Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
38 answers
7.4K+ views

This sticky thread lists known issues and breaking changes introduced in the UI for ASP.NET AJAX releases.

Q3 2011 (Version number: 2011.3.1115)

Problem: When adding items to OData-enabled controls (RadMenu, RadTreeView, RadListBox, RadComboBox) through design time erroneous markup is applied to the control:

<telerik:RadListBox runat="server" ID="RadListBox1">
    <Items>
    </Items>
    <WebServiceSettings>
        <ODataSettings InitialContainerName="">
        </ODataSettings>
    </WebServiceSettings>
</telerik:RadListBox>

Please note the added ODataSettings section. It will cause JavaScript errors on the page.

Solution: Remove the ODataSetting section and the issue will vanish. The problem is also fixed in the Q3 SP1 release, version number 2011.3.1305
Attila Antal
Telerik team
 updated answer on 05 Mar 2024
1 answer

When I run my project I'm getting this error

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

In my web.config I checked that the version in the web.config is the same as the version I'm using in references

<assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Web.UI" publicKeyToken="121fae78165ba3d4" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2020.2.617.45" newVersion="2020.2.617.45" />

Vessy
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2021
1 answer

The pop up that I am trying to display when clicking on an <a> tag seems to not be able to take in the URL that I have passed into it via a post-back. All this does is to throw me an error stating. These snippet of  code seems to be working on a previous iteration of an application but seems to be continuing to throw this error in this new iteration of the application that I am currently developing.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'open')
    at window.radopen 
    at OpenForm 
    at HTMLAnchorElement.onclick
window.radopen
OpenForm
onclick

<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server" Animation="Resize"
    OnClientBeforeShow="clientBeforeShow" AutoSize="true" Title="Product Details"
    ViewStateMode="Disabled" EnableViewState="false" Behaviors="Close, Move" VisibleOnPageLoad="false"
    VisibleStatusbar="false" DestroyOnClose="true" MinWidth="650px" MinHeight="500px">
    <Windows>
        <telerik:RadWindow ID="ConfirmDialogue" runat="server" Title="Product Details"
            AutoSize="true" DestroyOnClose="true" EnableViewState="false" ReloadOnShow="true"
            Style="display: none;" ShowContentDuringLoad="false" Modal="true" VisibleStatusbar="false">
        </telerik:RadWindow>
    </Windows>
</telerik:RadWindowManager>

My javascript:

<telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="RadCodeBlock1" runat="server">
    <script type="text/javascript">

function OpenForm(arg) {
            console.log("Argument: ", arg);
            var encodedArg = encodeURIComponent(arg);
            window.radopen(encodedArg, "ConfirmDialogue");
        }

$(function () {
            $("#tabs-min").tabs();
        });

function onClientClickPostbackBill() {
            __doPostBack('<%=lnkBill.UniqueID%>', '');
        }

function onClientClickPostbackStuff() {
            __doPostBack('<%=lnkStuff.UniqueID%>', '');
        }

function onClientClickPostbackProduct() {
            __doPostBack('<%=lnkProduct.UniqueID%>', '');
        }

function onClientClickPostbackMerch() {
            __doPostBack('<%=lnkMerch.UniqueID%>', '');
        }

function onClientClickPostbackUsers() {
            __doPostBack('<%=lnkUsers.UniqueID%>', '');
        }

function onClientClickPostbackALL() {
            __doPostBack('<%=lnkALL.UniqueID%>', '');
        }

function onClientClickPostbackREVIEW() {
            __doPostBack('<%=lnkREVIEW.UniqueID%>', '');
        }

function printPage(productNo) {
            var div = document.getElementById("printerDiv");
            div.innerHTML = '<iframe id="printframe" src="Letter.aspx?BatchNo=' + batchNo + '"  height="0px" width="0px"  onload="printIframe();"></iframe>';
        }

function print2LAPage(productNo, searchType) {
            div.innerHTML = '<iframe id="printframe" src="/ProductManagement/PrintProductList.aspx?ProductNo=' + productNo + '&ProductType=' + searchType + '"  height="0px" width="0px"  onload="printIframe();"></iframe>';
        }
        function printReview(batchNo, searchType) {
            div.innerHTML = '<iframe id="printframe" src="/ProductManagement/PrintProductList.aspx?ProductNo=' + productNo + '&ProductType=' + searchType + '"  height="0px" width="0px"  onload="printIframe();"></iframe>';
        }

