Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
208 views

Hi,

 

 Have a range slider I use for a date range (years), this has two handles ‘From’ and ’To’, I need to be able to track these two slider values so I can write them each to divs (two separate divs). I’ve got it working with one slider but can’t work out how to capture the second slider value, I hope you can help. Here is my code:



From <span class="SearchHeaderNumbers"><asp:label runat="server" ID="litDateFrom" ClientIDMode="Static" Text="" /></span> to <span class="SearchHeaderNumbers"><asp:label runat="server" ID="litDateTo" ClientIDMode="Static" Text="" /></span><br />
                        <div class="DateRange">
                            <telerik:RadSlider ID="rsDateRange" runat="server" AutoPostBack="true" BackColor="#F5F5F5" EnableEmbeddedSkins="true" SelectionStart="1996" ItemType="Tick" OnClientValueChanging="clientValueChange" ShowDecreaseHandle="false" ShowIncreaseHandle="false" SelectionEnd="2010" IsSelectionRangeEnabled="true" LiveDrag="true" DragText="" MinimumValue="1996" MaximumValue="2010" Width="167px" />
                        </div>

 

 

 

 

                            <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
  
                        function clientValueChange(sender, eventArgs) {
                            var myDateFrom = document.getElementById("litDateFrom")
                            myDateFrom.innerHTML = sender.get_value();
  
                            var myDateTo = document.getElementById("litDateTo")
                            // myDateFrom.innerHTML = ??? Some code ???
                        }
                      
                    </script>


as I mentioned I can get the value from sender.get_value() which which gives me the value for the start slider but the end slider I'm lost about.

Thanks
Ed

Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
1 answer
129 views
Hi,

Any quick way to add shadow to a rad dock?

Thanks.
Bozhidar
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
1 answer
117 views
Hi,

I have a problem with the the radwindow control.
In my application I have to use the radwindow control in every page and there is alot of pages. In the current situation I define the radwindow control in each page. I know that there is a better and smarter solution. I'm wondering if I can define the radwindow in the BasePage class and to call it whenever I want. I dont know if I can do that.
So I'm looking for a solution for this problem. If any one has a an idea please help me.

Regards,
Bader
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
1 answer
125 views
Hello,
The RadTreeView nodes are getting readonly if the treeview is wrapped up by a RadXmlHttpPanel. They are neither getting expanded nor checked. Does anybody know how to solve this issue?
Thanks.
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
2 answers
136 views

Hello telerik team,

I have an issue with many appointments on a single date.If you have many appointmnets on a day.It shows me a Link BUTTON
called "more" when i click on that "More" it opens all the appointments and i could see a small triangle pointing downward at the end of the appointment.If i click on that it goes to a page which cannot be displayed.How can i make that "small downward pointing triangle" invisble.

pls let me know.

Thank you
Smith

smith spd
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
1 answer
132 views
Hello,

I am currently declaring my select/insert/delete/update in the aspx form (using SqlDataSource), but have come to realise that a better implementation would be to use ObjectDataSource and a 3-tier architecture rather than SqlDataSource. Therefore, I have followed the method described in RadScheduler: Getting Started. However, I don't understand how the appointments are persisted using this method?

I'd like to build on the code in the Getting Started article to persist appointments in an SQL Server database.

Please can you advise how to go about doing this outlining the types of data sources that I should use as I'm a bit lost with where to go from here?

Regards,
Anthony
Anthony
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
2 answers
90 views
When using a specific doctype inside a div with the position set to absolute, the options window for any dropdown list in the toolbar (in addition to other tool options with windows like Insert Table) align to the top of the window instead of below the tool icon.  I tested with setting the position to relative and with <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">.  Either addresses the issue.  However both cause other issue with my code that are not easy to address.

