Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
228 views
Typically I use virtual directories in my websites,  so that when I publish a new version,  the directories the client works in,  do not get overwritten.

In using the File Explorer control,  I can not seem to get the control to see the virtual directories.

I could have sworn I have used server.mappath() on virtual directories before,  but rad file explorer doesnt return the directories or files.

Am I missing something? 

I will do a test on server.mappath to make sure im not crazy, which is entirely possible.  But I thought I would put the question out there to see if anyone can shine some light on it,  while I perform some tests.

Thanks,
M2
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
1 answer
257 views
I am currently using many of the rad controls in my application, RadMenu, RadGrid, RadTabStrip, RadPanel, RadDock all of which have the default skin applied.  I would like to change the font that is being used but I cannot find how to do this.  I did find other posts that say that there has to be an override in the css for each control but not the format to use to override the font.  I was trying to use .RadMenu_Default { font-family: arial,Helvetica,sans-serif !important; } with no luck, I also tried .RadMenu, .RadGrid, .RadGrid_Default.... 

Can you please help?  Font changes should not be this complicated!

Paula
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
12 answers
348 views
When I try to start the VSX, there's a dialog to remind me that VS.NET should run with admin privileges.
I never develop with admin privilieges. Why needs the VSX adminisrtator privilieges?

Absolutly not useful. I don't see any reason why this is should be needed (unless for installing an update).

I got also an error when I check for the update:
"Error retrieving latest version information"

Thanks
Eric
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
5 answers
146 views
I am having an issue getting the insert and delete to function correctly when working client side.  IF I bind the data client side, the insert works but the inline delete does not, if I bind server side the insert does not render correctly (until I refresh the page) but the delete works fine.  Please help.

Thanks,

Michael
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
1 answer
242 views
Hi Telerik!

I am currently working on a project where we need to show some Charts. The standard Charts within VS2010 isn't all that beautiful and neat - so we decided to try your AJAX package. But we have run into some problems we can't solve or find a solution to on your FAQ, Forum or Documentation.

We are trying to create a Chart where the Data is bound through a ObjectDataSource. But it creates to many series and and 7 unnamed items as you can se in the "chart Wizard" picture. It was supposed to create one or two series and with sales statistics from this year and last year as you can se in picure "Noerror". Here we have the standard Chart from VS2010 showing blue and orange bars (blue for this year and orange for last year). This works fine but sure isn't very attractive. Your RadGrid works fine as you can see on the same picture. But as soon as we databind your radChart with our ObjectDataSource and then it tells us that fx. "Kuverter" isn't numeric... We have tried to change and delete different series and Columns and it always comes down to this error. We have also tried to manually create the series and Items as we want, but then it doesn't databind with ObjectDataSource. WE know for sure that all the data is in numeric (Decimal and int). Besides "Afdeling" and "Firma" column, which should represent the Firm and the different sections within it (see the standard chart). Its driving us nuts, because it doesn't make any sense. We have tried creating a little test method that also returns a Array and with some numbers... which again returns the numeric error...

I hope you can help us and please write asap if you need any extra doc. or explaination.

Friendly regards
Nicklas Vind
Kokken & Jomfruen

Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
4 answers
454 views
I have a custom DB layer that accepts a "where" clause as part of retrieving a collection of a specific type that my page needs for existing processing.

I'd like to be able to use the filters in the RadGrid to manipulate my SQL to generate the contents of the "where" clause (rather than having a separate section on the page that would contain the filter inputs).

Is this possible?

I found the column.EvaluteFilterExpression() which returns the info I'm looking for but in a format that would be difficult to manipulate.

At this point I'd even be okay with just getting the TEXT that was entered into the filter box and forcing everyone to use contains if that's the only way to get this done.

Thanks!
Kevin
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
2 answers
154 views
Hi Team,

I have some problem showing a background image in the :hover state. I´ve tried to sort it out by using firebug but I can´t see what I´m doing wrong. Instead of showing background image it shows a background color that I have not set in my css.
Css
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack
{
    background: #4f4f4f;
    width:100% !important;
}
  
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpRootGroup
{
    border-color: #080808;
}
  
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpLink,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpTemplate
{
    color: #fff;
    font: bold 12px/24px "Segoe UI", Arial, sans-serif;
}
  
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpLink
{
    background-image: url('PanelBar/SideBarSubMenuItem.png');
    height: 46px;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    border-color: #4f4f4f;
}
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpLink .rpText
{
    padding: 10px 0px 0px 20px;
    margin:0px;
}
  
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpLink:hover
{
    color: #909a0e;
    background-image: url('PanelBar/SideBarSubMenuItemHover.png')!important;
    height: 46px;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
}
  
