Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
232 views
Hi,

I have a radpane that is not collapsing when I click on its splitbar that has its collapsemode set to 'Both'. If I click on the arrow to expand it does this no problem, however if I click on the arrow to collapse the arrow just flashes.

Any ideas please anyone as what may cause this?

Regards,

Ian W
Ian Wells
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
2 answers
85 views
I want to show the page number and total number of records if there is only one page like below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[1]                                                  Page 1 of 1, item 1 to 10 of 10
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What radGrid's attribute should I set up?

Thanks
Brew
Brew Hutch
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
1 answer
198 views
I can find information relating to "batch update", but what I'd like to do is have a grid where the user inputs a number of rows which are displayed client-side (possibly with calculated fields and footers), possibly edited, then input to the database in one go with a button click.

Is there any "help" or "how to" for this?

Thanks
John
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
2 answers
140 views
I hate having to ask this as I am sure it is something simple, but I wanted to post it while I continue to look for the answer.

I am using inlione edit on my grid, and have a Command Item Bar to allow adding a new row to the grid.

The problem I am having is that after hittiing the 'PerformInsert' and rebinding to the grid, the new row still shows at the bottom of the grid.  

How can I make it go away once i hit 'Save' and rebind to the grid?

protected void rgACWF1_ItemCommand(object source, Telerik.Web.UI.GridCommandEventArgs e)
{
    GridEditableItem editedItem;
    switch (e.CommandName)
    {
        case "Update":
            editedItem = (GridEditableItem) rgACWF1.EditItems[0];
            UpateACWFValue(editedItem, e);
            break;
        case "PerformInsert":
            editedItem = rgACWF1.MasterTableView.GetInsertItem();                    
            orgManager.SaveACWF1Value(AddACWFValue(editedItem, e));                                        
            break;
        case "Delete":
            editedItem = (GridDataItem) e.Item;
            Guid acwfValueID = new Guid(editedItem.OwnerTableView.DataKeyValues[editedItem.ItemIndex]["ID"].ToString());
            orgManager.DeleteAssetCriticalityWeightingFactorValue(acwfValueID);
            break;
    }

    rgACWF1.Rebind();
}
Clint Leonard
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
10 answers
164 views
Hi,

I´ve seen the filter grid by combobox demo and I´m wondering if this functionality can be applied with some of the other controls such as menu, tabstrip, toolbar etc.? I have kind of a "Northwind - Category/products" relationship and I was hoping to have an easy way of populating a menu with the categories and with a click on the menu filter my grid with products.

If any one have some ideas or links to video´s or forum post´s, just let me know.

Thanks
Johnny
Johnny
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
3 answers
344 views
I have a web user control which contains a Repeater control inside a RadAjaxPanel.  The Repeater control has an ItemTemplate which contains several table columns, one of which is a RadNumericTextBox.

What I want to happen is, when the user changes the value in the RadNumericTextBox it should via Ajax refresh the Repeater control.  What is actually happening is a full page-postback.

Here is the ascx code:

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="ShoppingBasketPanel.ascx.cs" Inherits="myapp.Controls.ShoppingBasketPanel" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
 
<div>
    <div style="margin-top:10px; clear:both;">
          
    </div>
    <div style="width: 600px; margin: auto;">
        <telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="RadAjaxPanel1" runat="server" Width="600px" EnableAJAX="true"
            LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" EnablePageHeadUpdate="True"
            HorizontalAlign="NotSet">
         
        <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server" Skin="Default" />
        <asp:Repeater ID="rptBasket" runat="server" onitemdatabound="rptBasket_ItemDataBound">
            <HeaderTemplate>
                <table style="width: 100%;">
                    <thead>
                        <tr>
                            <th align="left">Quantity</th>
                            <th align="left">Product</th>
                            <th align="right">Item Price</th>
                            <th align="right">Item Total</th>
                            <th> </th>
                            <th> </th>
                        </tr>
                    </thead>
            </HeaderTemplate>
 
            <ItemTemplate>
                <tr>
                    <td align="left"><telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="txtQuantity" runat="server" MaxLength="3" MinValue="1" MaxValue="999" Width="40px"
                                            DataType="System.Int32" ShowSpinButtons="True" NumberFormat-DecimalDigits="0" AutoPostBack="True"
                                            OnTextChanged="txtQuantity_OnTextChanged" /></td>
                    <td align="left"><asp:Label ID="lblProduct" runat="server" /></td>
                    <td align="right"><asp:Label ID="lblItemPrice" runat="server" /></td>
                    <td align="right"><asp:Label ID="lblTotal" runat="server" /></td>
                    <td><asp:HiddenField ID="hfCode" runat="server" /><asp:HiddenField ID="hfOption" runat="server" /> </td>
                    <td style="margin-left:5px;"><asp:ImageButton ID="imgbRemove" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/Images/delete.png" Width="16" Height="16" /></td>
                </tr>
            </ItemTemplate>
 
