Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
8 answers
334 views
Hi,

We used to be able to use the following script to change the validation group each time a user clicks another tab:

function UpdateValidationGroup()
 {
  var tabStrip = <%=RadTabStrip1.ClientID%>;
  tabStrip.ValidationGroup = tabStrip.SelectedTab.Value;
 }

</script>

Currently our company is in the process of buying asp.net ajax 2009 Q1 controls and it seems that the script does not apply anymore.
Can you please help?
We have a tabstrip with four tabs. Each one with it's corresponding pageview with a set of controls. We would like to make each tab validate separately (for which we assigned a different validation group, and even a differente validation summary)
We set Radtabstrip has causesValidation=true

What are we missing here?

Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
1 answer
116 views
Hello:

We are using Telerik v2009Q2; the business scenario is as follows:

1. RadTabStrip contains 2 RadTabs;
2. Each RadTab has 1 RadGrid;
3. Business wants data to be available only in RadTab-0 on load;
4. When user selects RadTab-1, it will load data, using AJAX;

Here is the problem we are facing:

. When user selects RadTab-1, the data in RadTab-0 gets cleared;

Note: We have tried a lot of combinations while calling AjaxSettingsCollection.AddAjaxSetting() method, but end result is always the same.

Will appreciate if a solution is provided.

Thanks .. Rohit Dehar
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
1 answer
113 views
Hi All,

I currently have a command that enlarges a dock to a bigger size. I want to make the small chart I have made to enlarge as well while still being legible. I can't get my head round where to start and preferably would like to do it without using a postback, please reply ASAP if you can I have attached 2 images so you can see what I mean by filling chart to the dock size.

many regards for your ongoing support,

Ash 
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
1 answer
89 views
I have two web pages that each use the radpanelbar. Each page is setup the same as far as the panel bar. The only difference is the aspx "doctype". If I use the version HTML 4.0 doctype, then the panelbar works great. If I use the XHTML 1.0, then the bar will not work at all. In fact IE goes to lunch and I have to kill the process from the task manager.

Can anyone explain why the radpanelbar will work with this
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

but won't work with this

<!

 

DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

 

Kalina
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
3 answers
137 views
Rather than sorting my listboxes by the Text property of the ListBoxItems, I want to use the Value property.

I understand that I'm going to have to do that server-side and I have no problem with that it's just that the following seems a lot of work...
public partial class HierarchyMaintenance : System.Web.UI.Page
{
    protected void ListBox_Transferred(object sender, RadListBoxTransferredEventArgs e)
    {
        e.DestinationListBox.Items.Sort(new ListBoxValueComparer());
    }
 
    public class ListBoxValueComparer : System.Collections.IComparer
    {
        int System.Collections.IComparer.Compare(Object x, Object y)
        {
            string xValue = (x as RadListBoxItem).Value;
            string yValue = (y as RadListBoxItem).Value;
            return Comparer.DefaultInvariant.Compare(xValue, yValue);
        }
    }
}

And if I want to sort by an attribute I would have to create a comparer for each one.

It would be nice to be just able to write something like ...
e.DestinationListBox.Items = 
e.DestinationListBox.Items.OrderBy(i=>i.Attributes[
"MyAttribute"]);

Or have I missed something?

-- 
Stuart
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
1 answer
84 views
I have a single details table with AutoGenerateColumns="true" as I would like the datasource of the details table to depend on what parent item was clicked. However, the details table seem to take structure (column setup) once (at first databind) and then stick with this structure.

Can I have one details table take structure at run time every time the details table is databound?
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
9 answers
349 views
I have a radgrid that uses a usercontrol for its edit form... I have the progress area and the manager on the page with the grid.

The form works fine as long as i dont place a file in the upload control... but if i select a file, when i press the insert button, the page comes with an: internet explorer cannot display the web page...
if i use firefox:
I get this err: The connection was reset
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

How can I get the radupload with progress area to work in a webusercontrol inside of a radgrid ?