function printIframe() {
            var x = document.getElementById("printframe");
            var y = (x.contentWindow || x.contentDocument);
            y.focus();
            // x.contentWindow.document.execCommand('print', false, null);
            var oframe = document.getElementById("printframe");
            var odoc = oframe.contentWindow.document;
            var strlenght = odoc.documentElement.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].innerText;

if (strlenght.trim() == '') {
                var message = "Quantity for this product cannot be found";
                alert(message);
            }
            else {
                x.contentWindow.document.execCommand('print', false, null);
            }
            // y.print();
        }

</script>
</telerik:RadCodeBlock>

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Mar 2024
5 answers
Hello,

I want to stop the grid from highlighting text when the user clicks, holds, and drags across the cell.  Is this possible?
Attached is an image of what I'm trying to avoid.
I want a single click to highligh the row (which works fine), a double click to return a postback (works fine), but don't want any text highlighted on single click / drag.

Thanks!
William
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 updated answer on 26 Mar 2024
0 answers

I have a Telerik RadGrid that has a DetailTable that can be expanded by the user. The DetailTable contains several selectable rows. The user is able to select some rows, then click a "Process Data" button that saves the row data in a Visual Basic code-behind file.

The RadGrid uses HierarchyLoadMode="conditional" to keep track of the DetailTable.

Two Problems-

1. When a user:
    - expands the DetailTable,
    - selects a row,
    - collapses the DetailTable,
    - clicks "Process Data,"
no data is saved because RadGrid.SelectedItems has 0 items. Even though the selected row is shown as selected in the UI.

However, if a user:
    - selects a row,
    - collapses the detail table,
    - clicks "Process Data" + gets an error from the VB saying "No rows selected," 
    - expands the detail table again,
    - selects the row again,
    - clicks "Process Data" again,
then the data will be saved because RadGrid.SelectedItems will include the row. Perhaps this is a bug?

In other words, a post back is needed to clear the detail table selections before RadGrid.SelectedItems actually includes items that have been selected in a collapsed HierarchyLoadMode="conditional" table.

2. Is there a way to have selections persist across pagination? Eg. If the user expands the DetailTable, selects a row, navigates to "page 2" of the detail table, then navigates back to "page 1," their selection is not saved.

John
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 25 Mar 2024
1 answer

Is there a way to search for files in the directories when using the Document Manager/Image Manager.  I see some code samples that allow for filtering in the selected folder, however that only filters one level and not sub directories.  Looking for a way to search filenames through all sub folders.

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2024
2 answers

We have an application which is using Telerik RadGrid controls - RadGrid.net2 dll.

Our security team has reported vulnerabilities in this application and a lot of them are in these RadControls, for example RadGrid.js client DOM stored code injection. They are looking us to fix these.

What is the solution for this?

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2024
1 answer

Hi,

Experimenting with RadEditor's NewLineMode we find that mode "P" (default) is acting weird when I press Enter when positioned in a DIV.

A new DIV is created then. A very undesirable result, why not simply create a new <p> inside the DIV?

Marc

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2024
1 answer

Dear Sir,

Can I enable grid column total function like below screen? thanks

Rumen
Telerik team
 updated answer on 19 Mar 2024
1 answer

We have a RadAsyncUpload control on a page.  The "Select" button is displayed to allow the user to choose files.  All good.  What we'd like is a way to detect when the Select button is clicked to clean up other parts of the page. 

For example... we also have a RadGrid on the page.  The user might have a row open in an EditForm.  We'd like to close that edit form when the user clicks the Select button of the RadAsyncUpload control.  I don't see an obvious client side event for that, and the Select button doesn't trigger a server side event.  

Is there a client-side equivalent for the RadGrid ClearEditItems method that could be called as part of the click event on the RadAsyncUpload Select button?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2024
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
horváth
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Erkki
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Jakub
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
horváth
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Erkki
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Jakub
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron