This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Unable to launch recorder

11 Answers 238 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
solo
Top achievements
Rank 1
solo asked on 17 Oct 2010, 06:30 AM

Hi!

I get the error Unable to launch recorder

I use IE8, windows Xp profesional.
I have no web aii framework or older wersion of web ut installed , but the recorder is not launching.
I try WebUI_TestStudio_QA_2010_2_830_Trial

Please, help me.

The log is
[19:42] - LogMessage: [19:42:42] - WebUI Test Studio (version:2010.2.830.0) started.
[19:44] - ------- Function Start 'StandaloneHost.EditControlledFiles' -------
[19:44] - ------- Function End 'StandaloneHost.EditControlledFiles' -------
[19:44] - LogMessage: [19:44:23] - Active Project is : 'TestProject1'
[19:44] - LogMessage: [19:44:24] - Project 'TestProject1' Created.
[19:44] - LogMessage: [19:44:53] - Test 'New Test' selected.
[19:45] - Error launching the recorder. Error : System.TimeoutException: Wait for condition has timed out
в ArtOfTest.Common.WaitSync.CheckResult(WaitSync wait, String extraExceptionInfo)
в ArtOfTest.Common.WaitSync.For[T](Predicate`1 predicate, T target, Boolean invertCondition, Int32 timeout)
в ArtOfTest.Common.WaitSync.For[T](Predicate`1 predicate, T target, Int32 timeout)
в ArtOfTest.WebAii.Design.RecorderWindowManager.WaitForRecorderCallBackReady()
в ArtOfTest.WebAii.Design.RecorderWindowManager.<>c__DisplayClass8.<EnsureActiveBrowser>b__7()
[19:46] - Error launching the recorder. Error : System.TimeoutException: Wait for condition has timed out
в ArtOfTest.Common.WaitSync.CheckResult(WaitSync wait, String extraExceptionInfo)
в ArtOfTest.Common.WaitSync.For[T](Predicate`1 predicate, T target, Boolean invertCondition, Int32 timeout)
в ArtOfTest.Common.WaitSync.For[T](Predicate`1 predicate, T target, Int32 timeout)
в ArtOfTest.WebAii.Design.RecorderWindowManager.WaitForRecorderCallBackReady()
в ArtOfTest.WebAii.Design.RecorderWindowManager.<>c__DisplayClass8.<EnsureActiveBrowser>b__7()

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 20 Oct 2010, 07:42 AM
Hello solo,

Please check if the system is configured as explained in the video here.

If that does not help you can check the WebUI IE add-ons are installed and enabled. You can also try disabling the Add Ons except WebUI TestStudio Recorder, WebAii Test Execution Extension, Discuss to see if you don't have a conflict in the browser with some third-party add-on.

Please post back if that helps or if you need further assistance.

Sincerely yours,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Steven
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Nov 2010, 02:47 AM
Hi K,

I've tried the settings mentioned on the above video that you have given. I have an IE8 and no add ons and I'm still getting this:

[9:36 AM] - Error launching the recorder. Error : System.TimeoutException: Wait for condition has timed out
   at ArtOfTest.Common.WaitSync.CheckResult(WaitSync wait, String extraExceptionInfo)
   at ArtOfTest.Common.WaitSync.For[T](Predicate`1 predicate, T target, Boolean invertCondition, Int32 timeout)
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Core.Manager.WaitForBrowserToConnect(Int32 browserIndexToWaitFor)
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Core.Manager.LaunchNewBrowser(BrowserType browserToLaunch, Boolean waitForBrowserToConnect, ProcessWindowStyle windowStyle)
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Core.Manager.LaunchNewBrowser(ProcessWindowStyle windowStyle)
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Design.RecorderWindowManager.GetActiveBrowser(Boolean createOneIfNeeded, Boolean confirmReuseBrowser)
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Design.RecorderWindowManager.<>c__DisplayClass5.<EnsureActiveBrowser>b__4()
[9:36 AM] - Error launching the recorder. Error : System.TimeoutException: Wait for condition has timed out
   at ArtOfTest.Common.WaitSync.CheckResult(WaitSync wait, String extraExceptionInfo)
   at ArtOfTest.Common.WaitSync.For[T](Predicate`1 predicate, T target, Boolean invertCondition, Int32 timeout)
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Core.Manager.WaitForBrowserToConnect(Int32 browserIndexToWaitFor)
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Core.Manager.LaunchNewBrowser(BrowserType browserToLaunch, Boolean waitForBrowserToConnect, ProcessWindowStyle windowStyle)
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Core.Manager.LaunchNewBrowser(ProcessWindowStyle windowStyle)
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Design.RecorderWindowManager.GetActiveBrowser(Boolean createOneIfNeeded, Boolean confirmReuseBrowser)
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Design.RecorderWindowManager.<>c__DisplayClass5.<EnsureActiveBrowser>b__4()

Please help.