Here is a sample code snippet illustrating the problem.  I have also attached an image to show the position issue.
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" %>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
 
    <head runat="server">
    </head>
    <body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div style="position:absolute;">
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="sm" runat="server" />
        <telerik:RadEditor
            id="radEditor1"
            runat="server"
            />
    </div>
    </form>
    </body>
</html>
Joshua
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
5 answers
164 views
Hi,

I tried to create a docks dynamically with the following code:

                Dim newdock As RadDock = CreateRadDock()
                newdock.Tag = "../Webparts/Info.ascx"
                newdock.DockMode = DockMode.Docked
                newdock.EnableRoundedCorners = True
                newdock.UniqueName = "BXT"
                newdock.ID = "BXT"
                newdock.Skin = "Telerik"

                newdock.DefaultCommands = Telerik.Web.UI.Dock.DefaultCommands.Close

                Dim cmd As New DockCommand
                cmd.Name = "DoSomething"
                cmd.Text = "DoSomething"
                newdock.Commands.Add(cmd)

                newdock.CommandsAutoPostBack = True
                newdock.Title = "Testing":

                newdock.Height = New Unit(200, UnitType.Pixel)
                AddHandler newdock.Command, AddressOf RadDock_Command
                LoadWidget(newdock)
                zoneLeft.Controls.Add(newdock)

The dock created sucessfully but when I clicked the default "Close" command, the server event "RadDock_Command" doesn't fire, But if I click the "Custom" command, it works ok. I want to capture the close event as I want to do something else. Please advise.

Andy Ho

               

Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
9 answers
169 views
For some reason, all the comboboxes in my app have vertical scrollbars, event if there are only one or 2 options. And I do mean "all"; even scrollbars in controls that I don't directly control like the Grid Pager (see attached).

Why is this and how can I stop it from happening.

I am not, to the very best of my knowledge, either doing anything to calculate/set the scroller height or to change the skin (I'm using the built in skin "WebBlue" FWIW).

-- 
Stuart
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
1 answer
68 views
Hi,

I have enabled filtering for the radgrid but its not working. I'm not sure what might be the reason for this. Also I want to enable filtering only for a particular column. Below is the  aspx code i'm using. Please let me how what should be modified in order to make the filtering option to work.

<telerik:RadTabStrip ID="RadTabStrip1" runat="server" 
       Skin="Web20" 
       ClickSelectedTab="True" 
       PerTabScrolling="True"  
       MultiPageID="RadMultiPage1" 
       ReorderTabsOnSelect="True" 
       ScrollChildren="True" 
       SelectedIndex="0" 
       ShowBaseLine="True">
       <Tabs>
           <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="test1" Selected="True">
           </telerik:RadTab>
           <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="test2" >               
           </telerik:RadTab>
           <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="test3">
           </telerik:RadTab>
       </Tabs>
   </telerik:RadTabStrip>
   <telerik:RadMultiPage ID="RadMultiPage1" runat="server" SelectedIndex="0">
       <telerik:RadPageView ID="RadPageView1" runat="server">
          <br />
           <asp:Button ID="btn_excel_g" runat="server" Text="Export To Excel" 
                   onclick="btn_excel_g_Click" />
           <asp:Button ID="btn_word_g" runat="server" Text="Export To Word" 
                   onclick="btn_word_g_Click" />
           <asp:Button ID="btn_pdf_g" runat="server" Text="Export To Pdf" 
                   onclick="btn_pdf_g_Click" />
           <telerik:RadGrid ID="gp" runat="server" Skin="WebBlue" 
               OnItemCreated="RadGridStyle_ItemCreated" GridLines="None" AlternatingItemStyle-BackColor="White" 
               OnItemDataBound="RadGrid1_ItemDataBound" AllowFilteringByColumn="True" >
               <ExportSettings FileName="Report">
                   <Pdf PageBottomMargin="1px" PageHeaderMargin="1px" PageHeight="10.5in" 
                       PageLeftMargin="1px" PageRightMargin="1px" PageWidth="13in" 
                       PaperSize="Executive" />
               </ExportSettings>
               <ClientSettings>
               <ClientEvents OnRowSelected="OnRowSelecting" />
                   <Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" />
                   <Resizing AllowColumnResize="false" EnableRealTimeResize="false" 
                       ResizeGridOnColumnResize="True" />
               </ClientSettings>
               <AlternatingItemStyle BackColor="White" />
               <GroupHeaderItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />
               <MasterTableView TableLayout="Fixed">
                   <CommandItemSettings ExportToPdfText="Export to Pdf" />
                   <ExpandCollapseColumn>
                      <%-- <HeaderStyle Width="20px" />--%>
                   </ExpandCollapseColumn>
                   <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />
               </MasterTableView>
               <%--<ItemStyle Width="1px" />--%>
           </telerik:RadGrid>
       </telerik:RadPageView>
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?