Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
100 views
I would like to be able to use a template within a cell that contains a couple of buttons and one or more lables.  Rather than explain further, I thought a picture would be more helpful.  Do you have a demo for something like this?
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
1 answer
74 views
I gave the ZIndex of a popup in my Grid as 2500 (the default value). This works fine in IE 7 and IE 8 browsers but in IE 6 it grays out the grid when I open the popup. What should be the ZIndex value for Grid popups in IE 6?
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
1 answer
139 views
Hi,
I have created a RadEditor with a custom EditorTool for embedding youtube video, in the pop up form, user has to input the link for the youtube video and after clicking submit it should return the embed HTML to the editor.

However, I found some tags like "Object" and "Param" are missed in the pasting HTML.

I use:
editor.pasteHtml(String.format("<object width=\"425\" height=\"350\" ><param name=\"movie\" value=\"{0}\"></param><param name=\"wmode\" value=\"transparent\"></param><embed src=\"{0}\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" wmode=\"transparent\" width=\"425\" height=\"350\"></embed></object>", args.href));

output:
<object width="425" height="350"><embed src="aa" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

to paste the resulting HTML, may you please advise what should I do to make it work? Thanks a lot.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
2 answers
208 views
Hi telerik,

Is it possible to get the below functionality in rad calendar
1.The Events day(should get it from events module of sitefinity) should get highlighted like special day.
2.On mouse over the events day should list all the events occuring on that day(check the attached image).
3.Customizing the header of the rad calendar(check the attachedImage).

Can u please give me the solution for this.
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
3 answers
297 views
Hello,
I've got a page with an updatePanel (Conditional mode for Ajax behaviour), and this UpdatePanel contains a RadGrid whose DataSource is populated on the first page-load. All postbacks are then disabled and I fully work on client-side with this RadGrid.
Along with this RadGrid I've got a form whose fields match each column of the Grid.
When I click (client-side) on an item of the Grid, my JScript should load the values into the fields of the form section for edit/update purpose.
And I also want to sort the columns of the grid on client-side only (I have the impression that the DataSource needs to be set client-side also for this to be achieved. Am I right?).

So my question is : if the client DataSource needs to be set, is there an easy means for setting it automatically based on the content of the Grid retrieved server-side on the Page Load (without invoking additional WebMethod or PageMethod) ?
Thansk in advance for your reply.
Best regards

Olivier.
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
4 answers
130 views
In http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/back-button-combo-selected-value.html you wrote "Until we find a fix for the problem ..". Since Q1 2010 SP1 i did not tried if its fixed. Is these bug fixed now or is it a feature?
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
3 answers
183 views
Hello,

I have a RadComboBox on the RadPanelBar. can you guide me how to use "OnItemsRequested" in this scenario ?
I wish to use this even in codebehind and fire some oracle query and fech the required data as datasource for this RadComboBox. I am quite new to use RadPanelBar.

Thanks,
prayag
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
3 answers
207 views
Hi,
As client side object  methods
get_selectedView(),get_firstDayStart(),

is there methods to set,


set_selectedView(a),set_firstDayStart(a).
I am in need of these, to navigate the scheduler month to my preferred month and date, view changes

Hurry.
Kind regards
I.Arockiasamy

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
3 answers
107 views
Hello,
I use the 'Editor Lite' as the 'source' field for a newsletter.
The user create the newsletter with a fancy design and picture (stored in a document library in the site).
If we try to change the picture size (by right clicking on the picture and changing the width and the height) everything works fine in the 'Editor Lite' but when I send the newsletter and the users open it in Outlook, all picture take their original size (same size as stored in the document library)

could you help me with this case?

Thanks a lot,
Jorg
Stanimir
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
1 answer
93 views
Hello,
I have got an issue with the combination of RadXmlHttpPanel and RadAjaxPanel. The scenario is described below-

I have a page Product.aspx. There are left menus in a user control LeftMenu.ascx. In the main section of the page there are ten user controls which are used to Add or edit a product. This main user controls' visibility can be on/off by clicking the left menus and it is done in client side javascript. Now to make the performance optimized we decided to load the user control's data on demand. There are only two user controls which has required fields. So those control's data will be loaded on page load. But the other eight control's data will be loaded if the user decides to open that user control by clicking the left menu.
To accomplish this I followed the demo given here http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/xmlhttppanel/examples/gridinxmlhttppanel/defaultcs.aspx. The on demand user control's data controls are wrapped by RadXmlHttpPanels. The data is loaded by javascript-

function leftMenuClicked(index) {
        showForm(index);
        hideAllOtherForm(index);
        showPanelData(index);
}

function showPanelData(index) {
    var productId = getProductId();   
        var panel = getXmlHttpPanel(index);
        if (panel) {
            panel.set_value(productId);
        }
}

The getXmlHttpPanel() function just returns the RadXmlHttpPanel object using $find() function according to the index value.

