
I know I am not the only one asking but now that Q1 is out, are you planning to support 3d chart in Q2?  Also are you planning to add a funnel chart?

Very often development team works more on adding new features than improving the looks. In my opinion looks is very important and it's seem that the visual of telerik charting is a bit outdated compared to the competition, are you planning to work on improving it?

Thanks,
Eric
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
1 answer
83 views
Recently we had an issue with our website where an old Firefox problem arose.  The problem is that if you have drop downs that normally go over a Flash file, in Firefox, they won't.  This prevents you from seeing or using the drop down menu items.

Through your program, there is a Transparent check box that is always disabled by default. 

I am wondering if anyone has found any problems with this box being checked all the time?

If not, then perhaps this can be a feature request to have it always checked and thus preventing this Firefox bug.  ( happens even with FF3 )
George
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
3 answers
84 views

I am using following CSS for showing full event detail and remove resizing control

<

style type="text/css">

.rsApt

{

position: static !important;

cursor:hand;

}

.rsAptContent

{

font-size:10px !important;

line-height: normal !important;

overflow: visible !important;

padding: 2px;

}

.rsAptContent UL, .rsAptContent UL LI

{

margin: 0px, 0px, 0px, 10px;

line-height: normal;

list-style: bullet;

}

.rsMonthView .rsWrap

{

overflow: visible !important;

height:auto !important;

}

.RadScheduler_[MySkin] .rsMonthView .rsDateWrap

{

height: 20px !important;

}

.RadScheduler_[MySkin] .rsMonthView td.rsCell

{

height: 150px !important;

}

.rsAptWrap .rsAptResize

{

visibility: hidden;

}

</

style>

So.....in Monthview it works fine but in Weekview and Dayview event details are overriding each other, if i remove the above CSS then it works fine and events are showing side by side. How can i Show events side by side with full event detail and without resizing control

Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
3 answers
136 views
Hi Telerik!

I have a RadMenu inside MasterPage. How can I disable from client side?

Greetings.
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
1 answer
126 views
Hello,

I wonder if this is possible with RadScheduler:

When an appointment is inserted or updated, and the appointment overlaps another, I would like to display a confirmation dialog to either continue with the save operation (Insert or Update) or to abort it.

I was wondering if anybody has implemented something like that.  I pressume that the ModalPopupExtender would be the preferred tool?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
1 answer
107 views
Hi,

Because the installation the rad editor on MOSS and the deployment on a wiki WSS 3.0 website appeared as a blank box without any way to write something inside, I tried to remove the feature to re install it.

The removal of the central administration make an exception and the status of the rad editor on the central administration now is "Error"
 
I tried to remove it manually by using stsadm.exe but it still not working.

How can I install it correctly to try it?

Thanks in advance
George
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?