Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
54 views
How to customize radwindow's head?

Thanks,

Yao
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 13 Aug 2010
1 answer
135 views
i'm trying to set the text for the grid if no records are displayed...

PublishedGrid.MasterTableView.NoMasterRecordsText = "my text here'

 

;

This does not seem to do anything. How can I programmatically set the text?

Thanks!

 

 

 

 

 

sayitfast
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
9 answers
215 views

I just installed SharePoint 2010 Foundation and now trying to incorporate Telerik AJAX controls to enable Spell Check for editing.
Following the instructions, "Deploying RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax" I do not see "Telerik.Web.UI" in C:\Windows\assembly.

Additionally, when attempting to get to /Program Files/Common Files/Microsoft Shared/web server extensions/wpresources/RadEditorSharePoint/6.0.0.0__1f131a624888eeed/Resources/, I do not see the RadEditorSharePoint folder.

I am using the RadControls_for_ASP.NET_AJAX_and_SharePoint_2010_Trial.msi install.

I would really like to get Spell check working so that I can show it to management in order to secure purchasing the product.

Naim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
2 answers
96 views
I have used panel bar in one of my web controls. There is another one the main page which is working fine which has items added manually. This one is using template item example. Kindly see to if if I am missing anything. This is to clarify that the the first panel has controls and some functionality which is working fine with code behind. I dont know what is needed to enable these expand collapse button.

<telerik:RadPanelBar ID="RadPanelBar1" Runat="server" Width="95%" 
           Skin="Office2007" AllowCollapseAllItems="True" 
           ExpandMode="SingleExpandedItem">
           <Items>
               <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="User Management" 
                   Value="UserManagement">
               <ItemTemplate>
               <asp:Panel ID="pnlUserAdd" runat="server">
         <table style="width:100%;">
           <tr>
               <td class="style9">
                   <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="New User Id"></asp:Label>
               </td>
               <td class="style8">
                   <asp:TextBox ID="TxtUserId" runat="server" Width="150px" MaxLength="10" 
                       ValidationGroup="Entry"></asp:TextBox>
                   <sup>*</sup></td>
               <td>
                   <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="RequiredFieldValidator1" runat="server" 
                       ErrorMessage="Must Enter User Id" ValidationGroup="Entry" 
                       ControlToValidate="TxtUserId"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
               </td>
           </tr>
           <tr>
               <td class="style9">
                   <asp:Label ID="Label2" runat="server" Text="Password"></asp:Label>
               </td>
               <td class="style8">
                   <asp:TextBox ID="txtPassw" runat="server" MaxLength="10" TextMode="Password" 
                       ValidationGroup="Entry" Width="150px"></asp:TextBox>
                   <cc1:PasswordStrength ID="txtPassw_PasswordStrength0" runat="server" 
                       Enabled="True" TargetControlID="txtPassw" 
                       TextCssClass="background-color:white;">
                   </cc1:PasswordStrength>
                   <sup>*</sup></td>
               <td>
                   <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="RequiredFieldValidator2" runat="server" 
                       ErrorMessage="Must Enter Password" ValidationGroup="Entry" 
                       ControlToValidate="txtPassw"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
               </td>
           </tr>
             <tr>
                 <td class="style9">
                     <asp:Label ID="Label24" runat="server" Text="Repeat Password"></asp:Label>
                 </td>
                 <td class="style8">
                     <asp:TextBox ID="txtPassw2" runat="server" TextMode="Password" 
                         ValidationGroup="Entry" Width="150px"></asp:TextBox>
                     <sup>*</sup></td>
                 <td>
                     <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="RequiredFieldValidator3" runat="server" 
                         ControlToValidate="txtPassw2" ErrorMessage="Must Enter Password" 
                         ValidationGroup="Entry"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
                     <asp:CompareValidator ID="CompareValidator1" runat="server" 
                         ControlToCompare="txtPassw" ControlToValidate="txtPassw2" 
                         ErrorMessage="Passwords should be same" ValidationGroup="Entry"></asp:CompareValidator>
                 </td>
             </tr>
           <tr>
               <td class="style16">
                   <asp:Label ID="Label3" runat="server" Text="User Role"></asp:Label>
               </td>
               <td class="style17">
                   <asp:DropDownList ID="drpUserRole" runat="server" ValidationGroup="Entry" 
                       Width="150px">
                   </asp:DropDownList>
                   <sup>*</sup></td>
               <td class="style18">
                   <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server" onclick="LinkButton1_Click">Refresh</asp:LinkButton>
                   </td>
           </tr>
             <tr>
                 <td class="style7" colspan="2">
                     <asp:ImageButton ID="imgUserAdd" runat="server" AlternateText="Add User" 
                         Height="45px" ImageUrl="~/Images/user_add.png" ToolTip="Add User" 
                         ValidationGroup="Entry" Width="45px" onclick="imgUserAdd_Click" />
                      </td>
                 <td class="style19">
                     </td>
             </tr>
       </table>
       </asp:Panel>
               </ItemTemplate>
             
               </telerik:RadPanelItem>
               <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Users Data" Value="UsersData">
                  <ItemTemplate>
                  Must Show
                  </ItemTemplate>
               </telerik:RadPanelItem>
               <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Deleted Users">
                  <ItemTemplate>
                  Must Show
                 
                  </ItemTemplate>
               </telerik:RadPanelItem>
               <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="User Profile" Value="UserProfile">
               <ItemTemplate>
               Must Show
             
               </ItemTemplate>
               </telerik:RadPanelItem>
           </Items>
       </telerik:RadPanelBar>
Aamir Ali Ansari
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
2 answers
109 views

Hi,

I am using radtabstrip and radmultipageview in my screen. The width of both is set to 100%. When I open the screen the screen loading find with 100%. No problem

Now I have added RadSplitter with 2 pans and sliding zone. “Main Pan” has the tabstrip and multipageview. “Right Pan” has “RadSlidingZone”. Now when I open the screen, the screen open with 50% width and tehn expands to be 100%. The screen is flicking. The following is my code. What am I missing?