            <FooterTemplate>
                    <tfoot>
                        <tr>
                            <td> </td>
                            <td> </td>
                            <td colspan="2" align="right"><strong>Total  </strong><asp:Label ID="lblBasketTotal" runat="server" Text="0" /></td>
                            <td> </td>
                            <td> </td>
                        </tr>
                    </tfoot>
                </table>
            </FooterTemplate>
        </asp:Repeater>
 
        </telerik:RadAjaxPanel>
    </div>
</div>

The txtQuantity_OnTextChanged method does some internal processing and then:

rptBasket.DataSource = CartItems;
rptBasket.DataBind();

The Page_Load method doesn't do anything unless IsPostBack is FALSE.

The aspx page containing the user control has no Ajax on it.  Any assistance much appreciated!
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
1 answer
121 views
I would like to use automatic load on demand with an entity datasource but need to select a value like FullName that would return LastName & ", " & FirstName.  I have tried many different approaches with no luck.  What is the best way to achieve this? 
Thanks in advance,
Bryan Foster
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
2 answers
266 views
I have 2 ListBoxes. If an item in one ListBox is disabled I need to stop it from being transferred to the other.

I've already established that I need to limit the buttons to remove the TransferAll... options in an attempt to achieve this.

With only the TransferTo and TransferFrom buttons working it appears that you can stop the transfer of disabled items 'cos you can't select 'em, but no...

If I select an item above the disabled item and transfer it to the other ListBox, the source ListBox automatically selects the next item down in the list whether or not it is disabled". Similarly, if the disabled item is at the top of the list and I transfer all of the other items in the ListBox, the disabled item is selected when it is the remaining item and it can be transferred.

Now, I personally think that having the system select a disabled item automagically is a bug. If it's not and this functionality is by design, can I request a new property on the ListBox; AllowDisabledItemTransfer. If you set the default to true then the existing functionality will remain unchanged.

-- 
Stuart
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
2 answers
137 views
Hi!
I've set the document manager to point to a virtual folder that is linked to a folder on a different site on the same server.

For some reason it's not working on the live server but the same schema does work on the test environment.

When I click on the document manager icon on the editor it opens a window where I see the manager with all controls disabled and the message "No records to display".

There is no visible error so I wonder how I can detect why it's not able to access the appropriate folder. I've played with permissions with no luck. If the folder it's a "normal" folder and not a virtual folder, works perfectly.

I just want to see a message telling me what's wrong, just that.  I'm totally blind on this.

Thanks in advance!
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
4 answers
128 views

The Previous < and Next > month buttons do not update the calendar when they are clicked using the following .aspx code with Telerik.Web.UI version 2010.1.415.35.

<telerik:RadSplitter runat="server" ID="RadSplitter1" PanesBorderSize="0" Width="734px"
                Height="782px" Skin="Office2007">
        <telerik:RadPane runat="server" ID="leftPane" Width="260px" MinWidth="260" MaxWidth="300"
                    Scrolling="None" >
            <telerik:RadCalendar runat="server" ID="RadCalendar1" Skin="Office2007" AutoPostBack="True"
                        EnableMultiSelect="False" DayNameFormat="Shortest"
                        OnSelectionChanged="RadCalendar1_SelectionChanged" CellAlign="Center" 
                        CellVAlign="Middle" FirstDayOfWeek="Default" 
                        MonthLayout="Layout_7columns_x_6rows" Orientation="RenderInRows" 
                        PresentationType="Interactive" SelectedDate="" TitleAlign="Center" 
                            ShowRowHeaders="False">
                </telerik:RadCalendar>
                <br />
            <telerik:RadPanelBar 
                    runat="server" ID="RadPanelBar1"
                    Height="380px"
                    ExpandMode="FullExpandedItem"
                    OnItemClick="RadPanelBar1_ItemClick"
                    Skin="Office2007">
                    <Items>
                        <telerik:RadPanelItem Text="Appointments" Expanded="True">
                            <Items>
                                <telerik:RadPanelItem  Text="Appointment Master" />
                                <telerik:RadPanelItem  Text="Criminal History Schedule (Troop)" />
                                <telerik:RadPanelItem  Text="New Appointments" />
                            </Items>
                        </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                        <telerik:RadPanelItem Text="Services" >
                            <Items>
                                <telerik:RadPanelItem  Text="Headquarters Service" />
                                <telerik:RadPanelItem  Text="Service Worklist" />
                            </Items>
                        </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                        <telerik:RadPanelItem Text="Reports">
                            <Items>
                                <telerik:RadPanelItem  Text="CHCM Report Module" />
                            </Items>
                        </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                    </Items>
            </telerik:RadPanelBar>
            <p style="padding: 5px 10px"><asp:Literal Runat="server" ID="Label1"></asp:Literal></p>
        </telerik:RadPane>
Suzanne
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?