Thanks,
Steven
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 08 Nov 2010, 04:49 AM
Hello Steven,

You say you have "no add ons"? The installer for our product is supposed to install two IE add-ons. They are required, and must be enabled, for both recording and playback. I've attached a screenshot of our required add-ons. Do you not see these in your IE add-ons list? How did you install the product?

Kind regards,
Cody
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Ivan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Nov 2010, 10:15 PM
Hi,

I have the same problem >> Error launching the recorder.

IE8, Win XP SP3.

IE is configured as described in your video.
Web UI Test Studio is installed using Typical installation method.

When I check addons in IE, I do not see any Web UI addons.
I've tried to reinstall it a couple of time with no help.
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 23 Nov 2010, 12:30 AM
Hi Ivan,

I am sorry you have run into this problem. Which version are you installing? Our latest Q3 release (2010.3.1109) no longer relies on IE add-ons, so it is now normal to not see any add-ons.

Thank you for the screen shots. For our Q3 version, everything looks very good in them. I'd like to look at this problem on your computer via GoToMeeting. Let me know what time zone you are in and your availability and I'll setup the meeting. I'm in Austin, TX which is Central Time (GMT -6).

Best wishes,
Cody
the Telerik team
See What’s New in WebUI Test Studio’s Q3 Release 24/7 on Telerik TV
Ivan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Nov 2010, 03:35 PM
Thanks for your reply, Cody!

I will think when it would be better for me to schedule the GoMeeting.

But do you have any other suggestions/recommendations/tips other than that?
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 23 Nov 2010, 06:03 PM
Hello Ivan,

I can think of two other things you can do to diagnose this problem.

A) Connect to existing browser

1. Manually launch an IE window
  2. Open any test in WebUI
  3. Under the Record button, click the drop down arrow
  4. You should see "Launch new Recording Browser" and another entry for the already open browser.
  5. Click on the entry for the already open browser

This should cause our recorder to attach to the browser window you opened. Let me know whether or not this succeeds.

B) Run the recorder diagnostic
  1. Open any test
  2. Click Help in the top menu
  3. Click the Record button in the ribbon bar (contained in the Logging section)
  4. This will attempt to launch the recorder and open a logging window at the same time.
  5. When it fails copy the text contained in the log and send it to us.

Best wishes,
Cody
the Telerik team
Interested in Agile Testing?

Tune in Wednesday, December 1st for a very special Webinar focused on Agile Testing. Click here to register for free!
Ivan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Nov 2010, 07:58 PM
Didn't help.

But I've managed to fix it by reinstalling my Windows. So the problem solved. Thanks for your help!
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 24 Nov 2010, 08:36 PM
Hello Ivan,

I am sorry we could not figure out how to fix your previous installation, but of course I am very glad to hear you found a solution to this. We will be here should you run into further problems.

Regards,
Cody
the Telerik team
Interested in Agile Testing?

Tune in Wednesday, December 1st for a very special Webinar focused on Agile Testing. Click here to register for free!
GILLON
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 May 2012, 01:06 PM
Hi,
I have the same probleme when i try to launch recorder. I've done everything requested for the browser configuration. When i try to record a test , the IE window is well opened but i've just a white page.

I use IE8, windows Xp SP3.I've installed Telerik on a virtual machine.
I have no web aii framework or older Version of web ut installed , but the recorder is not launching.
I try TestStudio_2012_1_411_Trial.msi

Moreover, no log appears. 
Please, help me. 
Maybe i have to try Telerik on a Windows 7 and not windows XP SP3?
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 24 May 2012, 03:54 PM
Hi GILLON,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this problem. If you haven't done so already, please follow the steps listed in our Unable to Launch Recorder troubleshooting article. This should help you to overcome the issue.

Kind regards,
Plamen
the Telerik team
Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
solo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
Steven
Top achievements