<telerik:RadSplitter ID="RadSplitter1" runat="server" Width="100%" Height="600px">

<telerik:RadPane ID="MainPane" runat="server" Width="100%" Height="600px">
        -- RadTabStrip and RadMultiPageView goes here.
</telerik:RadPane>

<telerik:RadSplitBar ID="RadSplitbar1" runat="server">
</telerik:RadSplitBar>

<telerik:RadPane ID="RightPane" runat="server" Width="30" Scrolling="Both" Height="600px">
        <telerik:RadSlidingZone ID="SlidingZone1" runat="server" Width="30" SlideDirection="Left"
                                ClickToOpen="true">
              <telerik:RadSlidingPane ID="Pane1" runat="server" Width="200" Height="120" IconUrl="../Images/RecordActions.gif">
                       <telerik:RadPanelBar runat="server" ID="RadPanelBar1" ExpandMode="MultipleExpandedItems"
                                        OnItemClick="RadPanelBar1_ItemClick" Skin="Windows7">
                       </telerik:RadPanelBar>
              </telerik:RadSlidingPane>
              <telerik:RadSlidingPane ID="Pane2" runat="server" Width="200" Height="120" IconUrl="../Images/EventHistory.gif">
                                    View Event History
              </telerik:RadSlidingPane>
              <telerik:RadSlidingPane ID="Pane3" runat="server" Width="200" Height="120" IconUrl="../Images/ChangeHistory.gif">
                                    Change history
              </telerik:RadSlidingPane>
       </telerik:RadSlidingZone>
</telerik:RadPane>
</telerik:RadSplitter>

Thanks in advance

usr9999
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
2 answers
131 views
Hello!

I'm playing around with RadGrid and spent already some days researching on how to customize autogenerated fields and have two questions:

How can I define a diferent  label color for a required field or even the text/checkbox etc?
I read a bit about using ColumEditor and tried from the example:

<telerik:GridCheckBoxColumnEditor ID="requiredCheckBox" runat="server" >
    <CheckBoxStyle BackColor="#edffc3" BorderColor="#ecbb0d" BorderStyle="Solid" ForeColor="#7fa822"  />
</telerik:GridCheckBoxColumnEditor>

It makes the color as it should but even when the records are listed and not only for the edit/insert/update mode. How can I change this... and further, isn't there a generic way to do this instead of having to format all individual fields?

Another thing I'm trying to accomplish is to create a basic page with a RadGrid and EntityDataSource on it and apply the table on page load so I can do something similar as a master page for generic tables with few fields so if I decide to change something on the grid I can have it applied to all of them?

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks
Ricardo Rekowsky
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
3 answers
70 views
Hello!

I searched the forums and read the following links:

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/generalfeatures/columntypes/defaultcs.aspx
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grdcolumntypes.html

I have setup a table with three fields on a RadGrid:

- ID (integer, primary key)
- description (string)
- status (char[01])

and I want to have the status field as a boolean type where I'd like to add an image showing green or red ajaxed to represent the T/F state but I can't get it running.
I also tried to add a Checkbox according to the links I saw but I received the following error message:

"System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid Boolean."

What am I doing wrong and how can I achieve the result I want to?
Thanks!

Ricardo
Ricardo Rekowsky
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
2 answers
97 views
Greetings

For some reason my RadComboBox does not display the very well-known selectedvalue property.
If this property is not available, what is the work-around for biding my datasource results to the RadCombobox

please let me know

Thanks

Sergio
Sergio
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
2 answers
100 views
I have a project [pretty much the same one my last 1/2 dozen posts have been on, hehe] where I have a chart in an ajax panel that, when refreshed the map isn't getting "reprocessed" and the old tool tips will still show. The chart is changing, so it's a whole new set of points and axis values, but if I mouse over the same place as the previous points, I get the previous tool tips appearing.
This is only happening in chrome.

I haven't had time to build a simple project to get it to work yet. Just wondering if there's any input or known issue with chrome and refreshing a chart's tooltip map.

Thanks.
Baatezu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
16 answers
462 views
Hi ALL,
                Iam using Export to Excel for the RadGrid. in code behind iam writing like this

RadGrid1.ExportSettings.Excel.Format = Telerik.Web.UI.

GridExcelExportFormat.ExcelML;

 

RadGrid1.ExportSettings.ExportOnlyData =

true;

 

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.ExportToExcel();

On  RadGrid1.ExportSettings.Excel.Format = Telerik.Web.UI.GridExcelExportFormat.ExcelML; it is giving me error as object Reference is not set.

Can any one pls let me know why it is giving that error.

Regards,
asra

Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?