Any help would be appreciated

Jeff



Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
6 answers
261 views
Hi,

I have an edit form that has previously contained an asp CheckBoxList. I want to change it to use a RadListBox as I have done throughout the rest of the site to make apply styles consistently using AppTheme skinning.

But this edit form initially disables all controls until the user clicks an edit button which enables them. It works with all other RadControls I have in the form (RadComboBox, RadTreeView, RadMaskedTextBox and RadToolTip) but unfortunately when applied in the same way to the RadListBox the client can still check checkboxes and/or select items in the RadListBox.

The function used to disable/enable the controls is as follows:
private static void DisablePageControls(Control myControl, Boolean setEdit)
{
    foreach (Control cntrl in myControl.Controls)
    {
        switch (cntrl.GetType().ToString())
        {
            case "System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox":
                ((TextBox)cntrl).Enabled = setEdit;
                break;
            case "Telerik.Web.UI.RadTreeView":
                ((RadTreeView)cntrl).Enabled = setEdit;
                break;
            case "Telerik.Web.UI.RadMaskedTextBox":
                ((RadMaskedTextBox)cntrl).Enabled = setEdit;
                break;
            case "Telerik.Web.UI.RadToolTip":
                ((RadToolTip)cntrl).Enabled = setEdit;
                break;
            case "Telerik.Web.UI.RadDatePicker":
                ((RadDatePicker)cntrl).Enabled = setEdit;
                break;
            case "System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList":
                ((DropDownList)cntrl).Enabled = setEdit;
                break;
            case "System.Web.UI.WebControls.CheckBox":
                ((CheckBox)cntrl).Enabled = setEdit;
                break;
            case "System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton":
                ((LinkButton)cntrl).Enabled = setEdit;
                break;
            case "System.Web.UI.WebControls.CheckBoxList":
                ((CheckBoxList)cntrl).Enabled = setEdit;
                break;
            case "Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBox":
                ((RadComboBox)cntrl).Enabled = setEdit;
                break;
            case "Telerik.Web.UI.RadListBox":
                ((RadListBox)cntrl).Enabled = setEdit;
                break;
            default:
                break;
        }
        //Call for additional controls:
        if (cntrl.HasControls())
            DisablePageControls(cntrl, setEdit);
    }
}

I would also prefer the checkboxes/items to be "greyed out" or similar as is the case when the asp CheckBoxList is disabled.

Is this at all possible?

Cheers.
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
1 answer
138 views
Can someone please tell me how to remove the lines from the radio button list when used in a RadGridControl? 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn ItemStyle-Width="80px">
                                        <ItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:RadioButtonList ID="HASelection" runat="server" RepeatColumns="1" RepeatDirection="Vertical">
                                            </asp:RadioButtonList>
                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                    </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
1 answer
79 views
Hi,

I am struggling to style a grid, I am using Telerik RadControls for ASPNET AJAX Q2 2008.  I created a test project with a Default.aspx page and referenced the Telerik.Web.UI.dll and dropped a grid on the default page.  Nothing more.  I binded some data to the grid and the grid displayed and there was already styles associated with it.  Where do these styles come from?  I did not copy any of the installed skins to my web project.

The skinning seems to be different from previous versions of Telerik.  In an older project that I worked on, I created a RadControls directory, and then something like Grid/Skins/Default/Styles.css.  How does the directory structure have to look like for ASPNET AJAX Q2 2008.  If I go to the installed directory then it would like something like C:\Program Files\Telerik\RadControls for ASPNET AJAX Q2 2008\Skins\Default.

What I am trying to say is that I would change some header text to red (to test it) and then the text still comes out black.  Or I would change to make all the text bigger, then it still displays as the default text size.  I have checked out the articles online and they don't help much.

Can someone please help me on the correct path to do this styling the right way?

Thanks
Brendan
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?