This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Trying to intergrate Telerik AJAX controls for 2010 Foundation, Telerik.Web.UI not showing in assembly.

9 Answers 162 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Naim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Naim asked on 03 Aug 2010, 04:24 PM

I just installed SharePoint 2010 Foundation and now trying to incorporate Telerik AJAX controls to enable Spell Check for editing.
Following the instructions, "Deploying RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax" I do not see "Telerik.Web.UI" in C:\Windows\assembly.

Additionally, when attempting to get to /Program Files/Common Files/Microsoft Shared/web server extensions/wpresources/RadEditorSharePoint/6.0.0.0__1f131a624888eeed/Resources/, I do not see the RadEditorSharePoint folder.

I am using the RadControls_for_ASP.NET_AJAX_and_SharePoint_2010_Trial.msi install.

I would really like to get Spell check working so that I can show it to management in order to secure purchasing the product.

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 03 Aug 2010, 04:49 PM
Hello Naim,

In case you use the automated SharePoint 2010 AJAX installer, please refer to this topic from the documentation. Generally speaking, you do not need to perform any additional actions/web.config configuration in order to register our AJAX controls and use them in your SharePoint 2010 site.

Best regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Naim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Aug 2010, 06:18 PM
Humm, I must be missing something. I ran the installer and according to the link you gave me, I should see Telerik.Web.UI.dll, Telerik.Ajax.SharePoint.dll and RadEditorSharePoint.dll in the GAC. I do not.
The only thing added is Telerik.Web.Design (version 2010.2.713.20 & 2010.2.713.35).

Looking at the web.config file in the sharepoint site, I do not see the the addition of the Telerik stuff listed on the code example for the page. The time stamp shows the SharePoint date as the last date modified. 
I would try adding the code snippet manually but I do not have a version number for Telerik.Web.UI.dll.
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 04 Aug 2010, 11:31 AM
Hi Naim,

It is strange that the assemblies are not added to the GAC and you do not have the necessary web.config changes applied. Is there any kind of interruption or failure you observed during the automatic installation? This may be the reason for the missing entries.

Adding the settings specified in the article manually would be the alternative solution.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Naim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Aug 2010, 07:30 PM
I got past the issue with dll's not showing in the GAC after I did a re-install.
I am continuing with the instructions on the page http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/sp2010-using-radeditor-in-web-content-management-scenario.html (and this is in reference to the last pic), 
When editing the page, I am not seeing the <PublishingWebControls:RichHtmlField tag and I am wondering if this is a function of SharePoint Server 2010 vs. Foundation.

If so, what needs to be edited for Foundation.

Also how would I enable the RadEditor to be used as the default editor for Wikis and Blogs in SPF

Thanks
Naim

Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 09 Aug 2010, 01:33 PM
Hello Naim,

Also how would I enable the RadEditor to be used as the default editor for Wikis and Blogs in SPF. -
For Blogs review the following online help article: http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/sp2010-using-radeditor-in-list-items.html
For wiki review the "Using the feature" part of the following online help article: http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/sp2010-using-radeditor-in-web-content-management-scenario.html

When editing the page, I am not seeing the <PublishingWebControls:RichHtmlField tag and I am wondering if this is a function of SharePoint Server 2010 vs. Foundation. - if you do not see the RichHtmlField then the only option for enabling the control is using the feature. One reason for the missing RichHtmlField is that it is encapsulated in an user control. In this case I do not think that you can replace it with RadHtmlField.

All the best,
Stanimir
the Telerik team
Edward
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Aug 2010, 06:36 PM
Team,

As same as the above issue, we are also got strucked which i can't find the "Telerik.Web.UI" DLL ,but i can able to see  "Telerik.Web.Design"(version2010.2.713.35 & 2010.2.713.20 )  DLL's in my GAC(C:\Windows\assembly)  which got added along with Telerik.Web.UI_2010_2_713_Dev.msi Automatic Installation by following the same instructions directed by your documentation.

Two ways i tried out manually to place the DLL's,

1.Tried to Drag and Drop into GAC,but not displaying,
2.Tried to register through Visual Studio Command Prompt.

And please let me know that is there any limitations for Sharepoint Foundation 2010 for which we are planned to use Telerik Controls and Webparts for same !!!!!!!!!!!
Naim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Aug 2010, 06:41 PM
Edward, I think you are using the wrong install msi and that is why you are not seeing the dlls. 
Download the RadControls_for_ASP.NET_AJAX_and_SharePoint_2010_Trial.msi  installer.
Once you run that, you should see the dlls.
Edward
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Aug 2010, 06:53 PM

Download the RadControls_for_ASP.NET_AJAX_and_SharePoint_2010_Trial.msi  installer. 

We did the same and was not permitting me to install( RadControls_for_ASP.NET_AJAX_and_SharePoint_2010_Trial.msi) as i told in my previous forum that i already did Telerik.Web.UI_2010_2_713_Dev.msi installation !!!!

Whether we have to uninstall Telerik.Web.UI_2010_2_713_Dev.msi and install RadControls_for_ASP.NET_AJAX_and_SharePoint_2010_Trial.msi ?

Let me know !!!!

Naim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Aug 2010, 08:54 PM
Sorry, I did not read the thread in the forum that you had posted.
Uninstall everything and start over. That's what I did.
Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
Naim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Sebastian
Telerik team
Naim
Top achievements
Rank 1