Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
100 views
I m using Radtool tip manager with rad tree view but the tool tip shows the same contents every time even though the Id passed to custom control used to be loaded in tool tip changed but content of the custom control does't changes
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
1 answer
372 views
Is there anyway to change the value of a hidden field during postback?
I need to change the asp hidden field during a button click event, but the hidden field value doesn't get retained after the postback.

The button is within a RadAjaxPanel.

I added it to the RadAjaxPanel containing the button, and I also tried additing to RadAjaxManager (see below) but it didn't make any difference.

<

 

telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="Button" >

 

 

<UpdatedControls>

 

 

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="hiddenfield" />

 

 

</UpdatedControls>

 

 

</telerik:AjaxSetting>



 

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
4 answers
333 views
HI,

I have a small form with a radcombobox and 2 radtextboxes as below:

 

<asp:Label ID="lblHeaderPrinter" runat="server" Text="" Font-Bold="true" Font-Underline="true"></asp:Label>

 

<table>

 

 

 

<tr>

 

 

 

<td>Manufacturer:</td>

 

 

 

</tr>

 

 

 

<tr>  

<td>

 

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="ddlManufacturer2" AutoPostBack="true" runat="server"

 

 

 

AppendDataBoundItems="true" Skin="Windows7" OnSelectedIndexChanged="ddlManufacturer2_SelectedIndexChanged">  

</telerik:RadComboBox>

 

</td>  

</tr>

 

</table>  

<table>

 

<tr>  

<td>Model #:</td>

 

<td>Price:</td>  

</tr>

 

<tr>  

<td><telerik:RadTextBox ID="txtPrinterModel" Width="400px" runat="server"></telerik:RadTextBox></td>

 

<td>$<telerik:RadTextBox ID="txtPrinterPrice" runat="server"></telerik:RadTextBox></td>  

</tr>  

 

</table>

 

<table><tr><td>  

<asp:Button ID="btnAddPrinter" runat="server" Text="ADD Printer" OnClick="btnAddPrinter_Click" />

 

<asp:Button ID="btnClearP" runat="server" Text="Clear" OnClick="btnClearP_Click" /></td></tr></table>  

<asp:Label ID="lblPConfirm" runat="server" Text="" Font-Bold="true" ForeColor="Red"></asp:Label>

 

So, I've noticed that when I click Add Printer, the form data inserts in my database with the exception of the txtPrinterModel text.  Upon further playing around, I discovered that if i have the txtPrinterModel and txtPrinterPrice fields filled in, and then change the selected value of the combobox, the txtPrinterModel field clears out, but the txtPrinterPrice does not.  Why would this be the case?  How can I prevent the autopostback on the comobbox from affecting the txtPrinterModel text box?  I do NOT want to turn the autopost back to false because I'd like to use validator controls, and the ddlManufacturer2_SelectedIndexChanged clears my label out, among other functionality that I'd like to add later.

As of now, the code for ddlManufacturer2_SelectedIndexChanged looks like this and has no interaction with txtPrinterModel

 

public

 

 

void ddlManufacturer2_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

lblPConfirm.Text =

 

"";

 

 

}

 

 


All of this is on a user control which has a RadAjaxManagerProxy, however, no ajax settings for any of these controls.  The RadAjaxManager on the main page also has no ajax settings at the moment.

Please help. I've been trying to fix this issue for 2 days!!!!

Thanks,
Jason
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
6 answers
179 views
I want to provide a "Refresh" link for the user if the Callback fails...is there a way to get the posted Error Value in the Error Callback Method somehow?
Pero
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
1 answer
79 views
Hi,


I have requirement to modify the grid header, so that it should full fill our current requirement.

  1. Displaying  x of x Orders  should be on the first row
  2. On the 2nd row, 'Display 10 records per page' should be left aligned
  3. On the same row ( 2nd ), the page navigator should be right aligned.
  4. The width of the grid should not be less than 'Max width of page navigator' + 'Display x records per page'



Thanks in advance
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
1 answer
159 views
I have been working on a SharePoint application page that has a RadGrid on it, I've finally managed to get it displaying more or less how i want it, but the cell alignment seems a little odd, and when I try to add a skin it gives me an error saying that the skin wasn't found or something like that. I've attached the aspx and codebehind file, and also a screen of how it is displaying now, I would appreciate any help.

