Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
105 views
Hi there,

I am creating an employee dashboard similar to an iGoogle implementation.

I am using the radtabstrip and radwindowmanager inside of a radajaxupdatepanel. When a tab is clicked, an ajax postback occurs, the previously open radwindows are removed from the radwindow manager (on the server side), and new radwindows are created (again on server side).

After the ajax postback is done, the windows appear properly, but do not fire their dragend and resizeend client events the first time the user drags/resizes after the postback. The user has to drag/resize at least twice before the events are fired.

Should I be doing something else to ensure that the events are wired up?

Thanks,

Adam
Adam Toth
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
3 answers
367 views
Basically have a treeview that has a title as the first node and upon contextmenu selection you add a user control to the item template...

I'm assuming upon the e.menuitem.value on the case statement you would add that user control to the item template on that node but how do you add it dynamically?

thanks in advance.
Lee
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
2 answers
313 views
I have a multi-column combobox showing 3 items in the dropdown.  When going to select an item the highlight bar is very thin, bounces around a lot and rarely ends up on the item to be clicked/selected. See attached image.

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="radcmbProduct" runat="server" Width="400px" Height="200px" AllowCustomText="false" EmptyMessage="Select a Product" EnableLoadOnDemand="True" ShowMoreResultsBox="true" DropDownWidth="600px" EnableVirtualScrolling="true" HighlightTemplatedItems="true" MarkFirstMatch="true" NoWrap="true" OnItemsRequested="radcmbProduct_ItemsRequested" OnItemDataBound="radcmbProduct_ItemDataBound">
      <HeaderTemplate>
           <ul>
              <li class="col1">Title</li>
              <li class="col2">System</li>
              <li class="col3">Price</li>
            </ul>
      </HeaderTemplate>
      <ItemTemplate>
            <ul>
               <li class="col1">
                   <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Title") %></li>
               <li class="col2">
                   <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "GameSystemName") %></li>
               <li class="col3">
                   <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "DisplayPrice")%></li>
            </ul>
       </ItemTemplate>
</telerik:RadComboBox>
Jeff Reinhardt
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
1 answer
83 views
Hi Team,

I want to replace the simple textbox coming in RadScheduler (for adding appointments) with HTML editor.
Please suggest how can i customize that. Please reply to the earliest.

Thanks and Regards,
Amrita Mandal
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
2 answers
175 views
Hi,

I have a combobox within a griditemtemplate. This combobox is being populated in sql by using the following code.

Protected Sub RadGrid1_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As GridItemEventArgs)
        If e.Item.ItemType = 2 And e.Item.IsInEditMode Then
            Dim editform As GridDataItem = CType(e.Item, GridDataItem)
            Dim comboBox As RadComboBox = editform.FindControl("cmboDomains")
            PopulateComboEmail(comboBox)
        End If
    End Sub

The problem I have now is that I want to bind a value from the grid as the text for this combobox only after the combobox has been populated. As of right now, the combobox comes up empty because I try to bind the text value before there are any values in the combobox.

<telerik:RadTextBox id="txtEmailAddress" runat="server" MaxLength="150" Width="200" Text='<%# Bind("proxyAddresses") %>'/>@<telerik:RadComboBox ID="cmboDomains" runat="server" Width="200" text="'<%# Bind("domain") %>'"></telerik:RadComboBox>


Please let me know how I can achieve this!

Thanks!
Trevor
Trevor
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
1 answer
130 views
Here is my situation - first, I am using the javascript blurb that Telerik provided in the documentation in order to display the Submit button inside the div (Place the submit button inside the upload div). So the Submit button is not tied to any kind of code-behind action.

Now, what I want to do is use the Upload control to get my files, but I don't want them copied to a folder. I am going to convert them to another format in memory, then save the converted files to the database. All of this is being done in memory.

Since I don't have a button click event firing, I decided to simply hook into the RadUpload1_ValidatingFile() event instead. There, I just start with:

UploadedFile file = e.UploadedFile;

then I just start the process of converting my file and saving it to the DB.

All of this works just great, with one exception - the Upload control still copies the file to the folder specified in the TargetFolder parameter.
I don't want that to happen.

I tried ending the process with:
   e.SkipInternalValidation = !e.IsValid;

But that doesn't stop the file from copying over :(

Help?
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
2 answers
214 views
It appears the default z-index for the TreeView ContextMenus is 7000 and written by the control in-line. I need to change this value so that the ContextMenus appears above some other elements on the page.

How do I do this?

Thanks in advance,

Keith E.
Keith
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
6 answers
290 views
Hi guys!
What is the purpose of FileItem.Extension property?
I'd like to show files without extensions with proper icons. So my original thought was to use FileItem.Extension but after debugging I have discovered that only file extension is used as additional class name.
Is this an issue that Extension property is ignored and how can I show files with proper icons?
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
2 answers
300 views
I'm experiencing different results when clicking on the Cut, Copy, Paste, or Paste From buttons in the Editor toolbar depending on what browser I use.  The issues can be reproduced using Telerik's default demo for the RadEditor (http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/editor/examples/default/defaultcs.aspx)

Here are the results...
* Firefox (v3.6.8)- a pop-up message indicates to use the keyboard shortcuts for Cut, Copy, Paste, and Paste From buttons. 
* IE (v8.0.6001.18702) - all the buttons work as expected, no pop-up indicating to use keyboard shortcuts.
* Safari (v4.0.5) - the Cut and Copy work as expected, but the pop-up message is received when clicking the Paste or Paste From buttons.
* Google Chrome (v5.0.375.126) - the Cut and Copy work as expected, but the pop-up message is received when clicking the Paste or Paste From buttons

Anyone know why the button behavior varies between the different browsers?
Thanks!
Amy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
1 answer
123 views
Dear Support,

I am trying to implement FIleExplorer in my application using the DBContentProvider sample.
I was finding it difficult to get around the Handler.ashx class.

This class is suppose to receive HTTP request from the client and process it in our custom logic. But as per Microsoft's Documentation on Handler class, they are supposed to be Marked in the Web.Config within the httphandlers tag, to make it work. I do not see any such implementation in our web.config. So how does it work then, and also as per them, it can be debugged. But in your demo, i have put breakpoints in all the methods. But none of them get hit while running your sample.

Can you please suggest me with a sample if possible as how does it work and if it can be debugged.
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?