Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
192 views
I want to how to use Rad Alert window for confirmation Like in Javascript
"if(confirm('Do you want to continue?')){return true;}else{return false;}");
When record is deleted from the grid?.

and grid have a property   AutoGenerateDeleteColumn="True" .
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
1 answer
76 views
Don't know if this one has been reported already.

Problem:
When clicking a RadPanelItem it doesn't show as selected when using the Office2007 skin.

Solution:
Add a space between the background url and repeat-x at line 71 of the Office2007 stylesheet.

from:
.RadPanelBar_Office2007 .rpRootGroup .rpSelected .rpText  
{  
    background: #ee9515 url('PanelBar/RootItemBkgActive.gif')repeat-x;  
} 

to:
.RadPanelBar_Office2007 .rpRootGroup .rpSelected .rpText  
{  
    background: #ee9515 url('PanelBar/RootItemBkgActive.gif') repeat-x;  
} 

I don't know if the typo also exists in the latest official release, but in build UI_2008_1_606_dev_hotfix it does.
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
1 answer
85 views
How do you obtain the radwindow object from a page using a radWindow

e.g My MainWindow.aspx has a RadWindowManager and creates Window1.aspx. However, I would like a close button in Window1.aspx. I must use the close method on the radWindow object. However, I am not sure how to obtain the radWindow object within Window1.aspx.

MainWindow.aspx
var oWnd = window.radopen("window1.aspx", "subdialog");  
 
 

Window1.aspx

function closeWindow()  
{  
    var oWnd = ????????  
    oWnd.close();  
}  
 

Thanks,
Martin
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
1 answer
110 views
I am trying to create a chart that keeps track of past data as well as forecasts future data.  I would like to make the line dashed for future data but solid for previous data.  Is this possible using one data series?  I'm using the data table with my chart so it would be nice to only use one series.

Thanks,
Matt
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
1 answer
62 views
Is it possible to set line styles (in my case line-width) on a per-series basis?

Thanks,
-Craig
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
3 answers
111 views
When I have column reordering enabled, the columnsreordermethod="reorder", and reordercolumnsonclient="false" after the postback the grid footer is visible.

i can workaround it by adding a style .GridFooter_Default { display: none } to the page but i thought it worth mentioning.
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
0 answers
129 views
Hi

i have my custom ITypedList Collection that is working and display the data on the grid.

the problem comes when i try to sort the grid by clicking on a column header then


ParseException: No property or field 'Title' exists in type 'EcmsListItem']
Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseMemberAccess(Type type, Expression instance) +1210
Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseIdentifier() +446
Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParsePrimaryStart() +51
Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParsePrimary() +28
Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseUnary() +299
Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseMultiplicative() +48
Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseAdditive() +53
Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseComparison() +53
Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseLogicalAnd() +48
Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseLogicalOr() +48
Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseExpression() +51
Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseOrdering() +68
Telerik.Web.UI.GridDynamicQueryable.OrderBy(IQueryable source, String ordering, Object[] values) +326
Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataTableFromEnumerable.FillData35() +3375
Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataTableFromEnumerable.FillData() +807
Telerik.Web.UI.GridResolveEnumerable.Initialize() +43
Telerik.Web.UI.GridResolveEnumerable.EnsureInitialized() +32
Telerik.Web.UI.GridResolveEnumerable.get_DataTable() +25
Telerik.Web.UI.GridEnumerableFromDataView..ctor(GridTableView owner, IEnumerable enumerable, Boolean CaseSensitive, Boolean autoGenerateColumns, GridColumnCollection presentColumns, String[] additionalField, Boolean retrieveAllFields) +187
Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataSourceHelper.CreateGridEnumerable(GridTableView owner, IEnumerable enumerable, Boolean caseSensitive, Boolean autoGenerateColumns, GridColumnCollection presentColumns, String[] additionalField, Boolean retrieveAllFields) +149
Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataSourceHelper.GetResolvedDataSource(GridTableView owner, Object dataSource, String dataMember, Boolean caseSensitive, Boolean autoGenerateColumns, GridColumnCollection presentColumns, String[] additionalField, Boolean retrieveAllFields) +524
Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.get_ResolvedDataSource() +196
Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.CreateChildControls(IEnumerable dataSource, Boolean useDataSource) +64
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data) +59
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data) +111
System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +29
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +149
Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.PerformSelect() +23
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +70
Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.DataBind() +321
Telerik.Web.UI.GridSortCommandEventArgs.ExecuteCommand(Object source) +271
Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +171
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35
Telerik.Web.UI.GridItem.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +57
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35
Telerik.Web.UI.GridItem.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +147
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +115
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +132
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +177
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1746


ps the field Title is a virtual property defined by Itypedlist
any ideas?
a.bek
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 19 Jun 2008
2 answers
132 views
Hi,

I have created the radgrid dynamically and added it to a Panel. This part of a page which uses masterpage. I have set the "Theme"(asp.net theme and not rad theme) under the "Page" directive for the page. After the grid is added dynamically, the default theme that I applied no more exists and it does not show in the html as well. Because of this, I am losing the styles in masterpage.

Your help is required.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
3 answers
165 views
Hi, I'm evaluating RC for possible use on our site and have this question:

Could the rad upload control be made like the one on this sample page?
    www.hdgreetings.com/personalize.aspx

Specifically the questions are:
    1)  Note the "Add Photo" upload on the sample page has only one button, after the file is chosen the upload automatically begins

    2)  Note the sample page upload does not show any borders and does not show the progress bar until the upload begins

    3)  Note the small size of the progress bar.

Any feedback on how practical these things are would be appreciated.

Regards,
LTG
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
1 answer
116 views

I have a filter-enabled radGrid using the Outlook Skin.  Everything is fine until I select the filter menu for the right most filter field (there are button fields to the right - but they don't allow the filter obviously.)  When I do this the filter "menu" is cut in half and from that point on (until the grid is refreshed) the filter menu appears that way for all other options as well.

Any ideas?

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?