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" MasterPageFile="~/_layouts/application.master" CodeBehind="~/Pages/VersionHistory.aspx.cs"
         Inherits="BlackBlade.ListActions.DocumentSectionManager.Monitor.VersionHistory, BlackBlade.ListActions.DocumentSectionManager.Monitor,Version=1.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=932c3000eeb6dd9c"
    %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="SharePoint" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls"
    Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>
 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.3.1125.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"
    Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
    Namespace="System.Web.UI" TagPrefix="cc1" %>
 
<asp:Content ID="Main" runat="server" contentplaceholderid="PlaceHolderMain" >   
 
        <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server" />
        <!-- content start -->
        
        <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
            <AjaxSettings>
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadGrid1">
                    <UpdatedControls>
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadGrid1" />
                    </UpdatedControls>
                </telerik:AjaxSetting>
            </AjaxSettings>
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager>
         
        <telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" CssClass=RadGrid runat="server" OnColumnCreated="RadGrid1_ColumnCreated"
            OnItemCreated="RadGrid1_ItemCreated" OnItemDataBound="RadGrid1_ItemDataBound">
            <MasterTableView CssClass=rgClipCells HierarchyDefaultExpanded="true" HierarchyLoadMode="Client" AllowSorting="true"
                DataKeyNames="GUID, ParentGUID" Width="100%">
                <SelfHierarchySettings ParentKeyName="ParentGUID" KeyName="GUID" />
            </MasterTableView>
            <ClientSettings AllowExpandCollapse="true" />
        </telerik:RadGrid>
     
        <!-- content end --> 
     
</asp:Content>
 
<asp:Content ID="PageTitle" runat="server"
             contentplaceholderid="PlaceHolderPageTitle" >
   Version History
</asp:Content>
 
<asp:Content ID="PageTitleInTitleArea" runat="server"
             contentplaceholderid="PlaceHolderPageTitleInTitleArea" >
   BlackBlade Version History
</asp:Content>

using System;
using Telerik.Web.UI;
using Microsoft.SharePoint;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Reflection;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls;
using System.Data;
 
namespace BlackBlade.ListActions.DocumentSectionManager.Monitor
{
    public partial class VersionHistory : LayoutsPageBase
    {
        private DataTable dataTable = new DataTable();
        protected void RadGrid1_ColumnCreated(object sender, GridColumnCreatedEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.Column is GridExpandColumn)
            {
                e.Column.Visible = false;
            }
            else if (e.Column is GridBoundColumn)
            {
                e.Column.HeaderStyle.Width = Unit.Pixel(100);
            }
        }
 
        protected override void OnLoad(EventArgs e)
        {
            try
            {
                base.OnLoad(e);
 
                string strItemId = this.Request["ItemID"];
                string strListId = this.Request["ListID"];
 
                SPWeb site = this.Web;
                SPList list = site.Lists[new Guid(strListId)];
                SPListItem item = list.GetItemById(Convert.ToInt32(strItemId));
                 
                ColumnSetup();
                 
                VersionCollectionTree tree = new VersionCollectionTree(item);
                PopulateData(tree.headers[0], "root");
                RadGrid1.DataSource = dataTable;
 
                RadGrid1.MasterTableView.FilterExpression = "ParentGUID = 'root'";
            }
            catch
            {
            }
        }
 
 
 
        protected override void  OnPreRenderComplete(EventArgs e)
        {
            base.OnPreRenderComplete(e);
            HideExpandColumnRecursive(RadGrid1.MasterTableView);
 
            RadGrid1.MasterTableView.GetColumn("GUID").Visible = false;
            RadGrid1.MasterTableView.GetColumn("ParentGUID").Visible = false;
 
             
        }
 
        public void HideExpandColumnRecursive(GridTableView tableView)
        {
            GridItem[] nestedViewItems = tableView.GetItems(GridItemType.NestedView);
            foreach (GridNestedViewItem nestedViewItem in nestedViewItems)
            {
                foreach (GridTableView nestedView in nestedViewItem.NestedTableViews)
                {
                    nestedView.Style["border"] = "0";
                    nestedView.GetColumn("GUID").Visible = false;
                    nestedView.GetColumn("ParentGUID").Visible = false;
 
                    Button MyExpandCollapseButton = (Button)nestedView.ParentItem.FindControl("MyExpandCollapseButton");
                    if (nestedView.Items.Count == 0)
                    {
                        if (MyExpandCollapseButton != null)
                        {
                            MyExpandCollapseButton.Style["visibility"] = "hidden";
                        }
                        nestedViewItem.Visible = false;
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        if (MyExpandCollapseButton != null)
                        {
                            MyExpandCollapseButton.Style.Remove("visibility");
                        }
                    }
 
                    if (nestedView.HasDetailTables)
                    {
                        HideExpandColumnRecursive(nestedView);
                    }
                }
            }
        }
 
        protected void RadGrid1_ItemCreated(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
        {
            CreateExpandCollapseButton(e.Item, "Title");
 
            if (e.Item is GridHeaderItem && e.Item.OwnerTableView != RadGrid1.MasterTableView)
            {
                e.Item.Style["display"] = "none";
            }
 
            if (e.Item is GridNestedViewItem)
            {
                e.Item.Cells[0].Visible = false;
            }
        }
 
        protected void RadGrid1_ItemDataBound(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
        {
            CreateExpandCollapseButton(e.Item, "Title");
        }
 
        public void CreateExpandCollapseButton(GridItem item, string columnUniqueName)
        {
            if (item is GridDataItem)
            {
                if (item.FindControl("MyExpandCollapseButton") == null)
                {
                    Button button = new Button();
                    button.Click += new EventHandler(button_Click);
                    button.CommandName = "ExpandCollapse";
                    button.CssClass = (item.Expanded) ? "rgCollapse" : "rgExpand";
                    button.ID = "MyExpandCollapseButton";
 
                    if (item.OwnerTableView.HierarchyLoadMode == GridChildLoadMode.Client)
                    {
                        string script = String.Format(@"$find(""{0}"")._toggleExpand(this, event); return false;", item.Parent.Parent.ClientID);
 