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpFocused,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpExpanded,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpSelected,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpSelected:hover
{
    background-color: #2d2d2d;
    border-color: #000;
}
  
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpOut
{
    border-color: #000;
}
  
/* <disabled items> */
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpDisabled,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpDisabled:hover
{
    color: #777;
}
/* </disabled items> */
  
/* <expand arrows> */
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpExpandable .rpText,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpExpanded .rpText
{
    background-color: transparent;
    background-image: url('PanelBar/Expandable.png');
}
/* </expand arrows> */
  
/* <subitems> */
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup
{
    background-color: #4f4f4f;
}
  
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpLink,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpTemplate
{
    color: #a9a9a9;
    background-image: none;
    background-color: transparent;
}
  
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpLink:hover
{
    color: #9eda29;
}
  
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpLink,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpLink .rpOut
{       
    background-color: transparent;
    background-image: url('PanelBar/SubItemStates.png');
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
}
  
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpSelected,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpSelected:hover
{
    color: #fff;
}
  
/* <subitems (disabled)> */
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpDisabled,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpDisabled:hover,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpDisabled .rpOut
{
    background-image: none;
}
  
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpDisabled,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpDisabled:hover
{
    color: #777;
}
/* <subitems (disabled)> */
  
/* </subitems> */
  
  
/* <background positioning> */
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpLink,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpExpanded
{
    background-position: 0 0;
}
  
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpFocused,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpLink:hover,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpExpanded:hover
{
    background-position: 0 -200px;
}
  
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpSelected,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpSelected:hover
{
    background-position: 0 -400px;
}
  
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpFirst .rpLink,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpFirst .rpExpanded
{
    background-position: 0 -1px;
}
  
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpFirst .rpFocused,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpFirst .rpLink:hover
{
    background-position: 0 -201px;
}
  
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpFirst .rpSelected,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpFirst .rpSelected:hover
{
    background-position: 0 -401px;
}
  
/* <root items (disabled)> */
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpDisabled:hover
{
    cursor: default;
}
  
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpDisabled,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpDisabled:hover,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpDisabled:hover .rpOut
{
    background-position: 0 0;
}
/* </root items (disabled)> */
  
/*      <expand arrows> */
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpExpandable .rpText,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpExpanded .rpText
{
    padding-right: 20px;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
}
  
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack_rtl .rpExpandable .rpText,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack_rtl .rpExpanded .rpText
{
    padding-left: 20px;
}
  
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack_rtl .rpGroup .rpText
{
    padding: 0 10px;
}
  
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpExpandable .rpText { background-position: 100% 0; }
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpExpanded .rpText { background-position: 100% -176px; }
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack_rtl .rpExpandable .rpText { background-position: 6px 0; }
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack_rtl .rpExpanded .rpText { background-position: 6px -176px; }
  
/*      </expand arrows> */
  
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpLink,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpLink .rpOut { background-position: 0 200px; }
  
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpLink:hover,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpFocused { background-position: 100% -22px; }
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpLink:hover .rpOut,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpFocused .rpOut { background-position: 0 0; }
  
/*      <subitems (selected)> */
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpSelected,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpSelected:hover { background-position: 100% -222px; background-color: transparent; }
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpSelected .rpOut,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpSelected:hover .rpOut { background-position: 0 -200px; }
/*      </subitems (selected)> */
  
/*      <subitems (expand arrows)> */
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpExpandable .rpText,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpExpandable:hover .rpText { background-position: 100% -938px; }
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpExpanded .rpText,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpGroup .rpExpanded:hover .rpText { background-position: 100% -1078px; }
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack_rtl .rpGroup .rpExpandable .rpText,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack_rtl .rpGroup .rpExpandable:hover .rpText { background-position: 6px -938px; }
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack_rtl .rpGroup .rpExpanded .rpText,
.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack_rtl .rpGroup .rpExpanded:hover .rpText { background-position: 6px -1078px; }
/*      </subitems (expand arrows)> */
/* </background positioning> */
  
 DIV.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpRootGroup .rpLink {
  
    FONT-WEIGHT: bold;
  
}
  
 DIV.RadPanelBar_UnigolfBlack .rpRootGroup .rpLink:hover {
  
    COLOR: #909A0E;
    font-weight:bold;
    background-image: url('PanelBar/SideBarSubMenuItemHover.png')!important;
    height: 46px;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
}
Johnny
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
2 answers
158 views
Hello,

I'm trying to set up a grid where the rows and columns are dynamically added at runtime, and the user can click the cells in the grid to select individual items. We used text boxes within the grid to do it and it works, but we are having issues with the grid alignment.

The second I turn on UseStaticHeaders="true" the columns are slightly offset to the headers when page is loaded, then if you scroll to the right on the grid and try to resize a column the alignment goes wonky.