Now, there are few user controls which are used to add/edit detail data. There is a RadGrid in the control to show the existing records. Just below that there is a "Add More" button, by clicking which a form will be opened below the button to enter the data. The grid also has edit and delete buttons. The edit won't be inline, but the data will be opened in the same form used for adding. So, to ajaxify this, I have wrapped everything inside the control i.e. the grid and the form for add/edit in a RadAjaxPanel. Here is one of the User control's code-

<telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server" Skin="WebBlue" />
                <telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="radAjaxPanel1" runat="server" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1">
                <telerik:RadXmlHttpPanel ID="RadXmlHttpPanel1" runat="server" OnServiceRequest="XmlHttpPanel_ServiceRequest"
                RenderMode="Block" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1">
                    <asp:panel runat="server" CssClass="rc_fields" id="divProductMediaGrid" ClientIDMode="Static" style="min-height: 200px;">
                        <telerik:RadGrid AutoGenerateColumns="False" ID="RadGridProductMedia" runat="server" Skin="WebBlue" OnItemDataBound="RadGridProductMedia_ItemDataBound" OnItemCommand="RadGridProductMedia_ItemCommand" AllowPaging="true" PageSize="4"  EnableClientScriptEvaluation="true" >
                            <PagerStyle Mode="NumericPages" />
                            <MasterTableView TableLayout="Fixed">
                                <Columns>
                                    <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Type">
                                        <ItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:Label ID="lblMediaType" runat="server" Text='<%# GetMediaTypeText(Convert.ToInt32( Eval("MediaType"))) %>'></asp:Label>
                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                    </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                    <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Thumbnail" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center">
                                        <ItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:Image ID="imgThumbnail" runat="server" AlternateText="Thumbnail" ImageAlign="Middle" Height="50px" Width="70px" />
                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                    </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Caption" DataField="Caption" HeaderStyle-Width="180px"  />
                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Sort Order" DataField="SortOrder" HeaderStyle-Width="115px" />
                                    <telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn HeaderText="Is Primary" DataField="IsPrimary" HeaderStyle-Width="110px" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                                    <telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn HeaderText="Is Active" DataField="IsActive" HeaderStyle-Width="120px" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                                    <telerik:GridButtonColumn Text="Edit" UniqueName="EditMedia" CommandName="EditMedia" ButtonType="ImageButton" HeaderStyle-Width="60px" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" ImageUrl="~/assets/images/Edit.gif"  />
                                    <telerik:GridButtonColumn Text="Delete" UniqueName="DeleteMedia" CommandName="DeleteMedia" ButtonType="ImageButton" HeaderStyle-Width="60px" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center"  ImageUrl="~/assets/images/Delete.gif"  ConfirmDialogType="RadWindow" ConfirmText="Are you sure you want to Delete this Media?" ConfirmTitle="Delete" />
                                </Columns>
                            </MasterTableView>
                        </telerik:RadGrid>            
                    </asp:panel>
                    <div style="float: right;">
                        <asp:LinkButton ID="lnkAddMoreMedia" CausesValidation="false" runat="server" CssClass="first" OnClick="lnkAddMoreMedia_Click" Text="<b><b>Add More Media</b></b>"></asp:LinkButton>
                    </div>
                    <asp:panel runat="server" CssClass="rc_fields" id="divProductMediaForm" ClientIDMode="Static" Visible="false" >                         
                         <fieldset>
                            <label>Type </label>
                            <asp:DropDownList ID="drpMediaType" AutoPostBack="true" OnSelectedIndexChanged="drpMediaType_SelectedIndexChanged"  runat="server" ClientIDMode="Static" />
                        </fieldset>
                        <fieldset>
                            <label>Thumbnail </label>
                            <div style="float:right;width: 82%;">
                                <telerik:RadAsyncUpload ID="uploadThumbnail"   runat="server" AllowedFileExtensions="jpg,jpeg,png,gif" Skin="WebBlue" TemporaryFolder="~/Upload/temp"  />                           
                            </div>
                        </fieldset>
                        <fieldset>
                            <label>Caption </label>
                            <asp:TextBox ID="txtCaption"  runat="server" MaxLength="150"  />                           
                        </fieldset>
                        <fieldset>
                            <label>Sort Order </label>
                            <telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="txtSortOrder" Skin="WebBlue"  runat="server" MaxLength="2" NumberFormat-DecimalDigits="0" NumberFormat-AllowRounding="true"  />                           
                        </fieldset>
                        <fieldset>
                            <label>Is Primary </label>
                            <input type="checkbox" ID="chkIsPrimary" class="checkbox"  runat="server"   />                           
                        </fieldset>  
                        <fieldset>
                            <label>Is Active </label>
                            <input type="checkbox" ID="chkIsActive" class="checkbox"  runat="server"   />                           
                        </fieldset>
                        <div class="buttons">
                            <asp:LinkButton ID="lnkAdd" CausesValidation="false" runat="server" CssClass="first" OnClick="lnkAdd_Click" Text="<b><b>Save Media</b></b>"></asp:LinkButton>                             
                        </div>
                        <asp:HiddenField ID="hidProductMediaId" runat="server" ClientIDMode="Static" />
                    </asp:panel>                   
                    </telerik:RadXmlHttpPanel>   
                    </telerik:RadAjaxPanel>


Now the problem is that, the Edit/Delete buttons in the Grid are not working. Just nothing is happening if I click on the Edit/Delete buttons, although the ItemCommand event is attached with the grid. The probable reason is that, the grid has to be rebound in every postback to make the paging works properly. The Page_load event handler is like this-

public void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
        {
            if (IsPostBack)
            {
                DisplayGridData();
            }
        }


Can anyone please assist me in solving this issue?
Thanks in advance.
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?