                        button.OnClientClick = script;
                    }
 
                    int level = item.ItemIndexHierarchical.Split(':').Length;
                    if (level > 1)
                    {
                        button.Style["margin-left"] = level * 10 + "px";
                    }
 
                    TableCell cell = ((GridDataItem)item)[columnUniqueName];
                    cell.Controls.Add(button);
                    cell.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl(" "));
                    cell.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl(((GridDataItem)item)[columnUniqueName].Text.ToString()));
                }
            }
        }
 
        void button_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            ((Button)sender).CssClass = (((Button)sender).CssClass == "rgExpand") ? "rgCollapse" : "rgExpand";
        }
 
        private void ColumnSetup()
        {
            dataTable.Columns.Add("Title", typeof(string));
            dataTable.Columns.Add("Version");
            dataTable.Columns.Add("Modified");
            dataTable.Columns.Add("User");
            dataTable.Columns.Add("Size");
            dataTable.Columns.Add("Comment");
            dataTable.Columns.Add("GUID", typeof(string));
            dataTable.Columns.Add("ParentGUID", typeof(string));
        }
 
        private void PopulateData(VersionCollectionTree.Node node, string parentGUID)
        {
            DataRow row = dataTable.NewRow();
 
            string GUID = node.versionCollection.latest.file.UniqueId.ToString();
 
            row["GUID"] = GUID;
            row["ParentGUID"] = parentGUID;
            row["Title"] = node.versionCollection.latest.file.Name;
            row["Version"] = node.versionCollection.latest.versionLabel;
            row["Modified"] = node.versionCollection.latest.created;
            row["User"] = node.versionCollection.latest.user.Name;
            row["Size"] = node.versionCollection.latest.size;
            row["Comment"] = node.versionCollection.latest.comment;
            dataTable.Rows.Add(row);
 
            if (node.hasChildren)
            {
                foreach (VersionCollectionTree.Node child in node.children)
                {
                    PopulateData(child, GUID);
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Thanks,
Alex
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
1 answer
66 views

Hi there,

I have managed to implement a custom progress area and now I need to remove some of the items that are displayed. I have already removed some of the ProgressIndicators, but need further assistance with the following. Please see http://www.roshanmehta.co.nz/images/progressbar.png

I would like to:

  1. Remove 100% Total 1
  2. Modify Uploaded file: to Completed:
  3. Remove the (19) next to the total percentage.


If someone could please give me some insight into how to accomplish this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Rosco

Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
1 answer
77 views
I have a RadGrid attaching RadComboBox for each GridDataItem row to allow user to perform multiple add/edit records.
Is there anyway to share RadComboBox's items across the RadGrid?


Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
1 answer
140 views
In one page we have a RadGrid but with no <style> in the HTML code, but if we copy that RadGrid to another page, we get a lot of .RadGrid and .RadGrid_Default in the HTML code, why is this? Originally, we hade the <style> in the first page as well, but we had problems with RadGrid icons (the default one, like "+") not showing up, even though they were indeed on the page, and removing the <style> seemed to fix that problem, was that a misstake? Is it so that unless you specify a skin, those are the settings used, labeled as "Default" in the Skin-selector? Please note that we have not done any fancy CSS styling at all, just slapped the RadGrids on our pages and used the default "grayish" theme/skin.


I think I remember reading something about that the included <style> was something form a previous version of the ASP.NET Ajax controls, but this could be a fragment of my imagination. Where is a good place to start reading up on how the Telerik controls work with styles?
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
18 answers
948 views
Hi,
  I have 3 grids on a page and I want to export all 3 grids to a Excel file.

  Here is the code I used to export the grids to Excel, but it will create 3 Excel files.
            rgReport1.ExportSettings.ExportOnlyData = True
            rgReport1.ExportSettings.OpenInNewWindow = True
            rgReport1.MasterTableView.ExportToExcel()
            rgReport2.ExportSettings.ExportOnlyData = True
            rgReport2.ExportSettings.OpenInNewWindow = True
            rgReport2.MasterTableView.ExportToExcel()
            rgReport3.ExportSettings.ExportOnlyData = True
            rgReport3.ExportSettings.OpenInNewWindow = True
            rgReport3.MasterTableView.ExportToExcel()


            rgReport1.ExportSettings.ExportOnlyData = True
            rgReport1.ExportSettings.OpenInNewWindow = True
            rgReport1.MasterTableView.ExportToExcel()
  Is it possible to export all 3 grids to the same Excel file?
swapnil jagtap
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?