Here is my grid code and most of my code behind (simplified down as much as possible to still show the issue)

<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGridStandard" OnDataBinding="RadGridStandard_DataBinding" 
    runat="server" Skin="WebBlue" GridLines="None" Width="1100px" >
    <MasterTableView EditMode="InPlace" TableLayout="Fixed" CommandItemDisplay="None" >
    </MasterTableView>
    <ClientSettings>
        <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="true" SaveScrollPosition="True" FrozenColumnsCount="1"  >
        </Scrolling>
        <Resizing AllowColumnResize="True"  EnableRealTimeResize="true"  />
        <ClientEvents  />
    </ClientSettings>
    <SelectedItemStyle BackColor="#FF8080" />
</telerik:RadGrid>

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    DataTable dt = MapDataFromCollectionToGrid(Constants.SecurityMode.Standard);
    RadGridStandard.PageSize = dt.Rows.Count;
    RadGridStandard.DataSource = dt;
    RadGridStandard.DataBind();
    SetUpKeys(RadGridStandard);
}
protected void RadGridStandard_DataBinding(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    for (int i = 0; i < RadGridStandard.PageSize; i++)
    {
        RadGridStandard.EditIndexes.Add(i);
    }
}
private void SetUpKeys(RadGrid radGridSecurity)
{
    radGridSecurity.ClientSettings.Scrolling.FrozenColumnsCount = 1;
    radGridSecurity.CellPadding = 0;
    // Attach the event handlers to the client side events of the TextBoxes. 
    foreach (GridDataItem item in radGridSecurity.MasterTableView.Items)
    {
        if (item != null)
        {
            for (int i = 2; i < radGridSecurity.MasterTableView.RenderColumns.Length; i++)
            {
                GridColumn column = radGridSecurity.MasterTableView.RenderColumns[i];
                if (item[column.UniqueName].Controls.Count > 0)
                {
                    column.HeaderStyle.Width = 90;
                    item[column.UniqueName].Style["Padding"] = "0";
                    item[column.UniqueName].CssClass = "GridItem";
                    item[column.UniqueName].BorderColor = Color.LightGray;
                    TextBox textBox = (item[column.UniqueName].Controls[0]) as TextBox;
                    if ((textBox != null))
                    {
                        textBox.ReadOnly = true;
                        textBox.Attributes.Add("class", "readOnly");
                        textBox.CssClass = "GridAltRow_WebBlue";
                        textBox.BorderStyle = BorderStyle.None;
                        textBox.Width = 90;
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
private DataTable MapDataFromCollectionToGrid(string mode)
{
    ApplicationRoleList applicationRoleColl = LoadRoles();
    DataTable dt = new DataTable();
    //Set the columns
    dt.Columns.Add("PageName");
    foreach (ApplicationRoleType appRole in applicationRoleColl)
    {
        dt.Columns.Add(appRole.Name);
    }
    ApplicationPageRoleCollection appPageRoles = LoadPageRoles(mode);
    string laststring = string.Empty;
    //Set the rows has to be sorted by pagename
    foreach (ApplicationPageRoleType d in appPageRoles)
    {
        if (d.PageName != laststring)
        {
            DataRow drGridRow = dt.NewRow();
            dt.Rows.Add(drGridRow);
            drGridRow["PageName"] = d.PageName;
        }
        if (d.RoleName == "")
        {
            d.RoleName = Constants.SecurityMode.Administrator;
        }
        dt.Rows[dt.Rows.Count - 1][d.RoleName] = d.AccessLevel;
        laststring = d.PageName;
    }
    return dt;
}

Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
7 answers
170 views
I have a basic RadGrid (no heirarchy etc.) on a page, with sort, filter and paging enabled and it is associated with a sqldatasource (SELECT * FROM table1), autogeneratecolumns is set to true.

When I select a value from a dropdownlist I programatically change the datasource select string to another value (SELECT * FROM table2) and then databind the grid to change the columns etc.

The table appears to update successfully, showing the columns from the new table. But when I click on a header to sort a column, I get an error saying "Column not found" for that column name.

a) Does anybody know what is causing this?

b) Is there any way to perform the equivalent of a "Refresh schema" on the RadGrid so that it "resets" itself internally to match the new table?
Jason Thacker
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
1 answer
75 views
Hi,

I have a treeview with four levels (1 - 4), CheckBoxes="true" and TriStateCheckBoxes="true".  If I make level 2 and 3 Checkable = false, and I have an unchecked level 4 node, its parent level 1 node doesn't shows as indeterminate. But if I check and uncheck that level 4 node, level 1 updates correctly

It's that really a bug?

Rubens
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?